NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

https://www.gamingaccessweekly.com/2022/05/eiyuden-chronicle-rising-sets-the-stage-on-pc-and-consoles-today/

Once a prosperous town in the continent of Allraan, New Neveah lies in a state of disrepair thanks to a devastating earthquake. Not all is lost, however — the earthquake revealed ancient Runebarrows deep underground. As the townsfolk rebuild, adventurers from around the world arrive to plunder the ruins’ riches, including powerful artifacts called Rune-lenses. Here, three soon-to-be heroes embark on a journey with far-reaching implications for the Eiyuden Chronicle universe.

Assist the denizens of New Neveah by collecting materials in dungeons. Unlock new weapons, armor, accessories, and more by rebuilding the shops in town. Reap additional awards carrying over to next year’s Hundred Heroes including cosmetic items, valuable equipment, trade goods and more. Unravel the intricacies of a conspiracy-laden plot set to continue throughout the events of 2023’s Hundred Heroes, which will launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC via Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store, and 505 Games is proud to announce today it will also launch on Nintendo Switch.

Switch version confirmed today! It's no longer being held back for Switch 2 (guess the devs got tired of waiting), so now it goes in the Nintendo Gaming forum!

New trailer for both Hundred Heroes and Rising got released today too...

I suspect that the Switch version will end up being a trash afterthought port (just like Bloodstained before it), but hey!  It's coming to Switch now, so have at it.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Been keeping tabs on this. It looks pretty nice. :cool: Apparently, it can be heavy going with the sidequests but as it's only a 15-hour game I think I will be able to deal.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Been keeping tabs on this. It looks pretty nice. :cool: Apparently, it can be heavy going with the sidequests but as it's only a 15-hour game I think I will be able to deal.

Yeah, a lot of reviewers were saying its fetch quest after fetch quest, which really pads out the length of the game. Visuals look great though. Possibly one I pick up when it goes on sale. It's already a reasonable £11.99 on PSN.

@Dcubed think you've got the two titles mixed up, so I'm not sure if the thread title needs updating: while Rising (the 2D platformer) is confirmed for the Switch and launched yesterday (and is the game being discussed), Hundred Heroes (the JRPG) is still being looked into for a Switch release. 

This is from Monday's Kickstarter Pre-Launch Update for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

Q2: Will Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes be released on the Nintendo Switch?

A2: While the release of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes has not been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch, we are currently undergoing a technical investigation into development for a Switch version of the game.

If you purchase Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising for the Nintendo Switch, then you will be able to enjoy the crossover content in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes on any Nintendo console version confirmed in the future.

Not that I really doubt that it will eventually come to Switch one way or the other, but it's still not 100%; that statement you quoted is very confusingly phrased, as it does make it sound like they're talking about Hundred Heroes, but everything else is relating to Rising. I backed it on Kickstarter so thought I'd missed a pretty important update about Hundred Heroes coming to Switch when I spotted your thread! :p

Anyways, I'm curious to check Rising out, but not really in a rush to get into it: sounds a bit too easy, swimming in 7's, etc., from what I've heard, but it does look great visually, and from what I've heard it sounds like it follows Suikoden closely with a huge focus on character bonds. I'm always a fan of whenever a smaller project is made leading up to the main event - and it's a nice little call back to when Suikogaiden did so for Suikoden III to bridge the gap between it and II - and even more so if anything carries over in terms of lore or items/materials. I haven't seen much said about the music so far, which is a shame, as Suikoden had some excellence music and Eiyuden Chronicle as a series has a whole lot to live up to in that regard. 

Hundred Heroes on the other hand, please inject into my veins yesterday, that's probably one of the games I'm most excited for after enjoying Suikoden and Suikoden II so much :D

30 minutes ago, Julius said:

@Dcubed think you've got the two titles mixed up, so I'm not sure if the thread title needs updating

Nope.  This announcement is definitely for Hundred Heroes.  505 Games just announced the Switch version today in that press release I quoted in the first post (and they pointed out that this was specifically announced today too).  Rising on the other hand was announced for Switch around a month ago, it's definitely not the one being announced here.

Edited by Dcubed

The trailer in OP is not exactly new. Its from June 2021. Is there a new trailer, or is it a mistake?

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

The trailer in OP is not exactly new. Its from June 2021. Is there a new trailer, or is it a mistake?

Here's the launch trailer for Rising.

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

Oops! Never mind! I thought it was a new trailer that was reusing old footage.  Didn't realise that it was just the same trailer as before!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nope.  This announcement is definitely for Hundred Heroes.  505 Games just announced the Switch version today in that press release I quoted in the first post (and they pointed out that this was specifically announced today too).  Rising on the other hand was announced for Switch around a month ago, it's definitely not the one being announced here.

