N-Europe

E3 2006 Hype/Discussion

Atomic Boo

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were really good last year. They had a video of all 3 conferences up afterwards so you could watch it if you missed it. Very good download speeds, loadsn of videos and stuff.
hmmm, but... you could see the conferences live, at the hours they were happening right?
Thanks, I'll check out their Insider information and prices. :) Just a little over a week to go...
I heard you have to subscribe for 3 months or something.

I cant be bothered to read through the whole thread so can someone tell me when the Nintendo press conference is and what time it will be here in the uk. I think im on 2-10 shift so I want to bang a holiday in so I can see the news as it happens.

Thanks

I cant be bothered to read through the whole thread so can someone tell me when the Nintendo press conference is and what time it will be here in the uk. I think im on 2-10 shift so I want to bang a holiday in so I can see the news as it happens.

Thanks

should start at 17:30 GMT, I think

Guest Jordan

Gamespot do live feeds every year, but you have to be a Plus (like me) or a Total Access member.

hmmm, but... you could see the conferences live, at the hours they were happening right? I heard you have to subscribe for 3 months or something.

Yeah, you have to subscribe for 3 months with IGN. It costs £5.10 / 7.42 euros. If I read Moria's comments right, IGN do give you a live feed of the conferences then give you videos you can download and keep after the conferences have finished.

Hopefully I can make it to my PC in time and watch the big unveiling live. :D

7 Days!! oh yeah!

I think Nintendo are going to steal the show.. as they seem to have so much stuff they have kept quiet for so long... just think of all those Wii games they have up there sleves!

I hope your right! 7 little days to go! That wait is over now really!

:yay:

Gamespot only accept Visa, Mastercard and Amex..............so my Switch/Maestro card is useless there, and I'm not sure if I really care that much to sign up to IGN for 4 months.

Last year I swear Nintendo themselves streamed the conference on their website? Unless that was lastyears GDC?

well i am gutted i have to go to college after work on tuesday so wont be home before 9pm and at which time my GF will be there waiting and i will be in big trouble if i decide to have a look so i will have to wait till wednesday when i come on here to find out the gossip.

Is there going to be a special E3 subforum? It would be nice in all the E3 chaos, not having the main thread be spoiled with 'OMG METROID PRIEM # IST SO HOT' topics and stuff like that.

Then we could open all the E3 topics we want without getting locked.

I just can't wait to hear surprise games for all the consoles really! It will be superb!

I wonder what big franchises are going to the DS? Theres been rumours of a Smash Bros game for ages, hope thats true! :yay:

I just can't wait to hear surprise games for all the consoles really! It will be superb!

I wonder what big franchises are going to the DS? Theres been rumours of a Smash Bros game for ages, hope thats true! :yay:

Would be awesome if they showed both a DS version and a Wii version of Smash Bros. Hopefully playable so we can get a hands on report of the games.

So this time next week we will all be in the know about the Wii!

Is there going to be a special E3 subforum? It would be nice in all the E3 chaos, not having the main thread be spoiled with 'OMG METROID PRIEM # IST SO HOT' topics and stuff like that.

Then we could open all the E3 topics we want without getting locked.

I totally agree with this idea. Like it was said it would keep the forums nice and neat and people will know where to go for the latest E3 news.

I don't understand why people are getting so hyped for a SSB on the DS. It would be wildly inferior to the Wii version and can we get this straight the director of the the Wii version has only known about this game for a year. So there is not much chance of seeing 2 versions of it (if it is the same team that would do a DS version).

Nintendo have said they were wrong to launch the Gamecube without a Mario title, so because I believe SSB will be the next big game after the launch games (around 6 months in) I think think Mario 128 (or whatever) will be Nintendo's main game at launch.

Relating all this back to E3, (if I haven't gone too far off a tangent!) I think SSB will be shown behind closed and/or in video form.

I don't understand why people are getting so hyped for a SSB on the DS. It would be wildly inferior to the Wii version and can we get this straight the director of the the Wii version has only known about this game for a year. So there is not much chance of seeing 2 versions of it (if it is the same team that would do a DS version).

Nintendo have said they were wrong to launch the Gamecube without a Mario title, so because I believe SSB will be the next big game after the launch games (around 6 months in) I think think Mario 128 (or whatever) will be Nintendo's main game at launch.

Relating all this back to E3, (if I haven't gone too far off a tangent!) I think SSB will be shown behind closed and/or in video form.

Have you played Jump Superstars on the DS? Its an awesome beat-em up. All they need to do is make it wifi and put Nintendo characters in it and they have got a winner. As for SSB on the Wii I personally think it will be a launch title. The cube version is on of the most bought a loved games on teh machine and a sequel with online play will do great things for Wii.

I'd rather there wasn't SSB DS personally, I just want a bloody awesome massive infinity value Super smash Brothers on the Wii.

And let me just say this, a temporary E3 subforum has been discussed between the staff and is VERY likely to happen :smile:

CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!