N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

Sony's first party games. I'm playing Ratchet and Clank right now on PS2. Loving it so far. I also liked Jak and Daxter, and beat the first colossus on Shadow of the Colossus. Thats 3 games that will no doubt have another game in the series (SOTC like its after Ico).

Like you said God of War, Tekken, Gran Turismo, and Resistance and Motorstorm will both get sequels. Wipeout is also going to have a new game in the series, which I love so I may have to get that. Actually when you think about it, quite a few.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony's first party games. I'm playing Ratchet and Clank right now on PS2. Loving it so far. I also liked Jak and Daxter, and beat the first colossus on Shadow of the Colossus. Thats 3 games that will no doubt have another game in the series (SOTC like its after Ico).

Like you said God of War, Tekken, Gran Turismo, and Resistance and Motorstorm will both get sequels. Wipeout is also going to have a new game in the series, which I love so I may have to get that. Actually when you think about it, quite a few.

Yeah you're right there are quite a few actually!

Didn't realise Tekken was exclusive, and yeah the next-gen ICO/Shadow of he Colossus should be awesome! Is that series made by Sony then?

Though 360 will have its Jak and Daxter in Banjo Kazooie 3, there are loads of 360 FPS to rival Resistance and Colin McRae DiRT (on 360 and PS3) is kinda like Motorstorm!

I don't really think there's much between the systems at all! I think 360's only advantage is being a cheaper console (if you aren't interested in Blue-ray etc...) and its one year of games.

What exactly are the games you can only play on Playstation 3? Apart from God of War 3 when it arrives!

Sony have lost the exclusive to Grand Theft Auto and Devil May Cry.

Future Final Fantasy's are probably going to be on PS3 and 360 at the same time and it's likely Metal Gear Solid 4 will show up on the 360 at some point!

Konami have said Metal Gear WONT run on the 360.

Oh and White knight Story, Rachet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, God of War, Little Big Panet, Ico etc etc.

Oh and White knight Story, Rachet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, God of War, Little Big Panet, Ico etc etc.

And that's only a select few for the next year. If you say there's no games coming out on the PS3 you're either incredibly ignorant or incredibly blind.

Why won't MGS run on 360, because of the Cell processor or something?

They're bound to be able to get it on 360 surely? Konami would be foolish not to!

Cause the 360 aint got enough power.

And theres also alot of rumors floating about Reisdent Evil 5 being a PS3 Only title.

Oh and add Killzone 2, Jak and Daxter and Home to the list as well :smile:

Resi 5 wont be a PS3 exclusive. Capcom are making all of their games multiformat now, it just wont happen. Also MGS4 might well happen on XBOX 360 but since it's developed with PS3 in mind it might run kinda crappy. Might.

360 > PS3

yeah.

Fanboyism ahoy.

I find it funny you make such an opinion, I take it you consider yourself a hardcore gamer?

Correct me if i'm wrong here please, but being that you don't own a PS3 and have probably never had a go on one, what do you base your opinion on?

Fanboyism ahoy.

I find it funny you make such an opinion, I take it you consider yourself a hardcore gamer?

Correct me if i'm wrong here please, but being that you don't own a PS3 and have probably never had a go on one, what do you base your opinion on?

(Im pretty sure he played Domstercools one...so does have a valid opinion.)

IMO 360 > PS3.

Also IMO a console thats been out for a year should beat a VERY similar console thats only just been released. Although I feel that 360 games future is more appealing to me than PS3s....I just dont feel the passion in the games...which sounds stupid..but like...Gears is awesome...Its almost arcadey- which is sweet! When I look at the upcoming games of PS3 it just doesnt excite me....BUT theres not a lot AT ALL that excites me about 360s too. Guitar Hero 2 does (But obv from PS2 so doesnt count) Banjo....I guess. And of course the GOW sequels. And GTAIV (Also doesnt count)

So thats basically 2 exclusive 360 titles that I anticipate! Not much!

Whereas Wii...I am shitting myself at the prospect of TONNES of games.

Wii > 360 > PS3

Possibly soon...Wii > 360 = PS3

We shall see.

Then neither has the PS3, spec wise they're pretty much on an equal footing.

