NEurope
Atomic Boo

E3 2006 Hype/Discussion

The E3 thread to rule all other dinky little E3 threads:

revo_screen001.jpg

What are you most looking foward to at E3 on May 9th?

I'm awaiting the new franchise, which has a high percentage of being an FPS (iwata said it felt more natural and precise than current gen) and metroid 3 details and screens.

Not too long left now... I cant wait!

It looks like Nintendo has most of the floor space this year. Obviously gonna see big things. (link below)

Theres been quite a buzz just before E3 up to now as well, with the new name change, the red steel and madden details + screens which have both managed to freeze up the forums already! Also the hint of a unique racing title from reggie to round things off. I dread to think how all the game-sites will cope.

viewtopic.php?t=52042&sid=4743b92449156c23cde6d2bfecbce276

nintendo-logo_large.jpeg

But Nintendo has its competitors too. Here are some pictures to put into consideration:

Sony

psp-to-ps3.jpg

17-05%20PS3%20Controller.jpg

(the PS3 controller not finalized, could sony scam nintendo once again?)

Microsoft- probably wont blow us away but there will be big software announcements

Xbox360_small.jpg

marketplace.jpg

This is the E3 everyone will remember. End of.

Ha ha, EVERYTHING! Hands-on impressions mostly and a look of the games in motion!

im looking forward to the sales figures and hopefully the return of that german DJ

I still dream about him.

I want Zelda DS details, Zelda TP details and... well give me some Revolution footage specs and hands on and I'll be happy but I want them to steal the show from Sony, hopefully some surprises in store

Smash Brothers announced for the DS. That game will push the Nintendo WiFi service into uncharted territories.

That and I would love to test my Smash skills around the world.

It just baffles me as to why Nintendo hasn't done it yet. It's absolutly perfect for the system;

1.) It would sell millions in all three territories.

2.) It uses 4 players just like every other DS title.(Online)

3.)It's Nintendo's best selling IP on the Gamecube.

That game would create a DS craze, and in Japan in would reach epic levels.(Even moreso then now with the DSLite and all)

^ They thought of it, but they are probably keeping it "exclusive" for Revolution, it might come later on, after the revo one I think.

If you want to go online with Smash Bros so much you can go online with N64 emulators, I've met some legendary players...

A definitive Revo release date is what I anticipate the most.

Other than that ingame footage of the Revo and a release date for Zelda TP.

Besides the obvious, im realy looking forward to all the DS news, so far we've seen very little or nothing at all of games like Zelda DS, Pokemon and that 2D Metroid game. Im also sure theyll be a few DS suprises, i have no idea what theyll be, but thats what makes them suprises :heh:

Yeah that's a shame. Metroid Fusion still ranks top on my list of best games ever, so Metroid Dread would be an instant-buy for me.

I'm mostly looking forward to Zelda Cube and Zelda DS, because I don't know what to expect from the Revolution. I think it's best to be surprised by it :smile:

^ the 2D metroid was canned

I can remember readin that it got canned, then i can remember reading that a number of gaming magazines still had it listed and that Nintendo wouldnt comment on it, but i guess they did in the end huh :sad:

Ah well, still plenty of DS titles to look forward to :awesome:

Full disclosure of Revolution obviously. I'm really curious of Revolutions graphical abillities.

Hands on impressions of the Revo-games will be very interesting indeed!

It's not so much it got canned as it was never acknowldged by Nintendo. It doesn't mean a 2D Metroid isn't being made though. I suppose they won't anounce it now with Hunters coming out and all.

I'm really looking forward to any more details on the Revolution :) Final name, price, specs, games, release date and more.

i want everything to be revealed. i really do think that ninty will be taking the piss if they leave it any longer. by E3 there will be absolutely no reason to keep anything a secret anymore. so if they say well there is still more to be revealed after E3 then i will be a disgruntled customer.

I am hoping they reveal just enough to satisfy the majority of news-hungry fans, but I hope they still leave some things untold.

I want to have something to discuss and speculate on between E3 and the Revolution launch.

Ill tell ya something else im looking forward to, the E3 awards that turn up around a week after the show has ended, theyre always good for a laugh.

I can just see whats going to happen now;

Best Original Game:

Halo 3

Best Console Game:

Halo 3

Best of Show:

PS3

Best Hardware/Peripheral:

PS3

Nintendo will probably have a total Revolution blow out of information, and win one or two awards :heh:

nah i doubt that, nintendo have the show in their back-pocket

here is a calender i edited on paint so you can keep track on the times (49 days left)

<a href=calendar7da.th.png' alt='calendar7da.th.

Premature but I know what Revolution will do.. and tbh, even if it costs the £300 (yes, i know it wont) but i'd still buy it.

So really.. pricing, names, box art, don't matter to me.

I am only concerned with 1 thing- Games, Miyamoto's new title for a start.. everything else is just a bonus for me. Games for winter DS would be nice too..

I mean.. we know the hardware, we know the infastructure for wifi.. we know almost everything except 1 factor of the system.

i want everything to be revealed. i really do think that ninty will be taking the piss if they leave it any longer. by E3 there will be absolutely no reason to keep anything a secret anymore. so if they say well there is still more to be revealed after E3 then i will be a disgruntled customer.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but recently Reggie said that 'almost' everything will be revealed at E3 about Revo.

i'll get the article later if you really want it.