NEurope

Theres six active admins, and 9 mods...

Yeah, but people like Lammie still count. And 6? I only thought there was you, Shorty, Jordan and Platty.

Admins ; Ashley, Jordan, Lammie, Mokong X-C, Platty and Shorty. (6)

Mods ; BlackFox, DiemetriX, Hero-of-Time, McPhee, Moria, Oli1983uk, RedShell and soag. (8)

Question for you guys to mull over:

Are huge 90+ page threads killing Genny Chitty Chatty?

I don't like them myself.

P.S. I still can't ban people. What's that all about?

Question for you guys to mull over:

Are huge 90+ page threads killing Genny Chitty Chatty?

Yes, but everyone takes a hissy fit if we even talk about closing the MPT or other big threads.

Yes, but everyone takes a hissy fit if we even talk about closing the MPT or other big threads.

Just do it and ban anyone that kicks off. Doesn't that sound like a great plan?

Just do it and ban anyone that kicks off. Doesn't that sound like a great plan?

This forum only has 3000 odd members. That mey seem a lot, but visiting seribiiforums.com, they have about 33,000 members on.

I don't see how MPT is "killing" the general board. It's still the biggest board on the forums.

Discussions which should be somewhere else are being put in there, and only get about 2 replies at most until it moves onto something else. Conversations between people which should happen on MSN go in there.

This crops up every now and again, if ye are going to lock it at all, do it now.

Why ban anyone?

They want to post in the MPT and aren't breaking the rules :S are they?

I personally really like the MPT because I can say stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread. You see that the mods or admins just lock little threads that go nowhere, which is why it goes in the MPT thread. If you don't like them why visit them :S

Yeah, but people like Lammie still count. And 6? I only thought there was you, Shorty, Jordan and Platty.

No they don't.

Would you could a broken train as still being useful. If you were at a train station and there was a delay would you say "hey look, that broken down train that hasn't run for years is there!"They all have reasons for being inactive granted, but as far as I see it, six admins, nine mods.

So? Does that mean that those admins will never visit again?

They visit, but more lurk then do much else. Lammie for instance was last active two days ago.

A prime example of the rubbishness of long threads:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14826&page=100

It's more like an IRC channel than a forum thread. It's like the MPT but with loads of masturbation talk. Is any of it following the topic? Has the rest of the thread for the last 99 pages?

The rest of general chit chat suffers because nearly all of the conversation (mostly off-topic) goes on in the massive threads.

Once again, it's very simple Mr Odwin... don't visit the threads that you don't like.

The one you mentioned has been called best on the forum by many and we all enjoy it, same with the Meaningless post topic.

Don't you have some stamp collecting to do?

Once again, it's very simple Mr Odwin... don't visit the threads that you don't like.

That's the thing, big threads suck and almost all the threads there are big threads. If you don't visit those there is no community.

Ok well then it's up to him, visit them or don't join in the community. Don't like our community, yahoo.com is just a URL away

Fair enough saying if you don't like it don't visit it but don't go and try and push away members, particularly people who have been here for the long run.

I love Ashley, alright end fo (Yes, I have had a few to drink and yes the sexuality thread is awesome)

Lock the MPoTD thread. Let us create more thread for the sake of the board.

In fact I'm gonna create one right now.

Ok well then it's up to him, visit them or don't join in the community. Don't like our community, yahoo.com is just a URL away

yahoo.com - what's that? What's a URL? Man, this community of yours is really tricky.

*goes back to stamp collecting - as that is what Mr_Odwin is known for*

yahoo.com - what's that? What's a URL? Man, this community of yours is really tricky.

*goes back to stamp collecting - as that is what Mr_Odwin is known for*

Who's Mr Odwin?

Who's Mr Odwin?

Everyone's favourite forum mormon.

Also a minor character in a Douglas Adams novel I believe. (one of the Dirk Gently ones)