That's my bad then!

I had no luck finding what you quoted in any sort of official confirmation from anyone involved - the exact quote is only on three sites currently including N-Europe, it's not on the 505 Games website, the official page of the game hasn't been updated to include Switch, it's not mentioned in the Kickstarter, it's not even been announced on 505's or Eiyuden Chronicle's Twitter page, and heck even on the ResetEra page for the series it's not been given a mention yet -  but having another look I did manage to find official confirmation of Hundred Heroes getting a Switch release from Rabbit and Bear's own site (translated):

In addition, we are pleased to announce that the Nintendo Switch version of the blockbuster RPG "Eiyuden Chronicles" scheduled to be released in 2023, which is the main part of this work, has been decided to be released.

So yeah, forgive my confusion - I couldn't find anything official outside of a clearly quoted statement, because literally no-one is talking about it but us, not even 505 directly when I was looking around :p

Still, I think it might be worth updating the thread title to be about Hundred Heroes and Rising, seeing as that game is what everyone's discussing here at the moment? I'd love to discuss Rising too once I get around to it :peace:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, a lot of reviewers were saying its fetch quest after fetch quest, which really pads out the length of the game. Visuals look great though. Possibly one I pick up when it goes on sale. It's already a reasonable £11.99 on PSN.

Quid extra on Switch. :(

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Eiyuden-Chronicle-Rising-2201605.html

With the timing, I thought this thread was for the Eiyuden Chronicle game coming out this week. :eek: 

Jump ship GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Haha 1

New trailer from Gamescom for Hundred Heroes, which is coming in 2023:

Hell yeah, continues to look wonderful! :D

• Thanks 2

I just know my party in this is going to be nothing but funny animal people.

It's, like, the one thing Octopath doesn't have.

This game is looking better with each trailer.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is currently 80% off on the eShop. Its now priced at £2.59 and the sale ends on Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2022 at 10:32 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is currently 80% off on the eShop. Its now priced at £2.59 and the sale ends on Sunday. 

Did not pass go, did not collect 200 bucks, went straight and got Rising after you tipped me off. In the interests of at least keeping the virtual backlog down, I've got stuck into it.

It's a sidescrolling mishmash of levelling, gathering and town building with metroidvania-style gating thrown in to boot--yup, that also means you're double-jumping before long. 

You play as a CJ, a try-hard goody-two-shoes (so not that farfetched a roleplay ;)) who's out to be an adventurer. And to be an adventurer, the acting mayor tells you you have to be certified. And to be certified, you can either cough up the price of admission or collect enough stamps by completing requests for the locals, which has the knock-on effect of developing the town, bringing more trade, and ultimately attracting more characters to offer quests and stamps. It looked feasible enough to me to grind out the cash but CJ decides for you that you'll get the stamps in. It's very much Fetch Quest: The Game and while it's unfortunate they don't autocomplete as you fulfil them, being able to fast travel to every area + various points in dungeons alleviates some of the busywork. The prospect of it being a lot shorter than the typical 100-hour RPG goes a long way to making it palatable, too.

So far, I've filled the silver stamp card and I'm into the gold one now. With the town visibly developing and the music changing, it helps you feel like your actions are having an impact rather than just working through a mundane checklist. You change between characters at the tap of a button, and if you time it right in combat it will link your attacks. It doesn't half look the part either. It's not a bad game if you can accept what it wants from you. Growing the town is a hook for me. It's been pretty low-octane stuff.

It's been refreshing to see for the last couple of quests I turned in, it looked like the NPCs were angling for a follow-up but CJ--who's of a very chipper disposition and has said yes to everything that's come up--cut them off with a swift "OKAY, BYE." :laughing: 

FINALLY A DATE! FINALLY! APRIL 23RD 2024! 

THE WORLD WILL FINALLY UNDERSTAND (also 2024 H1 becomes stacked with yet another JRPG)

Edited by Julius

Yep, this is the big announcement for me! Been waiting so long for the adventures of Shark dude and Kangaroo Guy!

In that sweep of what I assume are other party members, I could've sworn I saw a literal dragon in there!

Can I already be more sold then "Guaranteed buy"?

Looks great.

There's a preview on RPGSite that sounds promising. I'll have to go back and wrap up the last couple of things in Eiyden Chronicle: Rising as I'm sure something will carry over.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@drahkon will be looking forward to it's release.

I'm kind of indifferent for now :p

It's a different genre after all. Maybe it'll be awesome

Yeah, I'm already sold on this, so will be putting myself on blackout going forward.

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I'm kind of indifferent for now :p

I thought you liked Turn-Based RPG's though?

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I thought you liked Turn-Based RPG's though?

He has recently tried playing the prequel to this and hated it.

Sign in to follow this