NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Yeah, just like the PS2 versions. I have been on it quite abit today, stuck on a boss at the moment though.

Has anyone played the Syphon Filter game on the PSP? Im thinking about picking it up after I beat Ratchet and Clank.

Syphon Filter is one of the best PSP games, it's excellent.

Must get back to it actually!

I played Motostorm.

Its like playing Excite Truck with all the fun sucked out of it. Heh heh.

Where is the demo, i can't see it on the store?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Demo? It's not out on the EUR Store, download it from the US/JAP Store.

Well i'm loving that Stardust HD game and Calling All Cars! The ease of downloading those PSONE titles to your PSP is welcoming as well...took nearly all of my 1GB memory card, but it's worth it for Crash Bandicoot!

The PSN Store is picking up, finally.

Been talking to some game shop employees and I've heard that in recent weeks they've been getting more faulty PS3s returned than 360s.

Who'd have thought it.

Probably down to the european build, most people here have import models, right?

Hmm at our store we've only had two back. Could be a London thing I suppose, more people own them.

(that is logic in my head I swear!)

I played Motostorm.

Its like playing Excite Truck with all the fun sucked out of it. Heh heh.

Major flaw in that statement is the fact that Excite Truck isn't fun. At all.

My copy of Motorstorm stopped working, so Im gonna trade it in for a new copy! (it doesnt look scrathced or anything just wont work, maybe it was that update or something??)

Major flaw in that statement is the fact that Excite Truck isn't fun. At all.

It's wrong to tell lies. :heh:

It's wrong to tell lies. :heh:

You throw a starving man a cracker and he's gonna think it's better than sex.

Figure it out.

Figure it out.

It would still be the same game whenever it was released, and it's a damn fun game at that. Still don't understand why you don't like it.

Well I'm thinking about purchasing a PS3 in the near future. I'm mostly going to be using it to simply watch Blu-Ray movies, but is there any games out or games coming out that are PS3 exclusive and are actually really good?

And any general tips or anything that I should know when buying a PS3?

Well theres a few games comming out or it that Im interested in

Ratchet and Clank5

MGS4

Resident Evl : Umbrella Stories

All pretty good really. Blu Ray player is just a good a reason as any to buy one its what I mostly use mine for as well as the PSN

Cant really think of things to say before buying one though apart from if you intened on carrying it home do weights because its HEAVY!

Ask more questions and Ill try helping you out mate

Oh it can do cool stuff linked to a PSP

There cant think now its too warm!!

Well theres a few games comming out or it that Im interested in

Ratchet and Clank5

MGS4

Resident Evl : Umbrella Stories

All pretty good really. Blu Ray player is just a good a reason as any to buy one its what I mostly use mine for as well as the PSN

Cant really think of things to say before buying one though apart from if you intened on carrying it home do weights because its HEAVY!

Oh it can do cool stuff linked to a PSP

There cant think now its too warm!!

You mean Umbrella Chronicles...and that's a Wii exclusive.

*Noted*

I do have a couple more questions actually.

What all comes with the PS3? 60GB version.

And I'm a little confused when it comes to controllers...

What exactly is the difference between a regular wireless PS3 controller and a Sixaxis wireless PS3 controller, and what about that weird Boomerang controller thingy? Was that real or...

And is there any other colors of the PS3 coming out soon?

Figure it out.

Haha! :smile:

Still, Excitetruck to me is great....but i love Motorstorm as well! Could be a little bit faster i suppose, but it's more realistic (obviously), unless any of you have seen a truck fly 50 metres in the air!

So really, i play both for different reasons.

Motorstorm: Graphics, realism, online play and strategic thought!

Excitetruck: Mental, fast-paced, OTT, fun!

Out of the box

PS3

Wireless Controller

Wireless Internet connection

Chrome Finish

HDMI port

4 USB ports

Thats the main things

Those contorller thingys are quite strange as far as I knew Sixaxis was the PS3 controller, maybe they are Sixaxis and dont say or arent, otherwise stick with Sixaxis as its the best for use with games that have the feature. The boomerang controller was a prototype that never made it to devolopment tough a Sixaxis with rumble is on the way.

As for the colours Im sure there are just not right away. It was the same with the PS2 and look how many colours there are now, and even if it were soon itd probably be Japan only.

Any more?

So stick to Sixaxis controllers then.

You mentioned you can do cool stuff with the PSP? What kind of stuff?

I don't have a PSP atm but the new PSP coming out sounds very tempting.

Last 2 questions.

Does the PS3 scratch easily?

And does it get hot like the X360?

Cheers m8!

My copy of Motorstorm stopped working, so Im gonna trade it in for a new copy! (it doesnt look scrathced or anything just wont work, maybe it was that update or something??)

That's normal, you downloaded Time Attack mode before updating the game. Go to Game Data Utility and delete the MotorStorm Update. Then start the Online mode in the game and it will update to the newest version. Then, go to the PlayStation Store and download Time Attack mode again.

Also, I finished both Resistance and MotorStorm.

Marshmellow: Regarding your question about the controllers, there is only one type of controller for the PlayStation 3 and that is called the SIXAXIS. The reason there are two different names on Amazon, is because it's from different sellers. Amazon calls the controller "Sony Playstation 3 Wireless Controller" while the other is from a seller named SkyBox USA (look over the "add to shopping basket" button on the SIXAXIS page).So there you have it. There is only one controller, the sellers simply names them differently.

So stick to Sixaxis controllers then.

You mentioned you can do cool stuff with the PSP? What kind of stuff?

I don't have a PSP atm but the new PSP coming out sounds very tempting.

Last 2 questions.

Does the PS3 scratch easily?

And does it get hot like the X360?

Cheers m8!

Cool stuff on the PSP

Your PS3 can wirelessly stream to your PC so you can view photos, videos and music on your PS3. These can all be streamed to your PSP and using remote play your PS3 can be reached via the internet ANYWHERE in the world. Ive tried it recently and its fucking witchcraft

Selected games from the PSN can be downloaded and played on the PS3 which can be saved onto your PSPs Memory Stick and played there too!

The PSP is a pretty cool gadget anyway with some good games

Im not sure what you mean by scratch easily? The discs need to be taken care of and wont scratch. The casing itself is shiny and nice and unless your gonna drag it down the highway then all itll need is a dusting now and then

The PS3 gets nowhere NEAR as hot as the 360, it has a great cooling system and its really quiet as well, Ive often forgotten the PS3 was on leaving it on overnight or when I went out only to discover it was still running!

Hopefully Ive answered your questions good enough, if not let me know and Ill try again and if youve anymore Ill take a stab at answering them for you!

:)

PS3 is awsome Marshmellow, go get one. Ignore the way people talk about them, ever since the bad E3 they had people just jump down Sony's throat. Trust me though it really is a good console.