Vileplume2000

Pokémon 25th Anniversary

There's also this meme;c4047fa470729ed57f09a7fdfae299b8.jpg

• Haha 4

Just to add to what @Glen-i mentioned about Bidoof (great read by the way), the reason that they're making such a big deal out of Bidoof this year seems to be for the same reason that they made a big deal out of Eevee a few years ago: the impending return to Sinnoh in the Diamond & Pearl remakes, as well as in Legends: Arceus. I genuinely think that if Let's Go games were made for Sinnoh, they would have gone with Bidoof as one of the starters/version mascots. 

Pokémon has been focusing more and more on having these almost secondary mascots to Pikachu, like Bidoof and Eevee, in recent years, and honestly, I think it's a brilliant idea from a business perspective. Everyone owns some Pikachu merch in some form or another, so if they let it share the spotlight with some other Pokémon during the marketing for remakes and the like, they'll inevitably see their merchandise sales rise to some (probably small, but noticeable) degree. 

What's interesting about picking Bidoof is that, while it's certainly not the least popular Pokémon by a long shot, I don't think it's the obvious choice for a secondary mascot from Sinnoh (at least not in the same way that Eevee perhaps is for Kanto). You've got Shinx, Riolu, heck I think some were under the impression that Piplup might step back into the spotlight, so while it's not totally out of left field, it's been nice to see it get some of the spotlight! 

4 hours ago, Julius said:

What's interesting about picking Bidoof is that, while it's certainly not the least popular Pokémon by a long shot, I don't think it's the obvious choice for a secondary mascot from Sinnoh (at least not in the same way that Eevee perhaps is for Kanto). You've got Shinx, Riolu, heck I think some were under the impression that Piplup might step back into the spotlight, so while it's not totally out of left field, it's been nice to see it get some of the spotlight! 

Shinx's only notoriety is that until Sword/Shield's DLC, many were under the impression that Game Freak had completely forgotten it existed. You couldn't catch one natively for 3 generations!

Riolu suffers from "Charizard" syndrome. Barely anyone actually likes Riolu, it only seems to be popular because you need one to get it's evolution, Lucario, which is crazy popular. This became quite obvious when X/Y came out, where you were given a Lucario partway through the game. People going for Pokédex completion tended to overlook Riolu, because they never saw one in the game.

And yes, before you ask, I have terms for lots of weird phenomenon with Pokémon and their popularity.

9 hours ago, Julius said:

image-650.png

Is this real?

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Bidoof.

Bidoof tss.

Ba Dum Tss Drum GIF - BaDumTss Drum Joke - Discover ...

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Bidoof started off as Diamond/Pearl's Rattata replacement.

Rattata's only good for running. Sentret and Zigzagoon 4ever.

Bidoof/ Diamond broke me and I didn't play Pokémon again until Shield. :p 

52 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Is this real?

Yep, it's a promotional card released yesterday.

12 hours ago, S.C.G said:

NewPokemonSnapImage5.jpg

Bidoof. :D

(Photographed by @Ashley)

Bidoof! 

That's the hattrick, I'll stop now.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The next song featured on Pokemon 25: The Album has been released on YouTube and music streaming services. This song is “Take it Home” by Mabel and while it has no music video, there is a link to listen to the song below.

Edited by MindFreak

Posted (edited)

Sorry, double post

Edited by MindFreak