NEurope

I find this very strange, I had it a few times before, today again:

Sometimes, the site gets “hi-jacked” by some sort of spammy online game site. I don’t click anything. It just happens when the site is loading (very slowly in my case, with my crap connection).

Site in question:

http://nl,seafight,bigpoint,com/big/media_seafight_nl_dyna_17?locale=nl&aid=3118&aig=14&aip=2271&ce_cid=008bwNtTYzqJ18ATuq1azmiTDQ000000

Changed the dots since I don't want to “further” their cause. And I guarantee this happens without my input/consent. And only on this site.

Am I the only one? Any idea what’s causing this?

Are we still doing the forum awards this year?

Thanks for volunteering to run them.

Does anyone know why I can't seem to embed youtube clips in my posts?

I just get a white cuboid.

You're doing it wrong!

Specifically you need to only paste in the text after 'v='

So for your video it's G-6w8AWz884&feature=g-all or even just G-6w8AWz884

Aaaah, thanks very much. Doesn't really make sense why you don't paste in the whole URL, but never mind.

It does make sense.

You could embed anything you wanted if we let you put the whole URL.

Heya, 2 little things.

• The HOME link at the top still goes to the forum rather than the main site home page.
  • I'm randomly getting music and averts playing whilst on the forum (guessing last.fm or something). I'm on Chrome on OSX Lion.

Yeah... Am I missing something and being completely thick? Like we've got some weird advertising on the forum now?

Thanks for volunteering to run them.

Would anyone object if I did them? Seeing as no one else can be bothered.

Nobody would object, but please don't start it unless you're 100% sure you will put in the time at the beginning, middle and end for organising and presenting it, because so many people take it on and never let us know what the final result was.

@Jamba, I'm sorry but I can't find anything causing your issue. Could you try to get more info, ie determine the source of the sounds, find any URLs, names, text etc that's involved? Does it definitely only happen on our site? Also can you try clearing your browser's cache? Thanks.

Nobody would object, but please don't start it unless you're 100% sure you will put in the time at the beginning, middle and end for organising and presenting it, because so many people take it on and never let us know what the final result was.

Really? It's not exactly hard surely? Post threads for the nominations, post new threads for the votes, then count the votes.

I'm thinking:

Now-December 25th: Award suggestions

December 25th - Jan 1st: Nominations

Jan 1st - Jan 7th: Voting

I'd need a separate section making and permission to make threads in there (or the assurance that other people wouldn't make any).

I'd suggest you skip the nom stage, it didn't really work out before.

Also don't say "Really?" I think its only been seen through about twice in the last 5 years :heh:

Forums keep redirecting me to some shitty "1Sports.tv" or something similar website. On multiple devices.

That's not a suggestion, and I really don't know what to tell you. Nothing is in the forum files which could cause that, I'm looking through all the source files. On FTP, no core files have changed over the last weeks, months in fact. There's no problems in the database or theme files that I can see. As usual I have to ask, which theme are you using. And can you try changing your theme and see if it stops happening.

Are you just sent to that page, in place of the forums, immediately? Only certain pages? If so which? Does it pop up in a new window or in the current window/tab?

If the problem is on our end (which I'm not entirely convinced of, except that you said 'multiple devices'), then if you can give any more details I'm sure I can find it and put a stop to it.

Edit: I've just realised you weren't sure about the site you were redirected to, so I've been searching for 1Sports but that might not be it, can you make an exact note of it for me please?

Edited by Shorty

@Jamba, I'm sorry but I can't find anything causing your issue. Could you try to get more info, ie determine the source of the sounds, find any URLs, names, text etc that's involved? Does it definitely only happen on our site? Also can you try clearing your browser's cache? Thanks.

So far only happens on your site. I've cleared my cache but now I actually get directed to different sites when I'm navigating around the forum. I'll try and get come URLs if pos.

Just a little worried as I'd rather not discover that I have an improbable Mac virus :-(

UPDATE: @Shorty Right so as Rez mentioned, he's getting this too now. So far, I've been forwarded to the following pages:

http://www.bet365.com/en/

http://www.1sports.tv/

And although it's just a suspicion so far, this only seems to happen when I'm not logged in as my user. From what I can see going on in my status bar, it's linked to all of the google analytics type information that occurs after you load the main page.

Can I suggest as a test that you log out of your user and then reload the main (should take less than 10 tries) and watch your status bar. NB I can only be sure that I've had it happen with the main root page so far, not the index page. The page should load and then a moment later, there should be that extra activity on the status bar and you should be redirected.

I'll keep testing and hopefully I can find out more for you.

Edited by Jamba

That's not a suggestion, and I really don't know what to tell you. Nothing is in the forum files which could cause that, I'm looking through all the source files. On FTP, no core files have changed over the last weeks, months in fact. There's no problems in the database or theme files that I can see. As usual I have to ask, which theme are you using. And can you try changing your theme and see if it stops happening.

Are you just sent to that page, in place of the forums, immediately? Only certain pages? If so which? Does it pop up in a new window or in the current window/tab?

If the problem is on our end (which I'm not entirely convinced of, except that you said 'multiple devices'), then if you can give any more details I'm sure I can find it and put a stop to it.

I've had this happen both on my Mac and on my iPhone.

Edit: I've just realised you weren't sure about the site you were redirected to, so I've been searching for 1Sports but that might not be it, can you make an exact note of it for me please?

Shorty this was the site that I've just been mentioning (in the questions thread). Possible that the forum code might be infected?

Posts moved from suggestions to this thread.

Let me know if it's still happening. Might be some remnant of an old ad company we dropped a while ago playing up. Anyway I made a couple of changes and I don't see the URLs in the status bar anymore.

Edited by Shorty