N-Europe

IGN-Matt hints we'll see Rev games before E3!

hamzik

This sure sounds good if it's true!

"It all started last night at around 10:50pm PST when the Editor-in-Chief of IGN's Revolution Channel, Matt Cassamasina posted a cryptic message in his blog. Needless to say, the IGN forums literally blew up in an attempt to decipher his clue. Today, Mr. Cassamasina has made yet another post, this time in a tucked away corner of the Revolution General boards. From the post:

Hmm. Well, you won't have to wait for E3 for stuff, that much I can guarantee. GDC should be decent. And you'll learn about and even see games prior to E3."

http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=1820

OMG lets break out the enigma machine.

He knows jack all.. I have respect for him but even him, someone with contacts like that can't know things like that..not at leisure to talk about anyway.

Remember that Revolution's final secret IGN post? That went around in circles.. that was him having a laugh on everyone.

I think he's having us on and I have more important things to do with my time than sit around debating whether or not we will find out things before E3. It happens or it wont.. No big deal.

What you're saying is not exactly true, Matt knows a lot more stuff than anyone outside the developers. He knew about Zelda before hand, he had the Revolution image before it was revealed and he definetly knows more than we do.

Yeah, I think theres a decent chance something might actually happen.

The Rev's final secret revealed at GDC and then games revealed and playable at E3....It would make sense wouldn't it

Nah, reveal it at E3, they're in shock..

"By the way, you can play it outside the conference hall at the Nintendo stand later"

It's gonna be more focused on the work of games developpers and at Nintendo software studios.. the hardware will only take an indirect role being a platform for games developpers to express themselves.

I really really doubt we'll get the final secret..

Could Matt be speaking of this:

zelda-details.jpg taken from this weeks issue of ONM, the scan refers to what we will get next week.

Curious is all I can say.

The last couple of things about Dev kits seemed to be quite accurate information but I'm still doubting Matt because not many of his "announcements" turned out to be true and I doubt Nintendo will show off games before E³, they will have a lot more media attention if everything is revealed at E³, however, that doesn't mean that we won't see games of some sort. If developers still use CGI-Intros or sequences Nintendo could very well show these instead of in-game footage and we'd still get a first glimpse at revolution games (but not gameplay).

Could Matt be speaking of this:

zelda-details.jpg taken from this weeks issue of ONM, the scan refers to what we will get next week.

Curious is all I can say.

I presume you mean month and not week. And probably not, because apparently ONM have said that they won't actually be showing new screens, or be having a DVD, next issue as promised.

I wish Reggie would kick Matts ass for me, take his name and write in his stead...

that guy is a graphics whore, I never liked him much, but yeah, he could know something we don't, but just like "he overheard it" he doesn't know the details probably, just scratching the surface.

I'm not getting my hopes up for GDC, but yeah nintendo doesn't want the hype to die they should throw in some details at GDC

I presume you mean month and not week. And probably not, because apparently ONM have said that they won't actually be showing new screens, or be having a DVD, next issue as promised.

ONM? more like FNNM (fake nintendo news magazine).

... ..ok... that was terrible.. I need to get some sleep.

I hear rumblings. Perhaps some of your wishes will come true. Some of the press is getting hyped. Some big info at GDC. Games shown and info made before E3 yes. If rumors about some kind of Nintendo Special event coming in April. Pre-pre E3. Regaurless if it's true or not Nintendo have a huge suprise. Hey maybe even a few. Some who know say Nintendo is on the rise. The DS may not be their only 1st prize. Revolution name revealed at GDC?

I hear rumblings. Perhaps some of your wishes will come true. Some of the press is getting hyped. Some big info at GDC. Games shown and info made before E3 yes. If rumors about some kind of Nintendo Special event coming in April. Pre-pre E3. Regaurless if it's true or not Nintendo have a huge suprise. Hey maybe even a few. Some who know say Nintendo is on the rise. The DS may not be their only 1st prize. Revolution name revealed at GDC?

Very criptic their BigTac, I take it you know something we don't...

Man, I want your job...

Anyone else sick of Nintendo "fans" going crazy over anything new that might show up in the near future because some douchebag on a big gamessite posts an animated picture or writes a whole article while saying nothing concrete?

Anyone else sick of Nintendo "fans" going crazy over anything new that might show up in the near future because some douchebag on a big gamessite posts an animated picture or writes a whole article while saying nothing concrete?

nah I kinda like it

I find it amusing to watch from afar.. but I hate having to do the 'housework' and put them straight when they're clearly misinformed and misinterpretting thing.

If you let them go wild and think what they want then the whole forum just goes out of control.