N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 units?!?!? Wow, Wii really will get ahead this xmas!

I know alot of people will say the launch window doesn't really matter and it's the sales AFTER 3months or so that make a difference, but seriously, Wii could be MILES ahead before ps3 even reaches Europe.

Well I'm some what shocked by this survey http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3978&Ite%20mid=2

According to that 8.9 million USA people are willing to buy the PS3 at full price. That's quite a lot of people. I would of thought it would of been less till it was reduced in price.

I guess it will sell at that price then and not lower.

Well I'm some what shocked by this survey http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3978&Ite%20mid=2

According to that 8.9 million USA people are willing to buy the PS3 at full price. That's quite a lot of people. I would of thought it would of been less till it was reduced in price.

I guess it will sell at that price then and not lower.

Can't see how they get those figures from interviewing just 2000 people.

Sony Australia says Wii "a bit pricey"

"For what it specifically does as a video games machine [it] is a bit pricey." No, this quote isn't from yet another analyst bemoaning the PS3's high price point; it's from Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Managing Director Michael Ephraim, talking about the Wii's AU$400 price point in an interview with a blog associated with Australia's Age newspaper. Ephraim also mentioned that the Xbox 360 "appeals only to a very core group" and, at a little over AU$600, is "still pricey."

Ephraim was not asked what he thought about the PlayStation 3's AU$1,000 price point, but I think it's fair to guess the word "pricey" wouldn't be anywhere near his answer. Seriously, when many analysts and consumers consider a high price point to be your system's major weakness, you shouldn't be talking smack about the affordability of the competition.

Sony are at it again it seems... as even tho a PS3 is gonna cost you your life savings you would expect it to come with something better than a standard composite AV cable... but thats exactly what your gonna get a box standard composite AV cable!

CHEAP BASTARDS!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738409p1.html

that's normal... most people ignore this cost when buying a next gen console, but a 1080p HDMI cable, particularly should cost to the consumer somewhere between $80/120 dollars.

That's why it isn't included.

I suppose it might be Sony thinking, well not everyone has HDTV Sets yet so why make average Joe consumer pay for something that has no use until he/she gets a HD TV. After that then slap the $80/$120 for a HDMI cable. Seems fine to me, though for those who have HD TV now i can understand why they might be upset at having to fork over extra for HD visuals

They're too busy fucking everyone else over.

Europe especially.

And for those of you that can't be bothered to click that link:

Spanish gaming site MeriStation is reporting that Ken Kutaragi recently admitted that supply problems for Japan and North America could force the European PS3 launch to be delayed until May -- which would mean that Japanese and American consumers might have their systems nearly six months before the eager gamers in the rest of the world.

Makes no difference to me as I won't be getting one at launch, but I thought some people might be interested.