Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Glen-i

My Switch wouldn't go online on Thursday, so I had to piggyback off of @Dcubed's Switch. Which means split screen shenanigans!

Moment focusing on me (Left screen)

Moments focusing on Dcubed (Right Screen)

Moments focusing on both screens

There's so much going on with that last clip. Pure chaos!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The Yoshi Circuit race was a real highlight. Proper tight throughout, and it could've been anyone's race.

I triggered the ? cloud on the first lap and watched you land on the red boards just in the nick of time. Don't mention it.

My aspirations for that one ended when I went into the rough because I was watching the Huffin Puffins. :D 

19 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I triggered the ? cloud on the first lap and watched you land on the red boards just in the nick of time. Don't mention it.

That was you? Cheers! Saved my lead there!

But no, that's Yoshi's Island. I'm talking about Yoshi Circuit. That tarmac track from Double Dash in the shape of Yoshi. That race was very good!

Right, it's ready, and I got the image up in a completely professional manner.

i0WcEWw.png

Yup, completely professional... No long harboured hatred showing here!

It's the night of a new wave, so expect more of a turnout then usual. The room opens at 7:45pm, with races starting at 8pm, so try and get in early. Just in case.

• Thanks 2

That was a really fun evening.  While I’m still disappointment (in the main) by the choice of tracks in the final wave, they’re definitely better in multiplayer!

Still, one of my favourite moments is when a bunch of us all ended up just driving round the roundabout on Daisy Circuit, completely missing the actual exit!  It doesn’t take a genius to work out how I finished in such a low placing! 😂

https://x.com/mike_wakely/status/1723459115387642045?s=46&t=u1D72kG-jusZXYg6nCGrTg

• Haha 4

I tend to check today's birthdays to weed out spammers and stumbled upon this account today:

https://forum.n-europe.com/profile/18461-brian58/

Seems he mostly posted in the 2016 Mario Kart League and would have been around 58 at the time. 

Don't know why but it just hit me as a nice little story. Hopefully he's enjoying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for his 65th. 

• Like 3