N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

(500) Days of Summer

I really liked it. I liked that the plot was fair to the characters, no one was the "baddie" of the relationship, people change in real life, we have to deal with it.

Lovely soundtrack too. Oh, did anything happen before the main titles and "Us"? I came in late, and heard the narrator speak before that. I'm so scared of missing anything.

I love Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap more and more everytime I hear it. Which is tough, as I can exclusively reveal that it's against one of my picks in the MUSIC WARS! And I think I prefer this. But it might just be the "new" effect.

8/10

I love Sweet Disposition too, I just wish I didn't hear it everwhere. I also liked the film, a non-sickening romcom.

I love Sweet Disposition too, I just wish I didn't hear it everwhere. I also liked the film, a non-sickening romcom.

I knew the song was popular, and I'm watching the TV more that X Factor is always on in the living room, and I saw it used on some TV promo, really innapropriately, and I was like "...". Please stop using popular songs badly to try and look cool.

I'll buy it once my Mac has been remajiggled.

My review of 500DoS:

(500) Days Of Summer

The film didn't work for me, because I found Summer really annoying, and not particularly good looking (Autumn at the end was way more stunning me). Also, the film didn't build-up their relationship enough - they meet, talk a bit, have sex, then break-up.

I sorta can relate to the fact he was obsessed with her, and she wasn't, but not enough to compel me to actually be that interested in the film.

The soundtrack was great (Loved how Us by Regina was the main attraction), but it felt like they were just doing a Juno and choosing music that's a bit quirky, for the sake of it. I liked how the plot / his relationship with Summer was based around his music taste, in the same way the way I relate to people via my music taste.

Overall, a good movie, but I kinda hated.

6/10

On reflection, it was better than I felt it was at the time, but ultimately, I still disliked.

Saw

After watching the exciting new trailer, I decided to watch it for the...uh...???th time. I still love.

9/10

I don't know how but I'm trying to write one of those choose your own adventure books in SAW-style. The plot is coming along good so far.

I knew the song was popular, and I'm watching the TV more that X Factor is always on in the living room, and I saw it used on some TV promo, really innapropriately, and I was like "...". Please stop using popular songs badly to try and look cool.

I'll buy it once my Mac has been remajiggled.

Spotify, my dear!

Saw

I burst out laughing when I saw the trailer. As in, another one, surely not. :heh:

Spotify, my dear!

I don't like using Spotify, as it feels really unofficial when you listen to stuff you actively want to own on your iPod. Like it's someone else's iPod.

I'll give albums I have a passing interest in a listen, but, for example, I plan on buying the new Plastic Ono Band album, after hearing some tracks live, so I daren't spoil nyself by listening on Spotify.

Same with that song.

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of Toy Story? I always found it really dull whenever I saw it growing up.

Toy Story 2 was more interesting, because I loved the fact that all the cowboys were kept in their boxes, but left them really readily.

You're no longer allowed to use the internet.

But we'll see it right?

I'll watch I Saw 6 Too Many if you watch Where the Wild Things Are. :)

I imagine it will feature a horse tied to some odd, rusty autoflogging machine at some point. The horse will be long dead, obviously.

See what you've done there. *bows head* :heh:

Bleach: Fade to black (I call your name)

Some top notch animation, and nice soundtrack -used with the recent canon arc-, somewhat balanced battle action compared to the episodes (not as much Ichigo action) Couple of moments where I had to hold back the tears (lol)

best parts:

ichigo ripped out his hollow mask and everyone was like zomgwtf holloooww

renji jumped out from somewhere and attacked ichigo, after his meeting with byakuya (that battle was probably the best in the whole film)

Decent all rounder, nothing really excited me about it. Expecting more from the end - most of the good stuff was near the start of the film, sorta flopped a bit at the end for me.

Mediocre - 7/10

saw 6 lol. they might even beat the friday the 13ths the way they're going.

