Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Honestly? Couldnt disagree with you more. This is a movie with a heart, and Kale is someone I would say most people his age can relate to (Chicks, Gaming, Music, Chilling) etc, and they stick a murderer in there.

Which usually works for me too. :heh:

That's probably why it was so popular in America (made 5 times it's budget back), the characters were so relatable and the whole idea of the story can be imagined without be overly far fetched. (You know what I mean):)

Honestly? Couldnt disagree with you more. This is a movie with a heart, and Kale is someone I would say most people his age can relate to (Chicks, Gaming, Music, Chilling) etc, and they stick a murderer in there.

Which usually works for me too. :heh:

You know, I haven't even seen the movie... but honestly, I don't respect your taste in movies that much. You said Megan Fox was a pro in Transformers, when she was the worst con.

You know, I haven't even seen the movie... but honestly, I don't respect your taste in movies that much. You said Megan Fox was a pro in Transformers, when she was the worst con.

I think you've mistaken me for someone who gives a shit about what you think.

Teehee. :heh:

;)

Edit;/ Also, never said she was "pro"

It wasn't anything about the actress. She was just a cliched, unnecessary character like most of the characters in the movie.

Watched The Boondock Saints

Really good slick and funny vigilante movie.

Feels quite amateurish at the beginning but suits the theme well as two good ol' Irish boys decide to become vigilantes, following the learning process from bar fights to complete professionalism.

William Dafoe completely steals the show as the somewhat eccentric/camp forensic investigator...or at least thats what I think he is supposed to be.

And Billy Connelly...oh man I wasn't ready for that, just fucking awesome.

A boys movie to say the least. Interesting, thought provoking and darkly comic. 9/10

Death Proof

quentin-tarantino-presents-death-proof-20070323053724645-000.jpg

Awesome! I was expecting something decent but this was just so cool, a real visceral experience. This is certainly not a film for everyone, I saw three people walk out. Along with Pulp Fiction its my favorite Tarantino film!

10/10

I thought it was awesome too. The first half is slasher flick, second half comedy.

Shame about no trailers and that though, but when I seen it there was a Q and A with Tarantino and he said there was still a possibility of Grindhouse coming to UK. Still with all the added footage it seems more like a proper film than Grindhouse did. It was awesome aswell because there were femminist protests outside that hadn't happened anywhere else, mainly because the feminists hadn't actually seen the film which is in no way anti-woman. Infact it probably empowers them.

Also...Tarantino is an awesome guy, so down to earth and funny in real life. On Tv I always thought he was pretty fake even though I love his films.

I give it 8/10 it loses some points for focusing way too long on the girls dialog.

I reckon the original Grindhouse would have done well in the UK...especially since 2 films in 1 means I only have to pay to go to the cinema once!

Yeah the girls banter in the first half I thought went on a bit but the second half I thought was a lot sharper and funnier. Also that yellow Mustang was fucking cool. I give it 10 because it was genuinely quite terrifying.

Especially after seeing the car crash in the first half when that woman was on the front of the car in the second half I thought she was going to go flying through some barbed wire fence at any second!

Yea she was amazing and she did all that herself! Nice though that Quentin said he wanted to make it as real as possible. No CGI whatsoever in the film which I can respect, just loads and loads of mashed cars.

Quentin got to keep 2 or 3 of them in the end, lucky dog :P

Yea, it really made a difference that there was no CGI crap. I liked the two references to Kill Bill!

I may just ignore the cinema and get the uncut DVD from the US.

If you can get the original double feature version I would imagine, even though I haven't seen the other film, that it would be even better!

I thought the European version was the uncut one?

The grindhouse double feature loses alot of footage from the final cut.

It has purposely unfinished scenes and missing footage and footage that makes no sense that is shown in the full version to give it the grindhouse feel.

Just so you know watching Death Proof the Grindhouse version feels alot more incomplete than the full version.

Planet Terror was much better than Death Proof. The whole missing scenes thing really doesnt take anything away from it. Infact it makes Death Proof better imo, all it adds is a rather tame lap dance and yet more boring dialogue. But yeah Planet Terror much better no idea why they arent releasing it on its own. Grindhouse as a package the best option though.

I think you've mistaken me for someone who gives a shit about what you think.

Teehee. :heh:

;)

Edit;/ Also, never said she was "pro"

If you had any type of interpretative skill you'd have known it's mutual. And after all, if you don't give a shit, why answer? Then again, I did the same thing. So it seems that we both give a shit, despite what we may say. :smile:

Oh, and yeah... you did. =)

Maybe that wasn't the exact phrasing, but you did. Going back on your word does not fit you well, sir.

Oh, and yeah... you did. =)

Maybe that wasn't the exact phrasing, but you did. Going back on your word does not fit you well, sir.

Find the quote, and Ill gladly admit defeat. :heh:

Man, Im looking forward to Death Proof today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant beleive theres actually a cinema near me showing it too! Amazing.

Mercury Rising

Title is a little misleading, as I was expecting something scientific in the plot. Nice little story about a young boy with autism, who cracks a goverment code, and Bruce Willis (in a very John McClane like role) must protect him from the bad guy's. Didn't understand why Willis' character had to have those flashbacks tho, as there wasn't any character development in the film really.

6/10

I will get it in the most illegal way i can think of for spite:)

Hijacking a plane to the US, going into a store guns blazing while nude and injecting heroin into yourself, raping and murdering any females who work for the store then stealing the DVD and hijacking another plane back to the UK?

Good luck.

Find the quote, and Ill gladly admit defeat. :heh:

Man, Im looking forward to Death Proof today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant beleive theres actually a cinema near me showing it too! Amazing.

Wait, this is a first, are you telling me that Death Proof only hit UK theaters now? If so, I guess this is the first time Portugal acutally has any sort of advantadge.

EDIT:

Found it:

LOL! You're right. Proper reasons ;

- I loved the actors in it. Shia is one of my favourites, Even Stevens had excellent charm to it, to set it aside from n00by TV Kids Comedys like "Ray Strange" or whatever the heck that alien show was. Mind you...I like Drake and Josh...so... Lol.

- I thought the story was excellently (yes) well done considering. Hard core fans complained about the difference in story and more so appearance to the actual cartoon, but I kinda feel they are being a bit naive. All media has moved along with the times to make it feel more realistic, and I thought Transformers was as "realistic" as they could realistically make it, realistically.

- Great comedy. In the funny scenes, timing was great, and I just felt it had a lot of it.

- Good action scene choreography (sp?) Just thought it was pretty pimping, including the majority of these scenes involved things that werent there. It is very difficult to make actual good action scenes from propertys like this. The first one that made me go "Holy shit, that was amazing" was Spider-Man 2. So well done. (When I say this I mean it was the first like...previous fantasy/sci-fi etc property. Obviously stuff like Matrix is teh excellent)

- Nice length. Not too long, but I liked that it was quite long...more bang for yet pound. :heh:

- CGI was obviously teh ball pulsatingly sexy.

- And finally, Megan Fox. (Yeah yeah, I slipped it in) : peace: