NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Didn't like the way the Last King of Scotland turned out, I found the last third too heavy going.

Up until then I really liked the film and seeing the locations etc... but I'm also not much of a McAvoy fan [this and Wanted] and I wouldn't really want to watch it again.

Deathrace however obviously isn't mind blowing, but it is what it is and was overall a good watch, cool premise and loads of racing! and it is something I would watch again.

it was about a despotic madman who butchered his people in their thousands. I'm not sure you should really call that a fault in a film like that!

Outpost

Meh. A bit generic but ok none the less. Imagine Wolfenstein in movie form.

6.5/10

I Want To Live!

Jesus. That was brilliant. I've never really seen an "old" film that really cried out "I'm brilliant" at me before. I picked this up as it was cheap and I saw Susan Hayward won the best actress for it, so I thought it'd be worth a watch.

It left me a wreck. Injustice combined with the concept of impending death = affecting to me. It reminded me a lot of Dancer In The Dark. Similar feelings of utter desolation present.

Susan Hayward was magnificent. I was riveted.

Wow/10

Not sure what to rate it? Possibly 10. Actually yeah. 10/10

It's beyond wonderful! This has got to be one of the top 5 compositions ever commited to film:

I have found myself leaving it on the DVD menu screen just to listen to that first song. (Natsuzora) :smile:

No. No. No. No.

No.

:mad:

I agree.

You always mark Spinal Tap as being 11/10. Not 5/10. Foolish! :nono:

You always mark Spinal Tap as being 11/10. Not 5/10. Foolish! :nono:

Why?

I discovered the quality handlebar 'stache bloke is the voice of Smithers, which gives him even more pr0 respect as I liked him best out of the band.

Trainspotting

Just a great film, everyone should watch it.

9/10

Beverly Hills Cop

The one that began the "trilogy". Starring Eddie Murphy. Good story to it, complete with the classic humour that can only be found here. 10/10

Bad Education - by Pedro Almodovar

8/10. Very very good. If you can stand subtitled films I recommend it.

Why?

Well, it's one louder, isn't it?

You're up to ten on your shabbas. Where can you go from there?

Nowhere, exactly. So, if you need that little push. Crank it up to 11!

These go to 11.

I want to know why it isn't 5.

"crank it up to 11" is a line from the film.

*sighs*

Blade Runner

Better than I remembered it. Not massively action packed but a good story I reckon.

7.5/10

*sighs*

I want to know why it should go anywhere beyond 7.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

(I really have nothing to add.)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

lmaoew2.jpg

:blank:

Blade Runner

Better than I remembered it. Not massively action packed but a good story I reckon.

7.5/10

One of my favourite films.

Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown

This was great! Pedro Almodovar can do no wrong it seems.

A very funny and entertaining farce, with genuine drama. I loved how most of the people in it were varying degrees of ugly.

But yeah, great. Almodovar has some really good female roles in his films (which seem to focus on women for the most part IIRC).

GREAT

*sighs*

I remember that bit now... One of the few decent moments :sad:

The Big Lebowski

One of my favourite films. Still just as good as I remember. Not massively groundbreaking in any way, it just works really well. 2 notable moments: "No one fucks with the Jesus" and the mug. Awesome.

8.5/10

He fixes the cable?

Just saw Sweeney Todd.. and it was a bit more dark than I had expected, and the singing does tend to get a bit long winded.. 8/10 i would say

Charlie's Angels

I always enjoyed this film. My sister and I have seen it so many times, as it was one of the only DVD's we had when we first got a DVD player.

It's pretty good yeah.

I'm undecided if I love it, or just enjoyed it. I liked Angelina Jolie, she was good. I love Winona, but can't remember how good she was in it. I think I might subconciously be comparing it to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, beside which it looks shit.

Ah cool I really enjoyed both peformances. I have not seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest either so I didn't have anything to compare it to! :)

Charlie's Angels

I always enjoyed this film. My sister and I have seen it so many times, as it was one of the only DVD's we had when we first got a DVD player.

One of my favourite movies. It is too fun! :p