NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

My Neighbour Totoro

Something I've seen numerous times before, as I'm sure others have, but the animation during the bus stop scene really struck me;

The way the nose responds to the rain and his wide range of expressions with a limited face. Brilliant stuff.

And also the scene at the end of that clip with the letter. In the original she likens Mei waiting for the trees to sprout to a crap and draws a picture, but then in the dubbed it just says "Mei is waiting for the trees to sprout. He's Mei as a crab." Weird choice in making that seem random.

What a ridiculous film.

Visually it is sexual, I was aroused throughout the movie. The story was predictable from the beginning and the whole thing took itself way too seriously. It tried to make itself emotional but I wasn't really bothered if any of the characters died or not. I loved the creatures in this movie. :D I liked the winged beast things as well, to bad there wasn't more creatures like them. The Navi where much better than I thought even though they have a kind of boring/basic design about them I like how their hair can connect up with the animals, that was a good touch. Didn't care for them being like an african tribe etc. Not al natives with spears need to be expressed in that manner!

For a large scale movie I left feeling pretty empty. The story didn't go anywhere and was chock full of bad dialogue. "I AM THE BADDEST CAT IN THE SKY!" being the most humourous. I laughed out loud on several occasions as Avatar had so many unintentionally hilarious scenes.

All in all the last hour is fun and the whole things up a bit but it is quite a cheeky film.

6/10

Sherlock Holmes

Robert Downey Jr was on great form, but Jude Law didn't impress me as Watson, thus proves yet again he's just a pretty face for the ladies. The odd funny moment and 2 good-ish set-pieces, but I was bored throughout mostly, as were the rest of the audience who seemed more intrested in their phones than the big screen.

As goafer said a few posts back, "meh...."

Sherlock Holmes

Robert Downey Jr was on great form, but Jude Law didn't impress me as Watson, thus proves yet again he's just a pretty face for the ladies. The odd funny moment and 2 good-ish set-pieces, but I was bored throughout mostly, as were the rest of the audience who seemed more intrested in their phones than the big screen.

As goafer said a few posts back, "meh...."

I wouldn't mind seeing this, but from what you've said it doesn't seem too good.

She looks like ET no matter what film she's in. I find ET quite stunning though.

Kill Bill Volumes 1+2

First time watching these in Blu-Ray, and oh my good lord.

The movies look STUNNING, seriously, probably the most gorgeous films I have seen on Blu-Ray (if you don't agree tell me what to watch dammit!).

Anyway, back to the movies itself. I forgot how bloody good these are, I could watch over and over and over, I love how incredibly hilarious some scenes are, for example when the little girl gets off the bus and is walking to the front door, AMAZING.

Has to be one (two?) of my favourite films ever :love:

10/10

Last night I watched...

Rec

Good/10

At points it was a little bit obvious what was going to happen... oh look... he's standing near a glass door... oh look, it's dark and suddenly a light is going to be turned on, I wonder what will be standing in front of him...

The Great Debaters

Awesome/10

I love these sort of films. They're a bit obvious, etc... and I've just complained about that. But for these types of films I'm okay with that.

12 Angry Men

Double plus good/10

Brilliant film.

I'd like to think I would be the good man.

billy-elliot-DVDcover.jpg

Billy Elliot

Nothing was on the telly so I decided to watch this on BBC Three and I'm glad I did. It's fantastic, absolutely loved it. How did I not watch this before? How did I miss this?

10/10

Kramer Vs. Kramer

I expected way better. Having Meryl Streep like screaming on the front and various "OSCAR FOR X" on the front etc. The two mains (Dustin Hoffman and Meryl) were both good, and it was..fine. But left me with so little and really uninterestingly filmed/directed. One of those emotion manipulating ones. Eh. Not bad or anything.

Haunting in Connecticut

Shite. It's even hard to say the title.

4/10

The Hangover

Good. Numerous funny moments, generally enjoyable. Fat guy was actually amusing. The Chinese dude wasn't though, because he tried to abuse his ethnicity too much in order to appear humorous.

8/10

Kramer Vs. Kramer

I expected way better. Having Meryl Streep like screaming on the front and various "OSCAR FOR X" on the front etc. The two mains (Dustin Hoffman and Meryl) were both good, and it was..fine. But left me with so little and really uninterestingly filmed/directed. One of those emotion manipulating ones. Eh. Not bad or anything.

Yup. Most disappointing oscar win in the last 30 years along with Chicago and Slumdog.

The Hangover

Good. Numerous funny moments, generally enjoyable. Fat guy was actually amusing. The Chinese dude wasn't though, because he tried to abuse his ethnicity too much in order to appear humorous.

8/10

I don't think I've ever found him funny in anything I've seen him in.

I didn't realise it was the same person in all films that star that kind of cheap laugh character. They all look the same.

The Hangover

8/10

Racist.

He's Korean-American. :o:heh:

Ghostbusters on Bluray

I remember ReZ ranting about how ace it was. It's still Ghostbusters, so by default it's ace, but Bluray was really wasted. All I saw was horrible pixellation, especially on the darker scenes. It's not like it was the TV either like in some cases, it was like someone had put a TV Static filter over the top of it.

Film: 9/10

Bluray: 2/10

Watched Avatar. It was alright. But the 3D didn't work particularly well - kept looking blurry / generally dodgy and really not visually pleasing. Which is a shame what with that being the whole point of the film. Also the cinema's copy kept cutting out which was irritating. And the plot was generic as. And the characters were ridiculous caricatures. Owell at least it was quite good fun.

6 / 10

final-destination-poster.jpg

The Final Destination in 3D

It's much better when it's 3D than it is in 2D. I watched it in 2D and I thought it weren't bad but in 3D it's much better. Funnily enough, after watching it in 3D, I only started thinking it was the weakest in the series but the 3D paid off well and wasn't overused.

3D effects: 8/10

Movie itself: 6/10

My God. You gave that a 6? Hell I LOVE the series and thought it was abysmal. I'd rather sit through an eternity of Tom Welling internal monologue than see that shit again.

My God. You gave that a 6? Hell I LOVE the series and thought it was abysmal. I'd rather sit through an eternity of Tom Welling internal monologue than see that shit again.

It would have been a 4 but the lead girl in it was quite hot so it's a 6 :D

Bruno

Short and a little underwhelming. Funny in places, but not great. Not nearly in the same league as Borat and Ali G.

6/10

Seriously, what earned it those 4 points?! :heh:

Mostly the death scenes and the bad acting which was a laugh to watch (the escalator part is a massive example to this) :heh: