N-Europe

Adverts That Blow 2006

EEVILMURRAY

The problem with that is that adverts seem to start at exactly the same time on most channels.

Most irritating advert at the moment for me is the one with a wedding, the priest says 'speak now or forever hold your peace' and then a car appears outside the church and the bride drives off. The only way I cope with it is to imagine that peace means penis and then giggling.

Hahaha, yeah, that advert was so annoying. The only thing that made it alright was the smile I got from imagining everyone holding their crotches and things; hahaha!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you on the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter ad there Rokhed!

And while we're are on the subject is there anyone who CAN'T tell the difference between I Can't Believe and real butter? I mean they taste totally different, which is why I have the former - tastes much nicer!

I disagree, I've only seen that John Culshaw/Ozzie Osbourne advert once but enjoyed it. As for not telling the difference I was living a life thinking that buttery taste [unknown of the title] Flora was actually butter, but imagine my shock when I discovered Flora was margerine

Just got reminded of an advert that does my head in when it came on TV: the Nutrigrain one with Jimmy Carr.

"Tell 'em about the pixies, Nan!"

"THEY COME OUT THE FACTORY AT NIGHT WITH THE BELLS. COME ON BABE, SAY PIXIE"

And then Jimmy Carr's stupid smug voice says something shit like "Nutrigrain bars are wheat, oats and fruit tranformed into delicious yummyness!"

This'd all be great if Nutrigrain bars didn't taste like something I pulled out of the toilet.

Can I work from home for a qualification? ICS you can.

Yes, it is a mildly witty slogan, but when it's crammed 6 times into one ad it does begin to lose its appeal.

Then there's this ad:

"Life is full of annoying little things, don't let diarrhea be one of them"

It doesn't irritate me as such, I just wonder where the womans career as an actress will go now.

The Felix As Good As It Looks ad. Firstly the woman wouldn't start fisting the product that much, maybe she's a really bored housewife. Who knows. But the fact that the food looks nothing like what's being shown pisses me off, as a cat owner. The stuff does look different, flaky indeed. But the pieces are far smaller than the advert would have you believe and covered in the jellyish stuff most cat foods are.

Good advert time. "Oooh yes it's me again!" Barry Scott deserves a knighthood.

No cat food looks good, therefore the felix cat food actually tastes like dog shite+pork pie jelly.

Oh god i HATE the InjuryLawyers4u ad. With the lie detector and the worst joke at the end

"Nice Tie" *lie detector goes bezerk*

It's even worse whent here are so many lawyer ads, VERY similar

However, you just admited to watching it otherwise you wouldn't have seen the ad :p

Well after the Simpsons there is nothing on TV/radio until 7pm, Channel 4 news or Zane Lowe's radio show.. so I just tend to put up with hollyoaks, I'm no chav though.

Loving the Winton Marsais advert for iTunes.. always wanted to be into jazz, much better than that joke of an eminem advert.

No cat food looks good, therefore the felix cat food actually tastes like dog shite+pork pie jelly.

Oh god i HATE the InjuryLawyers4u ad. With the lie detector and the worst joke at the end

"Nice Tie" *lie detector goes bezerk*

It's even worse whent here are so many lawyer ads, VERY similar

Also, they've disconnected him from the machine by the time he says that..

"This isn't just a salad.... it's a freshly prepared, high qaulity Marks & Spencers salad."

*Bangs. Head. Off. Keyboard.* Those adverts irritate the hell out of me, they're just too damn' repetitive!!

On a side-note though there are still good ads out there. The British Eggs adverts are always funny!

Marks and spencer: This isn't just beef, this is farm-assured, quality prime lean matured red tender spiced beef with beef gravy and sliced potatoes drizzled with fresh green peas.

Tesco: This is steak, chip and mushy peas with gravy *ting* £2.00

I like the *ting* noise...

I'd have to say Diamond was even more annoying. Joe Scully and the Aussie influence wins it for me. Plus in Diamond you have that woman saying "that means I can get to spend my money on the things I really want" as she puts on a disgusting beanie hat.

The worst one was where there were the three women in the cafe and one was asking about the other two's car insurance companies. And the two women were saying things about them then at the end... :shudders:

"Diamond"

"Diamond?"

"Diamond!!!"

Why? was the person on the other end of the phone stuffing a chicken too? In that case NO

Maybe he was stuffing a chicken in his fantasy. Stuffing as in shoving something inside the chicken. Well all this news about bird flu gets some people feeling kinky.

I hate the windows adverts.

I SAY, YOU BUY ONE GET GET ONE FREE ... FOR EVERY WINDOW YOU BUY WE WILL GIVE YOU ONE ABSOLUTELY FREE ... IT'S FREE FITTING ... SO CALL 0800 600800

?NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

I'm actually scared of calling them.

Where's a sniper when you need one?

I hate the new Citroen people carrier adverts as well where the kids act like the adults, "Aye up new neighbours I guess we better go say "hello"?" */sigh*

"I haven't seen them this happy since we got the puppy" ... and judging by that depressing tone of voice it's no wonder!

"This isn't just a salad.... it's a freshly prepared, high qaulity Marks & Spencers salad."

Na...It's more like "This isn't just a salad...it's a freshly prepared salad that looks nothing like the one you'll be getting and doesn't even look THAT nice anyway"

i hate the new citreon people carrier adverts as well where the kids act like the adults "aye up new neighbours i guess we better go say hello" */sigh*

It's Vauxhall not Citroen.

Na...It's more like "This isn't just a salad...it's a freshly prepared salad that looks nothing like the one you'll be getting and doesn't even look THAT nice anyway"

"This isn't just a salad... It's a freshly prepared (well it was in 2004) spunk salad complete with garnishes of human snot. This is not just shit... It's M&S shit!"