NEurope

It highly doubt it was motion. He doesn't do the forum thing anymore...hes hardly even on msn anymore.

Well at least some good came out of his ban then, he got a life outside of the internet :yay:

Maybe we should ban more of you for the sake of humanity? We'd be doing you a favour :p

Er ... thanks?

Sorry, mate, but I was (a) defending myself, and (b) you seem to be a bit "reactionary" when it comes to thread locking.

I may be wrong, but only time shall tell.

Why would you openly say something like that? Moderators have feelings too, you know.

I'm not saying he's a bad mod, I just think he, well, I dunno, he sometimes comes across as someone who locks threads as a reaction, and hands out infractions for jests. I personally think this is not as good as the other moderation, but is by no means bad.

(n.b. This is meant as constructive criticism, and is based on my observations, which may not be wholly representative of how good he actually is - I don't go into that many threads)

Also, please note it was used as a defence - he happened to be the case in point.

I'll stop talking.

I'm fairly sure it was Fields, but we can't be sure.

That never even crossed my mind! However, in hindsight, it seems a highly probable. I got a PM from him (Stalin) saying "I'm insulted" when I suggested he could be UK/THE ganondorf.

Well at least some good came out of his ban then, he got a life outside of the internet :yay:

Maybe we should ban more of you for the sake of humanity? We'd be doing you a favour :p

Never, I'd just cry myself to sleep instead!! :heh:

Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't help humanity if you released most of us onto the streets...especially with us being allergic to sunlight and stuff! :hehe:

That never even crossed my mind! However, in hindsight, it seems a highly probable. I got a PM from him (Stalin) saying "I'm insulted" when I suggested he could be UK/THE ganondorf.

I suggested it a while back... look at the first letter of each word. :wink:

Firstly, italics ensure lovely dramatic stress.

So aye question, is there gonna be a strechable banner? The forums look kinda funny with streched boards, and the banner same size.

Can it not at least be centred?

Considering the header is http://www.n-europe.com/images/pge/header/3.jpg it would look weird headered anyway.

A good stretchable scheme is something thats on the backburner for after I finish work after xmas.

(and is it really that much of a hassle? I have a huge gap on mine and I rarely notice.)

Is it only staff that can run the N-Europe Awards for the year? I noticed one hasn't been started yet and was considering doing it but wanted to know if it was something the staff had to organize or whatnot, no point in me writing up the thread only to be told that someone else had already planned it ._.

I lol at that suggestion now Emasher. Guess that went out the window.

However, arguments are down by 67%.

What ever happened to N-Europe supposedly being family friendly?

It's not that bad. Just because there's a few threads, like the Sexual Intercouse thread and the masturbation thread doesn't mean it's not family friendly. The mods just need to make sure the content of the thread doesn't get to OTT.

IMO you cannot have a family friendly forum about video games as you get threads for games like Manhunt 2, Resident Evil 4, GTA etc.

You can, you just censor those threads and they're content.

What ever happened to N-Europe supposedly being family friendly?

It went out the window. It's been talked about staff side, but we are better off like this than being heavy handed with moderating just so little Johnny's Mummy doesn't get upset by the antics of Mr Rokhead, the Sexuality Thread or various other areas of the forums.

Yeah but younger ones here are always idiots, get flamed and leave anyway. The majority of us are old enough to cope with Rok's pictures, or a thread about wanking.

Arguments are down lately though, i for one stay out of posting in the Wii discussions because i always seem to get in a flame war.

Yeah but younger ones here are always idiots, get flamed and leave anyway. The majority of us are old enough to cope with Rok's pictures, or a thread about wanking.

Arguments are down lately though, i for one stay out of posting in the Wii discussions because i always seem to get in a flame war.

I just seem to stay off NE for the most part.

I seem to be reading more than posting now...

I'm trying to get back into the wii board now. I stopped posting in there much shortly after the wii came out and now I just mostly stay in the tech+creative sections.

I just seem to stay off NE for the most part.

I seem to be reading more than posting now...

Come back to us! :(

Anyway, I'm going to get the awards thread up in a few days. Any suggestions for questions aside from the usual?

I'm being thick, but how do I change the theme, i.e make it different colours or stretchable? (forum theme thing).

How come when clicking on the name of the newest member to join, it tells me I don't have permission to look at it?

I like to see what new person joins. I've noticed this for the last 2 people who joined.

Just wondering.

Yea noticed that aswell, but not like I care much cause most of the new members don't post and if they do I check their profile then.

How come when clicking on the name of the newest member to join, it tells me I don't have permission to look at it?

I like to see what new person joins. I've noticed this for the last 2 people who joined.

Just wondering.

I believe it is down to new members accounts having to be approved by an admin before they become active.