PS3 is more powerful than the 360. I can see what you mean, but the ps3 does have more power than 360, hence why Motorstorm looks better than most 360 games (apart from MAYBE gears).

God this thread is stupid

Could mgs 4 run on 360? yes

will it? probably

Does the ps3 have good exclusive games?

Ratchet and Clank 5

Warhawk

Resistance: Fall of Man

Naughty Dog game

Metal Gear Solid 4

Killzone 3

Lair

Heavenly Sword

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII Versus

Little big planet

Motorstorm

but remeber guys "PS3 HAS NO GAMES LOLZ!"

The only good exclusive games there are MGS 4 and Warhawk, haven't seen Little Big whats it called, so I can't comment on that. Gave up on FF after 10 cause they suck. Heavenly sword and Lair just don't look like my kinda thing. At the end of the day though, it's a matter of preference. I don't doubt that for people with the right taste theres plenty to look forward to on PS3. For me though, it's Wii60 all the way.

The only good exclusive games there are MGS 4 and Warhawk, haven't seen Little Big whats it called, so I can't comment on that. Gave up on FF after 10 cause they suck. Heavenly sword and Lair just don't look like my kinda thing. At the end of the day though, it's a matter of preference. I don't doubt that for people with the right taste theres plenty to look forward to on PS3. For me though, it's Wii60 all the way.

Ok I can understand the 360 side, but the wii?

I mean really that console isn't exactly brimming with content.

It has about 10 interesting games at the most, exclusive and non exclusives and thats it. At the moment in terms of raw games the ps3 tramples all over it. This may change later this year but right now I don't see anything interesting about it really.

The only good exclusive games there are MGS 4 and Warhawk, haven't seen Little Big whats it called, so I can't comment on that. Gave up on FF after 10 cause they suck.

Bard please give 12 a chance and if you don't like it you can give up on the series forever if you hate it.

I think it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played gameplay-wise.

As for PS3 exclusives I'm not saying there aren't any but It's obvious that Sony don't control the same power they had last gen.

Without Dragon Quest the Playstation doesn't have the same power as it had over Japan as it did before, GTA and DMC gone as exlusives and after seeing the example of the DS destroying the PSP could the same thing happen again?

It has about 10 interesting games at the most, exclusive and non exclusives and thats it. At the moment in terms of raw games the ps3 tramples all over it. This may change later this year but right now I don't see anything interesting about it really.

Well tbh, i'm sure most people (like me) would buy a Wii just for the Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Smash), and then you have games like FF:CC, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil and No More Heroes to keep you playing.

As of now, there's a grand total of 1 interesting game on the Wii. But what I mean is what's coming later this year. Something tells me that my Wii's gonna get more playtime than anything else. Smash Bros online, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Batallion Wars, Umbrella Chronicles. That might not be a ton of games, but that's a shitload of quality right there. There's nothing at all that interests me about the PS3 anywhere near enough to go out and buy one.

Bard please give 12 a chance and if you don't like it you can give up on the series forever if you hate it.

I'll give it a try soon then :). The thing that most captivates me about RPG's are the story and music though.

Well tbh, i'm sure most people (like me) would buy a Wii just for the Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Smash), and then you have games like FF:CC, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil and No More Heroes to keep you playing.

We've all played these games before!

There great and everything but I wish nintendo would make some you know different games.

Warhawk, Resistance: Fall of Man, Naughty Dog game, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Little big planet, Motorstorm are all games that are new ip, I don't see that on a nintendo platform.

And so sony lost dmc (never sold that well, i love it though) and gta (yeah thats big). But they still the better third party support, unlike nintedo they arn't getting the crap version of resident evil 5 and ff.

As of now, there's a grand total of 1 interesting game on the Wii. But what I mean is what's coming later this year. Something tells me that my Wii's gonna get more playtime than anything else. Smash Bros online, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Batallion Wars, Umbrella Chronicles. That might not be a ton of games, but that's a shitload of quality right there. There's nothing at all that interests me about the PS3 anywhere near enough to go out and buy one.

I agree with you on the first four games, i'd add in nights and fire emblem personally as well. But everything else just seems totally not up to standard to me. Espicially with the abomination that is the wii online, I think nintedo really need to ramp up the extra games if the wii isn't to fade away