NEurope

Also people aren't going to be making loads of posts in here, unlike playground. And I think the modmins were worried that people may use the playground as a way of getting their post count up.

Also why did we change from groupie's to aficionado's?

Who actually cares about their post count though. :p

People used to in the C-E era. That's why post counts aren't visible unless you go onto somebody's profile.

I think the situation has changed. No-one really cares about post count.

Also Nikos was not spamming :p He may genuinely have seen trolls when he went to Norway and had to tell people!

Ok Nikos has gone from spamming to be able to post videos to just plain spamming. I dont wanna have to log in and see loads of threads with advertising from him in for our Xpert 11 league!

Consider reporting a post, or PMing an online mod/admin about it. We'll generally get on the case as soon as we notice it anyway (as you'll see, I noticed it a few minutes ago!) and we'll deal with the matter as discretely as possible.

What's causing all the 503s and server errors lately? I know it was particularly bad on saturday, but it was intermittent beforehand also. Is it just bad hosting or what?

I think there's an issue with the backup, this site is also especially huge at the minute (something like 20-25GB) which is causing a few processes to break. Restarting apache seems to be a decent temporary fix but I expect the issue could return at any time.

Anyway, I've purchased a month's hosting elsewhere, I'm going to test things out on there and see how viable it is as a new base for us.

Yeah that would be helpful actually. Ash? :heh:

We'd have to hang on to some of the classics though!

Everytime I open a new page on the forum, I get a popup from Firefox informing me that "{snip} is requesting a password and username, reason: Private Area"

What up? Connected to the new host?

Edited by Shorty
:3

No that's a site of mine, on which I host some stuff used by some forum schemes... apparently (I had completely forgotten).

Sorry, trying to fix it but got a crappy connection. Just need to edit the htaccess and it'll stop.

Edit: Should've stopped now? Slightly embarrassed that I caused that :p Some files, images etc might load incorrectly until I move them about.

Edited by Shorty

Any way we can have the maintenance thing from like 4 - 8 AM instead of the normal 1 to whenever AM because I think a lot of people stay up and would like to come on but the forums are always really slow that late.

Plus I get up at 6 to do news (when I'm at work) so 4-8 wouldn't be any good :heh:

Isn't it possible to preserve them in an archive somewhere?

An offline/external archive would be possible, yeah, although who would ever get round to looking at them?

No point archiving them on the server because that wouldn't change anything.

It's like when you want to save all your old text messages on your phone, but you're never going to read them :heh:

Well people could post/thank the first/last post of a thread they want you to spare, and the rest are for the chop.

People will want to keep a lot of threads. Not because they'll ever check it (or at least not with any sort of regularity to justify keeping it) for the mere sake of sentimentality.

People will want to keep a lot of threads. Not because they'll ever check it (or at least not with any sort of regularity to justify keeping it) for the mere sake of sentimentality.

We all live without the Cube-Europe stuff. My vote would be to cull every thread older than a year, or something similarly drastic. I love culling.

Edited by Mr_Odwin