• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh.

ps3devk1ei2.jpg

ps3devk2br5.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

Initially, we were concerned that the kits would still run extremely hot and be very loud (in fact, some people have likened the whine of the dev kit fans to that of a jet turbine), but we were pleasantly surprised to note the distinct lack of noise and heat coming from the system.

We were also told that the dev kit seemed to be extremely adaptive and easy to program for. In fact, Pseudo talked about how they hadn't put in their planned tilt sensitivity, but had literally dropped in the wireless support for the controllers on Tuesday.

The controllers, which feel much lighter thanks to the removal of the rumble feature, nevertheless were solid and extremely responsive. While those weren't the finalized controllers for the PS3 itself, they felt much better than the ones that were at E3.

we also discovered during our multiplayer session that each controller was "smart" enough to recognize which system and what player it was initially connected to, regardless of the number of other controllers or systems in the room. This bodes well for massive LAN party play or co-op play with multiple controllers on the same system.

Speaking of LAN play, all eight dev kits were connected over the PlayStation Network in real time, which exhibited no lag whatsoever. Part of that could've been due to the massive storage capacity of each system streaming game information in tandem: each dev kit held 80 gigabytes of storage, so the multiplayer match had approximately almost a terabyte of storage synched up over the Network to stream the alpha build and accurately model the multiplayer destruction of Full Auto 2.

Speaking of the PlayStation 3, 2K was very forthcoming during our demo when it came to discussing the benefits of the new system and how it would affect The Darkness. Because of the Blu-ray format, for example, Starbreeze plans to include additional videos that exploit the "television watching" feature which currently consists of the classic "Nosferatu" vampire silent film (in its entirety) and five 30-minute Popeye cartoons.

Additionally, Starbreeze is also looking into taking advantage of the PS3's tilt controller and is considering some possible changes with another feature we can't talk about yet. Xbox 360 fans shouldn't worry about feeling left out with all this talk about PS3 exclusives, though, as other than what's mentioned above, the game should be damn-near identical in every way.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/726/726255p1.html

Okay...I'm watching the latest IGN Weekly, and the PS3 Menu's look really slapped together and pants (though better than the PS2s or Xboxs); it's based along the same lines as the PSP ones (which I'v never used), but it seems over complicated with Settings where it is and all the drop down stuff, instead of being simple like the DS.

Also, Does anyone know if Sony have fixed the shitness of their Sticks?

Sony news

PSP GOES P!NK - In a Unique Collaboration with the Artist P!nk

London, 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the expansion of the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) line-up in Europe with the introduction of a new colour ‘Pink’, in a unique collaboration with the Grammy Award winning and mutli Platinum superstar P!nk.

A limited edition P!nk PSP Value Pack will be available from 27th October 2006 and will include a Pink PSP, with all the necessary accessories – White Headphones with Remote Control, Pouch, Wrist Strap and a 32MB Memory Stick Duo™.

‘The P!nk PSP launch is much more than just launching a new colour. It is about a confident and powerful attitude for young women. The association with P!nk, a worldwide icon and musical chameleon, will enable PSP to push new boundaries.‘ said Stephane Hareau, PSP Senior Brand Manager for SCEE.

“P!nk is a very credible, very hip, and very unique female superstar – one with an appeal that extends well beyond the known pop music universe. She hits the skaters, the gamers, and the rockers alike” said John Fleckenstein, SVP, International, at Zomba Label Group in New York. “The PSP brand commands a ‘cool-factor’ and edginess that makes this partnership a perfect fit. We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to work with the PSP team and to bring P!nk’s music to the brand’s dynamic demographic.”

Reflecting the strong collaboration with P!nk, the Pack will include an exclusive P!nk UMD™ (Universal Media Disc) Video featuring P!nk’s latest and best music videos - Stupid Girls (currently nominated for an MTV Video Music Award), Who Knew and U + Ur Hand, footage of her latest intimate UK showcase, an exclusive interview with the artist preparing for her massive sold out European tour, and exclusive track ‘Crash and Burn’, not available on any P!nk album in Europe.

In addition, more content will be exclusively available to P!nk PSP consumers through downloads on yourpsp.com when registering their PSP. This will include an exclusive P!nk tour video diary across Europe and much more…

“This association is much more than a corporate deal. It is bringing together two great and unique entertainment brands that complement each other both in style and attitude’’. said Marcel Engh, VP Brand Partnerships at Sony BMG Europe in London. ‘’We put a strong focus on developing brand entertainment platforms around our artists’’.

‘’Our collaboration with P!nk will reflect the shared values between the artist, PlayStation and all the young women with freedom, confidence and attitude’’ said Stephane Hareau, PSP Senior Brand Manager for SCEE. ‘’The exclusive and exciting P!nk content made available in this Limited Edition will let young women discover the entertainment potential of PSP beyond gaming. PSP is not exclusively for men, there is a PSP for everyone, and whoever you are, PSP can fit into your life.’’

