NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

This Is England

I must say, I'm very impressed. Bravo.

And may I be the first one to say... finally, an abrasive document wich explains the difference between Skinheads and Boneheads. Maybe the world will finally understand that Skinheads are not racist. All in all, great.

8.5/10

(I absolutelly loved the kid)

Got it for Christmas, and Ill probably watch it this weekend. Going to the cinema three times this week, lol. (Juno, Nat Treasure and Definitely Maybe)

Got it for Christmas, and Ill probably watch it this weekend. Going to the cinema three times this week, lol. (Juno, Nat Treasure and Definitely Maybe)

Juno will most definitely show you a great time.

The Bourne Ultimatum

Missed this at the cinema last summer, but for some reason, it was on again last night.

Exotic locations, car chases, fight scenes, good story = more of the same really, but that's not a bad thing!

9/10

Just watched half of Juno on [generic illeagal streaming website] and really enjoyed it. Going to see it at 4.30 after lectures, wish I'd checked it out at the LFF so I could have bragging rights and say that i'm already over it.

Oh, and fuck. Jason Bateman mentions The Melvins, how awesome is that?

Just watched half of Juno on [generic illeagal streaming website] and really enjoyed it. Going to see it at 4.30 after lectures, wish I'd checked it out at the LFF so I could have bragging rights and say that i'm already over it.

Oh, and fuck. Jason Bateman mentions The Melvins, how awesome is that?

You're not even into the good stuff, he goes on about Sonic Youth, Herschell Gordon Lewis, Dario Argento... it's a treasure chest of unpopular pop-culture references. :yay:

It was just the combination of my memories of The Melvins and my memories of Jason Bateman as Michael Bluth. My brain couldn't comprehend the fact that Michael Bluth might listen to The Melvins, I mean come on, Peter And The Wolf is more his thing.

It was just the combination of my memories of The Melvins and my memories of Jason Bateman as Michael Bluth. My brain couldn't comprehend the fact that Michael Bluth might listen to The Melvins, I mean come on, Peter And The Wolf is more his thing.

So true. : peace:

National Treasure 2 : Book of Secrets

I enjoyed the first very much, but this was pointless. Story was lame and I have no idea why there are so many fine actors in this. Someone must of had blackmailed them to star in this. The carchase in London was pretty good though.

4/10

Has Nic Cage actually made any decent films lately? I still haven't seen Next, Ghost Rider or World Trade Centre.

National Treasure 2 : Book of Secrets

I enjoyed the first very much, but this was pointless. Story was lame and I have no idea why there are so many fine actors in this. Someone must of had blackmailed them to star in this. The carchase in London was pretty good though.

4/10

Has Nic Cage actually made any decent films lately? I still haven't seen Next, Ghost Rider or World Trade Centre.

No... he kinda went shit-only after The Weather Man & Lord Of War.

Juno

Really good. Though I almost walked out when Juno said "Oh by the way I bought another Sonic Youth album, it sucked. It was just noise." Seriously. Diablo Cody deserves a punch in the whom for that. Also the film seemed a teensy bit anti-abortion, which kind of distracted from my enjoyment. Otherwise, Michael Cera was robbed for not being nominated for an Oscar - same goes for Michael... I mean Jason Bateman. They were both fantastic in their roles, and the entire cast was perfectly on note. Music was good, Bateman was a little creepy and the direction was interesting.

And the film shows that even anti-abortion mentalists have a funny bone or two.

6.4/10

(.3 points deducted for not having all of "Anyone Else But You" in it and a further .3 deducted for not featuring "Juno" by Life Without Buildings, which should certainly have been an integral part of the soundtrack.)

My friend assures me that World Trade Centre is easily the very worst film he has ever seen in his life.

My friend assures me that World Trade Centre is easily the very worst film he has ever seen in his life.

He's not too wrong.

Juno

Everyones covered it, so Ill just say

Thundercats are gooooo!!!!!!!!!

:yay::bowdown::yay::bowdown::yay:

9/10

Best heartwarming film ever?

Juno

Everyones covered it, so Ill just say

Thundercats are gooooo!!!!!!!!!

:yay::bowdown::yay::bowdown::yay:

9/10

Best heartwarming film ever?

Hell yes. Sad to admit I had a tear in my at the end. It made me feel so good :)

Hell yes. Sad to admit I had a tear in my at the end. It made me feel so good :)

Aye, I was on verge at the baby bit towards the end.

Sweeney Todd

Great movie, awesome performances (Depp has a nice voice :P), although the plot was predictable. It was clear that the people in the movies were expecting PoC 7 and not a musical.

Sweeney Todd: Absolutely loved it!

Only parts of the movie i felt were iffy

was when Depp was singing high tones, his voice didn´t change much when he went from low to high tones which annoyed me a little.

It was clear that the people in the movies were expecting PoC 7 and not a musical.

Thank you for saying that. When I went to see it, it was full of kids crying. :heh:

Irréversible

It was incredibly disturbing, the rape scene was awful. It was really strange seeing everything in reverse chronological order too, but it worked. The constant spinning of the camera in parts ruined it to an extent, I know it was probably to make it seem more frantic, like the scene in the club, but it just made me feel Dizzy.

8/10

10 Things I Hate About You

Such a fun movie, and a great spin on the taming of the shrew. JUst really enjoyable to watch, and some great lines. It's nice it doesn't resort to random nudity like most teen movies end up doing.

8/10

Could it get more homo-erotic? It tries to be manly, but fails completely. Yes, it looked amazing, but thats it. It's basically "Rwar! Look, I'm almost naked and have a weapon! How manly am I?".

3.9/10

Could it get more homo-erotic? It tries to be manly, but fails completely. Yes, it looked amazing, but thats it. It's basically "Rwar! Look, I'm almost naked and have a weapon! How manly am I?".

3.9/10

Lol, pretty much. But it's a good action flick. :smile:

Demolition Man

Alright, this isn't a brilliant film by all means, but it's still pretty good. Plus it takes me back to days of yore. (aka the 1990's)

7/10