NEurope
Nintendork

The I.T Crowd

- I didn't even know Smarties made a cereal..?

- They don't.. it's just Smarties in a bowl, with milk.

Being members of an online forum, based on a computer game system I'm gonna go under the assumption many of you enjoy this show..

If you've not seen it you can watch it online here

The shows nearly at an end though to make way for Green Wing :(

What did you think of it? I think it's probably the best British comedy I've seen in ages.. probably since Monkey Dust and Little Britain which is pretty repetitive and watered down these days.

[insert discussion about the state of british comedy here]

I watched if for the first time tonight. (havent gone out as i feel a bit ill) It's alright, not the funniest comedy i seen but it did have me laughing quite a bit. Ill definitely be watching more of this if i get the chance to.

The shows nearly at an end though to make way for Green Wing :(

More than likely it was just comissioned for eight episodes, bought a normal British comedy run. But fret not, its coming back for a second season.

Anywho, watched the first ep episodes and thought it was alright, but been busy/out every Friday since.

Watched Ep 4 and 5 and bits of some the others. It watch funny in parts but made me cringe in others. It all seems a bit amateur, but I suppose thats intentional, with the studio audience and all. Maybe second series will be a bit more proffessional.

I watched one episode the other week, and thought it was very average. Maybe I should give it more of a chance......but I doubt I'll find the time to in the future.

I think it's pretty funny in places, and damn genius in others.

I think the IT crowd is great. Some people don't seem to like it, but it's great to see some fresh new comedy. I can't wait to see the second series myself. To be honest it feels like it's just gotten warmed up so I'm fully expecting the second series to build on it nicely. I would recommend that evryone give it a second try at least - comedy classics like Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses and Red Dwarf were largely ignored in their first seasons afterall. Hell, Red Dwarf was almost totally ignored until about season 5.

"Hello have you tried turning it on and off, have you tried sticking up your arse!"

(Slams phone down - pause)

"Oh. I've just realised that was my mother. Ah well."

I mean c'mon - it's from the guy who wrote Father Ted. You can't say it's not at least vaguely amusing.

Some bits are really good but it does have it's aweful moments, and they'e too frequent.

It would be better if the guy without the glasses could actually act.

Was it the last episode tonight? My TV guide says 'Aunt Irma Visits' is 6/6.

I quite like the IT Crowd - it's a bit daft but funny! And I like My Name is Earl, which follows it, as well.

I was dissapointed in the IT crowd. Hearing that Chris Morris was involved I was expecting something really great and was quite let down. Nothing currently beats Mighty Boosh for the best British comedy IMO

Oh damn I missed it tonight. I wasn't sure about it when I saw the first episode but after watching another I think it's pretty funny. Last weeks had me laughing a lot.

I quite enjoyed the series, looking forward to the second. Didnt channel 4 screw up advertising the program calling it the it crowd instead of the I.T crowd

Dean Learner from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace won it for me, and I've only seen one episode. I'd watch more were I not busy.

I quite enjoyed the series, looking forward to the second. Didnt channel 4 screw up advertising the program calling it the it crowd instead of the I.T crowd

I agree with Twozzock, I presume it was intentional. Because "the it crowd" means the cool kids everyone wants to hang with, whereas these people aren't. Double entendré in my opinion.

I have have watched most of them so far, I find it quite funny, I also like; my name is earl which follows it.

Fantastic, watched it from the start. But it's like Nathan Barley or peep show, too damn short.

Richmond has to be one of the best.

"Try track 5, coffin fodder, it sounds awful but it's really quite beautiful"

Or Moss:

"Mum stop it you're always doing this, you're making it go back in!"

i agree that the mighty boosh is definately the best comedy show on tv at the moment.

i think that the guy who is vince from the mighty boosh has been in a few episodes of the I.T crowd, not the episode that i have seen though.

Fantastic, watched it from the start. But it's like Nathan Barley or peep show, too damn short.

Richmond has to be one of the best.

"Try track 5, coffin fodder, it sounds awful but it's really quite beautiful"

Or Moss:

"Mum stop it you're always doing this, you're making it go back in!"

Nathan barley was great, I hope theres anouther season soon.

search google.. you can download all previous episodes from a lot of sites!

Legally too, before anyone (Odwin) deletes that post :heh:

I was dissapointed in the IT crowd. Hearing that Chris Morris was involved I was expecting something really great and was quite let down. Nothing currently beats Mighty Boosh for the best British comedy IMO

I think Red Dwarf beats it even if it is only shown on UKTVG2

Meh, was ok sometimes, doesnt compete with My Name Is Earl though :D