Since the European launch of the ‘Black’ PSP in September 2005 and the Ceramic White PSP in May 2006, PSP is now in the hands of more than 4.5 million consumers throughout Europe.

P!nk’s current album “I’m Not Dead” has sold over 1.8 million copies around the world and has topped the UK, European, and Australian charts since its release on April 3, 2006. The third single “U and Ur Hand” will be released in the UK/Europe in September.

- ENDS -

P!nk PSP Product Specifications

Product Name

P!nk PSP™(PlayStation®Portable) Value Pack

Colour

Pink

Product Codes

PSP-1003 PK (UK)

PSP-1004 PK (EU)

Release Date

27th October, 2006

Recommended

Retail Price

€229/£169

Included

AC Adaptor

Battery Pack

Memory Stick Duo™ (32MB)

Headphones with Remote Control (White)

Pouch & Wrist Strap (White)

Exclusive P!nk UMD

pinkpspimagein7.jpg

how come HMV have the whole PS3 pre ordering thing going on but not a single word on Wii? maybe they're waiting for the date confirmation?

Work (Game) is the same. They don't know anything so can't do pre-orders (although we're still not doing those on PS3 but waiting to know stock allocation first). I'd guess either details will be announced at Leipzig, or Nintendo will tell them at the annual Game conference in early September (but then maybe not, doubt they would tell just one company). Perhaps they would give them a "window" or 2-3 weeks it could be launched.

On the one hand they want to "enpower" these woman, make what is normally seen as a "boytoy" appealing to women, but then on the other it also presumes every girl likes P!NK.

Maybe I should stop reading feminist theory.

turns out ps3 is not yet in production.Is this normal?Surely they would have started by now

But if they started making them now, there'd be enough to go round. That means no stories on national news about how people are camping out to buy one, how expensive they're going for on the internet, how lucky you have to be to get hold of one, no people with no interest on playing the PS3 buying them anyway to sell on ebay...

Yeah....Also, to go with Knightendo's thing....2M PS3s for launch...pathetic.

Also, Mr. Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raceeeeeeeeerrrr, is really bullshitting in that thing, he's way too cocky; there's no way Sony will hav as large a market share this time around, especially in the same time frame as the PS2...maybe he's just insane.

Yeah....Also, to go with Knightendo's thing....2M PS3s for launch...pathetic.

Also, Mr. Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raceeeeeeeeerrrr, is really bullshitting in that thing, he's way too cocky; there's no way Sony will hav as large a market share this time around, especially in the same time frame as the PS2...maybe he's just insane.

nintendo got cocky and it was their downfall... i can see it happening to sony now too. i mean, with that amount of units, and the fact that it has some severe competition from the already-installed 360, and the brand new Wii which will eat up a lot of the market i'd say (unsurprising that these "analysts" were probably paid by sony in the first place!) and not forgetting the ps3 pricepoint... well, they'll need more than massive crabs to help them outta this one!

oh, and i didn't mention on this, my third attempt (lol) at posting this, that this information was passed on to me by starwaster :)

turns out ps3 is not yet in production.Is this normal?Surely they would have started by now
We don't know if Nintendo Wii is already being assembled as of yet...

Still, there's "some" PS3 parts being manufactured, that's for sure, like Cell's, there's this rumor that they are producing bad yields, so why starting assembling and ordering too much of the other parts when they have a shortage?

Don't count on enough Playstations for launch, that never happened (apart from PSP in US and PSX), not always because there's high demand, but because Sony releases it in very limited amounts.

Don't count on enough Playstations for launch, that never happened (apart from PSP in US and PSX), not always because there's high demand, but because Sony releases it in very limited amounts.

exactly, to create demand and give the false impression. hate that bloody company when you read so much of this stuff about them!

and this whole thing about them being able to work just as well with one cell processor down sounds llike a bad excuse to me for the fact that a lot of them appear to have one faulty cell processor in them already according to... it was either edge or games tm, can't remember. and what happens when another goes down, and because you got a faulty machine in the first place it's now two cells down...?

We don't know if Nintendo Wii is already being assembled as of yet...

Still, there's "some" PS3 parts being manufactured, that's for sure, like Cell's, there's this rumor that they are producing bad yields, so why starting assembling and ordering too much of the other parts when they have a shortage?

I was pretty sure that they said that the Wii had gone into production recently. It was back when we started seeing all those images of Wii casing popping up. Am I wrong?

I was pretty sure that they said that the Wii had gone into production recently. It was back when we started seeing all those images of Wii casing popping up. Am I wrong?

ur right, i do remember something being said, either here or even in the magazines... they've definitely gone into production, i remember my mate andy and i speculating that there were millions of Wii's out there, just waiting, boxed, ready to play... {{{drool}}}