Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Yeah. Ledger's performance is outstanding. Easily the best portrayal of a character by an actor i've ever seen.

Maybe not the best, but surely one of the best.

EDIT:

Ondskan (Evil):

A solid 8/10. Good movie.

American Splendor:

Hmm... yes, I like it. Gotta read the comics, though.

7/10.

Yeah. Ledger's performance is outstanding. Easily the best portrayal of a character by an actor i've ever seen.

Agreed. His performace in the movie is outstanding. Was he nominated for a best actor oscar?

I thought Gyllenhaal was pretty fantastic too. I get really annoyed now when people won't watch it just because it's the "gay cowboy movie", I mean, it's just so much more than that.

Though i've never seen BBM, and really should, it would have to be pretty amazing to beat Crash.

Thats what I thought when I went to watch it, I thought crash was excellent. But this BBM blows it out of the water.

--

Bratz the movie

lol.

1/10

(The teacher made us watch it in Sociology)

Am I not allowed to like a good film?

You're allowed to like it, hell, I love it... it's just that the reason you chose to give it an 8.5, low replay value, is absolutely ludicrous. Everyone figured out how he was going to get out of prison before we were shown... it's how he handles the situation spiritually that is the story's greatness...

It deserves a 10, and you know it.

Jordan, I'm simply pointing out something stupid, not flaming him. I totally agree with him, except for one detail.

And triforce... I'll take you seriously when you stop being such a lamer. Go buy some good taste.

EDIT:

What if I prioritise books over films? In most cases, I'd much rather read a book again than rewatch a film.

Ah well, but Shawshank is one of those few cases in wich the film is highly superior to the source material. But hey, it's all fair, I love a good book myself.