NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Hotel Rwanda

It was good, and sad.

It could have been made more horrific and stuff to really drive home the point, but it was already horrible enough.

Sophie Okonedo's face is so endearing.

My favourite film I've never seen.

the-lovely-bones-poster.jpg

The Lovely Bones

I liked it. Weird but wonderful and the visuals were beautiful.

7.5/10

The Lovely Bones is Spicy! :heart:

I like ths song that was in it. :)

I watched:

Up in the Air: Spoilers ahead or whatever.

Nicely done, good movie. The whole thing had a different but much better tone to it. I liked the whole firing aspect to it and I feel the characters were all solid and George Clooney was excellent. The comedy aspect was subtle but I felt they forgot about that for the last part. I like how it doesn't all end up "happy" so for once I got my darkness. Even though it came about in an obvious "Oh I have a husband and kids we can't be together way" I let it go. :D

8/10

Alice-In-Wonderland-Poster1.jpg

Alice in Wonderland

I'm a fan of Tim Burton and his work and Alice in Wonderland didn't really disappoint for me. I liked the whole 'dark' tone of the movie.

7/10

shutter-island-poster-560x843.jpg

I really enjoyed this, not really the film I was expecting. Yeah, I figured out most of the twist within the first four and a half minutes but there was still a kick to it in the end.

8/10

that tagline cracks me up

"someone is missing"

riiight ok

I'm a fan of Tim Burton and his work and Alice in Wonderland didn't really disappoint for me. I liked the whole 'dark' tone of the movie.

7/10

See I don't think it was very dark at all. I would have liked it more if it wasn't stuck in the grey limbo that made it so boring. If you're going to darken something, go the whole hog. American McGee did it right.

that tagline cracks me up

"someone is missing"

riiight ok

Yeah, I think they changed it on the newer posters.

See I don't think it was very dark at all. I would have liked it more if it wasn't stuck in the grey limbo that made it so boring. If you're going to darken something, go the whole hog. American McGee did it right.

I know it's not dark but I couldn't really explain what I meant. I suppose 'gloomy' comes to mind. Still, it was entertaining and I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than the cartoon AIW.

Adaptation

Just brilliant. So cleverly written. Too cleverly written. Motivates thought.

I hate Nicholas Cage, but he was watchable in this.

Just too many valid points raised. The scene with the insects making love to the flowers holds me soso deep under.

9.4/10

Chris Cooper and Meryl Streep weigh my pockets down with candy.

Alice In Wonderland

Bland. There was nothing remarkable about this whatsoever. I hated the way they made Wonderland look, it came across so half-arsed. It might have looked technically brilliant, bit it was completely soulless. Alice was immediately annoying, and the film was completely wasted on Anne Hatheway.

Shutter Island

Loved this. The twist was mostly obvious after the first few minutes apart from a couple of minor details, but that didn't matter. It was completely gripping throughout, and I loved the ending. I still can't decide if I like Decaprio as an actor though.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

"I'm pregnant".

fantastic_mr_fox.jpg

The single greatest thing I've ever seen.

10/10

Hurt Locker was a good film - If it doesn't explain itself then simply it's because it relies on a contextual understanding of what's going on from real-life media. I think the film was very intense, which always makes for good watching - and while each character felt like it was ripped straight from another movie (James Dean! Rebel without a cause!), it was enjoyable and worthy of the Ox-car.

Precious -- I watched this one high, so the Lynch/arnofsky-esque escapist fantasies hit me with humour (and the red-carpet one near the beginning with great irony). Aside from that, and the general "this is the first hardore film for girls I've ever seen) feeling (I mean the portrayal of the men in the film - and white people for that matter... you could write books on the stuff).

The editing was so clever too - I kept losing track of what was going on, in a way that felt intentional -- except there was just one scene which really threw me, which felt out of place even if it was a fantasy, which I can't work out -- the spellingbee bit? I think it was a fantasy because of the colour yellow but it was less obvious than other scenes...

