N-Europe

Whats Your Favourite Disney?

Hero-of-Time

I'm also a fan of Toy Story, and is in fact one of my favourite films ever. I don't know why; there's just something about it that makes it (and it's sequal) almost magical.

Is it cause Joss Whedon co-wrote it? :p But nah its a great film, I think it just reminds us of the simplier days of childhood. I'd class it as a feel good film.

my very very fave disney film (and one of the funniest films ever, cartoon or not) has gotta be the emperor's new groove. shame it didn't seem to get as much publicity as the others. i think adults really love this movie because the humour is so quick, and sarcastic. a superb cast and when i saw it in the cinema i never stopped laughing - was actually sore at one point :D :D :D

lilo & stitch!! aw man, can't believe no one's mentioned it. saw it in the cinema too, didn't really know what to expect having only seen the hilarious teaser trailers (the ones where he invaded other disney movies lol!!! :D) and was blown away at how fast the humour was too!

I've always had a liking for Fantasia. It doesn't get nearly enough appreciation, despite being one of Disney's most innovative works. When you consider it was made as far back as 1940, its visuals are breathtaking. Ranging from the delicate to the explosive, and so surreal and beautiful. An audio-visual masterpiece.

I've always had a liking for Fantasia. It doesn't get nearly enough appreciation, despite being one of Disney's most innovative works. When you consider it was made as far back as 1940, its visuals are breathtaking. Ranging from the delicate to the explosive, and so surreal and beautiful. An audio-visual masterpiece.
Indeed... Fantasia has something magical about it... but it's something magical for older people like us, you really need to be older to apreciate that one in it's full glory...

It's a strange film, for me, diferent from all the others.

Hell yes Fantastia is incredible. I remember I use to watch it over and over when I was young, and when the scary bit came on near the end of it I always use to get really scared and couldn't look lol :wink:

I love that tune so much with the mushrooms dancing...

du, du-du ..du du du du du du-du

I just have to say this line from Aladdin as its top notch.

Guard: HES GOT A SWORD!!!!!!!!

Head Guard: You Idiot, WE ALL HAVE SWORDS!!!

Has me in stiches everytime. I remember when the dvd was getting released and they put a trailer on for it at the cinema. That put came up on the trailer and I was laughing my back off as it had been years since I had seen Aladdin.

Wow, difficult question this... If I have to pick just one that I enjoyed the most over all these years, I think I'd have to go with The Lion King too. However, I really love about every Disney movie, especially the oldies. Haven't been keeping up with the last ones though (only saw Home on the Range, which was okay), like Treasure Planet and Chicken Little and whatnot.

But just, all those old ones like The Rescuers I&II, Sleeping Beauty, Snowwhite, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp... they just all rock so much. I think I'm going to buy all of those on DVD one day to show my kids later (when I have them, in a couple of years maybe).

And oh, I don't think many people know about this movie, but if you want to see something quite different from Disney, check out The Black Cauldron. It's kinda dark and not really what you'd expect of a Disney movie, especially not for it's time (1985). Certainly not a really great or epic movie (it kinda got ignored and just got released again on video a couple of years ago), but worth seeing at least once if you're a Disney fan.

As a kid i loved Chip & Dale rescue rangers!!

But that was a Disney cartoon series not really a Disney a film. I guess something like Dumbo or as many have said Alladin and Lion King and of course the little mermaid! :)

I really enjoyed Robin Hood, Toy Story, the Lion king and Aristocats, but Dumbo is by far the best do far. It's everything a Disney movie SHOULD be, and what the executives who enjoy stripping Disney of any kind of creativity should remember that it was this kind of films that built the corperation. Dumbo has it all - immorial and uncaring society, seperation and substance abuse. All in all, it's actually a pretty dark and even brutal film at times, albeit one with a happy ending. Whole studios, like Studio Ghibli, probably wouldn't be able to do what they do if animated films like Dumbo, Pinnochio and Snow White had not blazed such a trail, one which seems so alien to 21st century Disney. Walt must be spinning in his cryotube.

i second your whole post there. Its all about flash over substance these days.

Also got to give a nod to Peter Pan and Fox and the Hound as some of their best work