N-Europe

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

dabookerman

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the guy at the protest who was dressed as a suicide bomber is now in prision.

Turns out he was a convicted drug-dealer released on licence last year after having served half of his sentence.

So don't draw nasty cartoons, but do sell drugs.

Owned!

just like to say that there is no such thing as liberal islam. either you follow islam or you don't. there seem to be people out there that like to split islam in two groups.

moderate or extreme! honestly there is no such thing. anyone who follows islamic laws will be called an extremist. i see some people on here are wondering where are the liberal muslims? can someone describe what this is please?

is a liberal muslim a woman who doesnt wear the hijab? a muslim man who likes to drink?

what is an extremist? a muslim who supports resistance in palestine, iraq, kashmir?

also to the defenders of freedom of speech/expression etc. what happened to them freedoms in france when they banned muslim school girls wearing thre hijab?

also to the defenders of freedom of speech/expression etc. what happened to them freedoms in france when they banned muslim school girls wearing thre hijab?

The exact same thing that happened to the Christians that wanted to wear crosses. It was the same rule for all religions, they didn't just pick on one.

Most of what khilafah is rubbish. That would be like saying all Christians and the Ugandian LRA are one and the same.

I think he has a point about the total ban on religous cultural symbols in French schools though. The French government's ironically religious devotion to the secular state is proof positive that atheism can itself be fundementalist, even to the point of extremity.

Also the intellectual bitch slapping between the "free speech" supporting European newspapers and the "outraged" press in the Islamic world continues on it's own pointless and inane path. Apparently a newspaper in Iran intends to release cartoons satirising the Jewish holocaust. ::shrug: This whole exercise is now officialy, totally pointless.

We'll all laugh at this when it's all over. You see if we don't.

Well the guy at the protest who was dressed as a suicide bomber is now in prision.

Turns out he was a convicted drug-dealer released on licence last year after having served half of his sentence.

So don't draw nasty cartoons, but do sell drugs.

Owned!

haha yeah i read that and thought how ironic. He was selling drugs which is against islamic beliefs but yet he protests by dressing up as a suicide bomber and chanting obscenities about a cartoon he feels has insulted islam.

As for the French school thing, its as Bowser has said, they banned all religious symbols not just the hijab.

Does anyone think that when it comes to getting a passport the picture you use shoudlnt allow people to wear hijab's? i mean all you can see is people eyes!? But then again when they arrive at the airport all you can see are eyes. It is stupid in this age of High security that people are let in wearing such things and using passport pictures just showing their eyes. It could be anyone under there... Maybe they need to set up a room where these women can go and show their faces to someone at the airport so that they can proove their identidy or something!! Or maybe they already do have these kinda things in place and i dont know about ??

Sorry i know that is way off topic but it worries me.

Does anyone think that when it comes to getting a passport the picture you use shoudlnt allow people to wear hijab's? i mean all you can see is people eyes!? But then again when they arrive at the airport all you can see are eyes. It is stupid in this age of High security that people are let in wearing such things and using passport pictures just showing their eyes. It could be anyone under there... Maybe they need to set up a room where these women can go and show their faces to someone at the airport so that they can proove their identidy or something!! Or maybe they already do have these kinda things in place and i dont know about ??

Sorry i know that is way off topic but it worries me.

I'm pretty sure they have to show their faces when moving in and out of passport control. Also I think most hijabs are just like head scarves, as opposed to those full body affairs. Where's Fierce_Link when you need him?

Linky boy is too busy at Uni drinking beer and going to bed early with his bird...*wink wink nudge nudge*

Haha. :) No beer for me tho. Completely tee-total. ;) *hides sex toys*

About the whole liberal muslim subject: I personally think that's open to interpretation. There's no straight forward definition of what a liberal muslim is.

However, calling someone who follows all Islamic laws an extremist is wrong in my opinion. Nowhere in the Quran does it tell you to terrorise others. You base your whole life around the Quran and not cause trouble like those 'protesters' have.

just like to say that there is no such thing as liberal islam. either you follow islam or you don't. there seem to be people out there that like to split islam in two groups.

moderate or extreme! honestly there is no such thing. anyone who follows islamic laws will be called an extremist. i see some people on here are wondering where are the liberal muslims? can someone describe what this is please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_movements_within_Islam

Thanks for that link. I clicked on the "Muslim wakeup!" link at the bottom and was sent to this

"Although its editors are primarily from the United States and Canada, '"Muslim WakeUp!' has a universal mission to bring together people of different faiths and from different regions of the world. This universalism comes from the idea that Islam is first and foremost a monotheistic religion, and that all who believe in one God and one humanity should be free to exchange ideas and learn from each other. The group’s mission is to celebrate cultural and spiritual diversity, tolerance, and understanding. They take part in online and offline events: sponsoring speakers, publishing articles and pamphlets, creating a forum for discussion, disseminating information about events, etc. They see themselves as Muslim opponents of intimidation, authoritarianism, dogmatism, oppression, bigotry, sexism, and racism. In this, they are noted for reaching out to minority groups within Islam such as the Ismailis, Ithna 'Asharis, Sunnis, and Gay and Lesbian Muslims."

I don't think i need to comment on this at all. It speaks for itself.

The exact same thing that happened to the Christians that wanted to wear crosses. It was the same rule for all religions, they didn't just pick on one.

Sure it was the same rule, but it's still against freedom of speech/expression.

So where the *beep* do we draw the line? In the western world, apperantly not with extreme racial cartoons only made to provocate.

the ban was on large crosses. when do you see christians wearing large crosses. also wearing the cross or the jewish skullcap is not a religious obligation. wearing the hijab is an obligation for all muslim women.

that is the huge difference!