NEurope
lostmario

Super New Nintendo Switch Deluxe XL - Name prediction thread

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

That does bring up a good point though; I hope the kick stand is a bit less flimsy this time round. 

Do you often use it? 

The only times I’ve ever used the kick stand since owning a Switch, has been during the building of Labo kits. So probably around 10 to 20 hours in total. Oh, and one other time to insert a microSD card. :heh: 

But yeah, even though I’m not particularly fussed, I do agree that it’s super flimsy and could definitely do with a redesign.

You've used the kickstand far more than I've used the screen (possibly a max of 30 minutes).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Do you often use it? 

The only times I’ve ever used the kick stand since owning a Switch, has been during the building of Labo kits. So probably around 10 to 20 hours in total. Oh, and one other time to insert a microSD card. :heh: 

But yeah, even though I’m not particularly fussed, I do agree that it’s super flimsy and could definitely do with a redesign.

Not really, in part because it's flimsy, but my point was more general that it would be good to see them make small improvements like that. 

• Like 1

I think one of the 'leaks' mentioned a sturdier kick stand - more akin to the type you find on the Microsoft surface, essentially a flap that spans the whole width of the main device

I used it to play DOOM Eternal sometimes. It's just far better with Pro Controller and gyro aiming but I didn't have the TV available at that time. 

I use the kickstand a lot for the internet connection where I live (The TV just isn't even near to close enough). Tabletop lets me play handheld with the Pro Controller very comfortably.

I think it will be called “New Nintendo Switch” and I think that name sucks. If I got to choose I’d call it the “Super Nintendo Switch” and that would be awesome.