Inglorious Basterds! Finally gotten around to watching it -- well, I'm half-way at least. Got to about 3am and I had a long way to go - but I, too, feel like this is tarantino at his best again. Each 'chapter' does a trick or two. I guess the only complaint one could have is that you could see his over-awareness of it being a movie, while seemingly his trademark now, does rather seem to be just a celver way to hide his inability to flow from one act to another... I don't know. I like it as it is.

Black Dynamite

black_dynamite_ver3.jpg

Having just broken into the White House ("Honky House"), Black Dynamite confronts Richard Nixon. Nixon promptly reaches for the presidential nunchucks (complete with presidential logos on the handles). After a bit of a nunchuck melee, both Black Dynamite and Nixon drop their nunchucks and start fighting with broken plates. Enter the first lady, who shoots the plate Black Dynamite is holding, telling him to "Take your filthy black hands off the presidential dinnerware, you moon-cricket!" . Black Dynamite proceeds to punch the first lady into the china cabinet. Nixon reaches for the presidential flintlock piston, only for the ghost of Abraham Lincoln to judo chop the gun out of his hand. After giving Nixon an ass whoopin, he apologises to the first lady: "First Lady, I'm sorry I pimp slapped you into that china cabinet."

Best end fight EVER.

"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!"/10

Edited by Goafer

I Love You, Philip Morris

Quite amusing and nice overall. I liked Carey in this, his zaniness was only slightly present and it worked in the context.

I just hated how

Great he was at escaping prison, and yet he never bothered to even try and escape properly out of the country or into hiding or whatever.

Black Dynamite

Having just broken into the White House ("Honky House"), Black Dynamite confronts Richard Nixon. Nixon promptly reaches for the presidential nunchucks (complete with presidential logos on the handles). After a bit of a nunchuck melee, both Black Dynamite and Nixon drop their nunchucks and start fighting with broken plates. Enter the first lady, who shoots the plate Black Dynamite is holding, telling him to "Take your filthy black hands off the presidential dinnerware, you moon-cricket!" . Black Dynamite proceeds to punch the first lady into the china cabinet. Nixon reaches for the presidential flintlock piston, only for the ghost of Abraham Lincoln to judo chop the gun out of his hand. After giving Nixon an ass whoopin, he apologises to the first lady: "First Lady, I'm sorry I pimp slapped you into that china cabinet."

Best end fight EVER.

"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!"/10

Pff. Its all about Dolemite motherfucker.

And of course,

Black Dynamite

black_dynamite_ver3.jpg

Best end fight EVER.

Dude, where did you watch this??!! I can't find it anywhere and I need to see it soo bad. (even if it's online on some dodgy site)

Dude, where did you watch this??!! I can't find it anywhere and I need to see it soo bad. (even if it's online on some dodgy site)

It's import only as far as I know. And the Bluray is region locked. Your best bet it to import the DVD if you have a region free DVD player. I've seen the DVD on Amazon US.

Otherwise, it's "other" methods I'm afraid.

Sex Drive

T'was ok. Not as amazing as some people on here have been praising it. A handful of good moments, but the characters weren't as memorable as the one's from the Apatow directed or produced genre flicks we've had in the last few years.

5/10

The Wrestler

Loved it. Felt very sad and depressed for 'The Ram' often and the sudden ending worked for me. A classic modern character film.

9/10

Sex Drive

T'was ok. Not as amazing as some people on here have been praising it. A handful of good moments, but the characters weren't as memorable as the one's from the Apatow directed or produced genre flicks we've had in the last few years.

5/10

Outrageous claims.

The Wrestler

Loved it. Felt very sad and depressed for 'The Ram' often and the sudden ending worked for me. A classic modern character film.

9/10

Agreed.

The Lovely Bones

I haven't read it, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I actually quite enjoyed it...it was interestingly/beautifully shot, and I personally liked the "limbo" bits.

It was all over the place tonally, but at least it was effective in what it tried to do. It was really tense, or beautifully uplifting etc etc.

It wasn't perfect though, and the actual effects of the main event of the film on the family could have been looked at with more realism/in more depth.