Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I've not seen any of the sequels because I heard they were abysmal and not a touch on the original...have I heard wrong?

The second one I didn't like, the third one is great :)

I mean c'mon BEYONCES SISTER is in it! And Hayden Panettiere :o

Nah I kid. It's a good laugh, not as good as the first of course but give it a watch :)

Fourth ones shit btw. Not just shit. Amazingly shit.

Bring It On

One of the best teen movies ever, along with The Breakfast Club and American Pie. It's funny throughout, and the intro is fantastic. Plus, it has Eliza Dushku in, how could be not be entertaining?

8/10

Its a decent teen movie and I do like it for its complete lack of substance but it is no way in the same category as The Breakfast Club (nor is it technically in the same genre as American Pie :p).

Yeah, I like that it's not as twee as some other teen-flicks, but it's 6/10 at best. It is funny in parts.

My sister and I saw the third one first, and it's funny in the way that you end up laughing at bits that you shouldn't. Like Hayden Panettiereieieirere trying to be gangsta.

Yeah, I like that it's not as twee as some other teen-flicks, but it's 6/10 at best. It is funny in parts.

My sister and I saw the third one first, and it's funny in the way that you end up laughing at bits that you shouldn't. Like Hayden Panettiereieieirere trying to be gangsta.

That's the point.

The whole film takes the piss out of stereotypes, and has a sarcastic overtone to it.

That's the point.

The whole film takes the piss out of stereotypes, and has a sarcastic overtone to it.

Well, In general it wasn't as good a film as the first, and the acting didn't really convey it all very well.

Another thing that bugged me was the use of songs they're meant to be dancing to added in later, so that it looks totally wrong. Their movements are totally random for whatever song they're dancing to. Anyway...

Well, In general it wasn't as good a film as the first, and the acting didn't really convey it all very well.

Another thing that bugged me was the use of songs they're meant to be dancing to added in later, so that it looks totally wrong. Their movements are totally random for whatever song they're dancing to. Anyway...

No definitely not. I agree the first is better. I'm just saying, it's worth a watch :)

Monsters Inc.

The chase scene near the end is still one of the best Pixar sequences ever. And who doens't love Boo? One thing I didn't notice when I first watched it; Boo's voice sounds older. Hmm. And theres that rumoured sequel...

Monsters Inc.

The chase scene near the end is still one of the best Pixar sequences ever. And who doens't love Boo? One thing I didn't notice when I first watched it; Boo's voice sounds older. Hmm. And theres that rumoured sequel...

Rumoured sequel? Didn't Pixar release their film schedule for the next X years or something. There was a Cars 2, but...

Unless you heard something?

Rumoured sequel? Didn't Pixar release their film schedule for the next X years or something. There was a Cars 2, but...

One of the guys at Pixar said they've come up with some ideas for a sequel that could work. That's about it.

For up to 2012, but theres always after.

One of the guys at Pixar said they've come up with some ideas for a sequel that could work. That's about it.

Yeah as Haggis said. News here; http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/docter-hints-at-monsters-inc-2.html

Hellboy II The Golden Army

Just like the first sequels to X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman Begins; Hellboy II takes the foundations of the first and expands on it in every way. Action is louder, effects are more convincing, characters are more interesting and the story is better developed.

Along with Wall-E, The Dark Knight and Indiana Jones (IMO) its one of the better blockbusters of the year. Please everyone should see this, it's worth it alone for the scene where

Abe and Hellboy get drunk and sing a duet of Barry Manilow's 'Can't Smile Without You'.

8/10

Just Cause

Suprisingly decent thriller with a good cast, story and twists. Ed Harris is great in his role here!

6/10

Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith

The last 20minutes or so are pretty good, but the rest of the film is just extremely poor.

4/10

Shrek 2

One of my favourite animated films. No faults here.

10/10

Yep. It's awesome. Great story, brillant animation, fantastic soundtrack, funny and quoteable dialogue.

Think there are a few fans of Shrek 2 on here.

Btw, my other 10/10 animated films are :- Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Wall-E and Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

I completely disagree with you, it's definitely one of Pixar's best, up there with Toy Story.
I don't think anything comes close to Toy Story, though I havn't seen Wall-E yet.

Nemo, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles... they are all good watches, but imo not in the same league.

Yeah, Finding Nemo is amazing. I wasn't that impressed with Monsters Inc. the first time i watched it, but i quite enjoyed it the second time. I've only seen Incredibles once but i didn't think that was too great either. Cars is pretty shocking too.

Wall-E on the other hand is beyond awesome. I cant wait to get it on Blu-Ray :)