LOL, maybe. This is, apparently, going to be the last ever SAW movie but there have been internet rumours that it's actually going to go up to 10. Now, as much as I love the Saw movies, that's just taking the piss. The trailers and posters suggest that this is the last movie when they say stuff like 'Jigsaw's plans will finally be understood' and 'everything comes full circle' so maybe they are just rumours...anyway...

Zombieland

Brilliant for any zombie fan. It's funny as well. I would recommend this to anyone!

8.5/10

Friday the 13th (2009)

I've never watched a Jason movie apart from Jason X (which was absolute crap) and this has put me off watching them if all Jason movies are like this. It just got boring really fast and it was seriously too predictable for a slasher movie.

5/10

Halloween (Rob Zombie)

The original was brilliant and I think this remake stepped up to the mark. It didn't rely heavily on gore, it focused on the story. I was pleasantly surprised to find a remake that I like better than the original.

8/10

Friday the 13th (2009)

I've never watched a Jason movie apart from Jason X (which was absolute crap) and this has put me off watching them if all Jason movies are like this. It just got boring really fast and it was seriously too predictable for a slasher movie.

5/10

It's a modern remake, of course it's going to be shit. Go and watch the original.. (then stop)

Halloween (Rob Zombie)

The original was brilliant and I think this remake stepped up to the mark. It didn't rely heavily on gore, it focused on the story. I was pleasantly surprised to find a remake that I like better than the original.

8/10

The Rob Zombie is better than ther original Carpenter version?

You will have to excuse my lack of believing that.

The Rob Zombie is better than ther original Carpenter version?

You will have to excuse my lack of believing that.

I read what I put and realised my mistake. I meant to say a remake I like on the same level as the original but I have to say, in some ways, it is better. Like in the original Halloween, you never saw much of him as a kid but the remake spent a quarter of the movie on his childhood and why he was like the way he was and I loved that about the remake.

But other than that, they're on the same level to me. I enjoy both of them equally.

It's a modern remake, of course it's going to be shit. Go and watch the original.. (then stop)

Not all remakes are shit tbh. Look at Dawn of the Dead, that was brilliant. The Hills Have Eyes was also a great remake. Thir13en ghosts isn't bad either if you don't take it seriously. Also, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was better than the original in my opinion.

With Friday the 13th, I expected more because of the hype Jason got I suppose.

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Not all remakes are shit tbh. Look at Dawn of the Dead, that was brilliant. The Hills Have Eyes was also a great remake. Thir13en ghosts isn't bad either if you don't take it seriously. Also, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was better than the original in my opinion.

I think we watched a different film, the texas chainsaw massacre remake was awful and missed the entire point of the original imo as did Dawn of the Dead (although that was at least watchable). Also the Halloween remake was dreadful, and I even liked Rob Zombies earlier films.

Okay, well I'm about 8 minutes and 43 seconds into High School Musical and I've wished death upon myself only three times.

Hold on, four times now.

Edit: Five.

2nd Edit: Their first lesson lasted less than 100 seconds. What?

Although that would explain why everyone is such pretzel-faced tard.

3rd Edit: The token ethnic person's hair is really annoying me. Does he actually wash it?

This basketball dance scene is pretty.,..gay. Even for this film.

Edited by Daft

To be fair I've never seen said film, but you made me chuckle. One does wonder why you're watching it in the first place! Are you a 14 year old girl or Slaggis? :heh:

I'm watching so I can make myself chuckle with astute comments.

All these basketball scenes are pretty gay.

Edit: Even the ones with the dad.

2nd Edit: Oh right, his dad is the coach. Nepotism much?

3rd Edit: I feel the drama teacher is channelling Meryl Streep...with added void of talent and cat sick glossed back hair.

4th Edit: So let me get this right? The film is about Zac(k) Efron coming out of the drama closet?...

5th Edit: Genuine question, is the popular girl's man bitch meant to be a flaming homosexual or is it just the film's doing?

6th Edit: The bitchy popular girl needs a nose job. How did that thing get past casting?

Edited by Daft