Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony is clearly intent on making the PS3 the all-in-one hub for your home entertainment. A new list of media formats supported by the system right out of the box includes a variety of hard and digital formats, and should satisfy the needs of just about everyone.

The hard media has been known for some time, but here's the full list.

BD-ROM

BD-R

BD-RE

DVD-ROM

DVD-R

DVD-RW

DVD+R

DVD+RW

CD-ROM

CD-R

CD-RW

Super Audio CD

The PS3 will also allow you to access a variety of media file formats from the video, music and photo menus of the Cross Media Bar. We're assuming these files can be stored anywhere, including the hard disk and memory cards.

VIDEO

MPEG-1

MPEG-2 (PS,TS)

H.264/MEPG-4 AVC

MPEG-4 SP

MUSIC

ATRAC (.oma .msa .aa3)

AAC (.3gp .mp4)

MP3 (.mp3)

WAV (.wav)

IMAGES

JPEG

GIF

PNG

TIFF

BMP

The Japanese magazine Otona Fami 2006 gives us some details concerning the stage of development of the various projects of Square Enix :

- Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3): 13%

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PlayStation 3): 1.3%

- Itadaki Street DS (Nintendo DS): 50%

- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (Nintendo DS): 40%

- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PlayStation 2): 130% (2 plays)

WTF!!!!!

THATS . . . . sooo good for Nintendo- a few of my friends were only planning on getting PS3 when FF XIII comes out, which wont be for many years yet-so till then they'll be forced to buy more games for their Wiis.

i just cant wait for FF XII . . . some time next year :cry:

Thats what the cell processor does to people it absorbed a doll and a human being and transformed itself to be that thing.

Anywho the only reason I would choose to get a ps3 if those bitches at s-e understand something we don't want crystal chronicle ff games we want ff12 and the like or an update of FF7

Come on give us what we want

The Japanese magazine Otona Fami 2006 gives us some details concerning the stage of development of the various projects of Square Enix :

- Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3): 13%

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PlayStation 3): 1.3%

- Itadaki Street DS (Nintendo DS): 50%

- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (Nintendo DS): 40%

- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PlayStation 2): 130% (2 plays)

Noooooooooooo square why, why dammit!? :cry:

According to Mainichi Interactive, in anticipation of hardware shortages, Sony will be selling PlayStation 3 vouchers in Japan this holiday. It's unclear if the "I.O.U." will require a small down payment or the entire ¥49,800.

What a good idea, its like they buy them so its like we won't get any ps3 until the year 2050

On a lighter note I have deceided that I'm going to try and buy me a ps3 as I like it, but I want all 3 consoles.

I'm increasing with complexity and money

i.e

N64

GC + XBOX

XBOX 360 + Wii + PS3

Lets hope microsoft deceides to reduce the price of their software by £5

Then things can work out

What a good idea, its like they buy them so its like we won't get any ps3 until the year 2050

On a lighter note I have deceided that I'm going to try and buy me a ps3 as I like it, but I want all 3 consoles.

I'm increasing with complexity and money

i.e

N64

GC + XBOX

XBOX 360 + Wii + PS3

Lets hope microsoft deceides to reduce the price of their software by £5

Then things can work out

do you have the money considering your a student?!

Hell yes earned my self £50 today being part of a focus group for nestle sampling some nasty sweets under the wonka brand

EDIT: Also I can live food wise on about £50 per month and I have loads of money coming to me in february

50 a month!!!! WTF DO YOU EAT?!?! i spend about 20 a week on food, then i need about 30 for going out.

£50 per month? I bet homeless live on more than that...

*cough* More points than Tak *cough*

WOOOOOT!!! man i love you :love:

someone has seen the light!!

TBF after seeing the PS3 actually demoed on On the Spot it doesn't seem that bad, i knew i'd get one eventually but after seeing it and providing its online is good and Sony dont take the piss charging too much for games or for its downloadable content then i may have to get one a year sooner; probably when i'm in japan premusing i'm not too bad at japanese and that the import prices for NTSC games are a little cheaper.

Well I go out maybe once a week and I normally have a pint and a few soft drinks, Tak. but that lasts me a good month. Plus it dead cheap for food and kinda of moderately expensive for going out

Anyway on a lighter note we should respect each console for what it can deliver to the marketplace. I know I particularly in the past have sounded a bit pompus. But I feel we should show the love to all consoles let us not be picky.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!