NEurope
Charlie

Loads more PS3 Details!

"The story is more than one page, behold!

key points:

PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live

PS3 will be a DVR

It will connect with psp

There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US (alot more then what people know about)

The final ps3 dev kit is alot faster than they thought (according to the developer)

The ps3 will have an itunes type service to let you download HI DEF movies, music, etc

The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further

PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.

PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities

Firmware updates will add more functionality, much like with the psp

The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks

Fall release date for ps3, no release date for online service, but expected to launch w/ the system"

3216094062.jpg

3216060422.jpg

DAMN YOU MORIA, I HATE YOU!

Man i dont want to say this but the PS3 looks, well Awsome x10.

Its the 1st time ive looked at the PS3 and thought, wow these looks amazing.

I think XBOX could be in some trouble here.

And i also think i might buy one...

Thanks for costing me £350 ish! :P

Sony has alot of work if they wanna get some good titles for PS3. And not royally fuck up like MS did with the 360.

Lets hope they do get things right, and they don't do another "Sony" and purposly limit units.

Lets hope they do get things right, and they don't do another "Sony" and purposly limit units.

Yup, i dont think they will though casue if they hit enough units for demand they will be saying for months "we had a great launch unlike M$"

those features are all well and good, but how many percent of the regular playstation users are gonna use those functions?

those features are all well and good, but how many percent of the regular playstation users are gonna use those functions?

My thoughts exactly.. the average PS3 owner will most likely be only interested in playing a new GTA on there console.

I have change my mind on the Ps3. Im getting it sooner than later. MS realy fucked up the media center part on the 360. Lets just hop it cost around the price of a 360 :P

My thoughts exactly.. the average PS3 owner will most likely be only interested in playing a new GTA on there console.

Surely thats what everyone thought until MS launched Xbox live? Who was gaming online with a console before the current gen? Gotta start somewhere people, and perhaps GTA online is the place to get a whole lot of newbies online. Id also like to know how many people are using all of the PSPs features these days before lambasting the PS3 fambase (sure area lot of 1gig sticks flying out of the shops for a machine that people are using solely to play GTA).

That list is kinda cute - almost every line is "It will be like Xbox360 but better!" Takes me back to my school years. Im hoping it will be good as there is little doubt in my mind that I will pick one of these up, but Im still sceptical about all of these vague claims.

________

JUGALLETTE

Edited by Johelian

Surely thats what everyone thought until MS launched Xbox live? Who was gaming online with a console before the current gen? Gotta start somewhere people, and perhaps GTA online is the place to get a whole lot of newbies online. Id also like to know how many people are using all of the PSPs features these days before lambasting the PS3 fambase (sure area lot of 1gig sticks flying out of the shops for a machine that people are using solely to play GTA).

That list is kinda cute - almost every line is "It will be like Xbox360 but better!" Takes me back to my school years. Im hoping it will be good as there is little doubt in my mind that I will pick one of these up, but Im still sceptical about all of these vague claims.

to me all of these points seem to target all the gamers, or people who want to use the fancy extras.

im thinking at the end of the day the number of people who will use these functions are the same amount who go online.

am i right in saying (in a non fanboy way) that nintendo wfc is more succesful than xbox live and ps2 online, perhaps even combined??

- The PS3 can move you through space-time Continum

- The PS3 can run 2 copies of Gears of War at 120fps and still hast the memory left to run a game os solitaire... WHILST THEY LOAD

- The PS3 is going to be able to brush your teeths

- The PS3 is going to be able to wake you up in the morning

- The PS3 is going to beam directly to your retinas the image of the game... no... reality you'r playing

- The PS3 has the added feature of being able to play games.

- The PS3 1S T4H R0X0RZZ!1!!!11

- The PS3 can make a toats land butter side UP!

- The Ps3 is more Powerfull than the DeathStar

- The PS3 knows martial arts

- The PS3 can do everything Chuck Norris do

- -The PS3 can connect to your brain through a USB 2.0 cable connection and transfer files such us brain firmware upgrades, mental sickness corrections, patches for other brain bugs, aditional language support, adds night vision support to your eyes and x-ray vision too, and also a feature that allows you to overclock or underclock your brain's sinaptic speed (sony does not take responsibilty to any damage made to you, or anyone else that may interact with you)

First of all, M$ has spent 4 years making XBOX live, so I doubt this is gonna happend amd M$ spent billions on LIVE, does Sony have billions to spend on this? I doubt it. And remember when sony said the same thing bout the PS2 online that we would be able to download music and stuff.

And from Sony's itunes like program on the PC, i doubt they can make a good thing for the PS3.

agree to that one: when it comes to digital rights, sony TOTALLY fu**s it up. minidisc? crap. NetMD? CRAPPIER! and now with blu-ray they're digging further into the sh!t. who do they think they are? oh wait, yeah... sony. i can understand that.

i will only get a ps3 when they go down in price. Thats if i get one at all.

GTA is losing it's appeal and the only other games i might want are MGS4 and Ace Combat.... not enough to warrant buying a new system really

Its raised my interest a bit. I think I'll put my name down for one (Speaking of Game stores are now taking down names), worse that happens is I sell it on ebay.

Downloading Hi-Def movies sounds nice, but how long will that take? Unless Sony host it on some super fanstico server its still gonna take the best part of a day.

Anyone else think "The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks" is a lie, and in actual fact its a way to push the PS3?

i will only get a ps3 when they go down in price. Thats if i get one at all.

GTA is losing it's appeal and the only other games i might want are MGS4 and Ace Combat.... not enough to warrant buying a new system really

Same. But I would just buy GTA on 360, I dont like Ace Combat, and I'm sick of Metal Gear :) : peace:

Same. But I would just buy GTA on 360, I dont like Ace Combat, and I'm sick of Metal Gear :) : peace:

I too have a 360 (got 2 premiums for just less than £500 and sold one on ebay for £480 lol)... so that takes care of GTA (if it comes to 360) and you do have a point with metal gear.... so that makes Ace Combat, which i can live without.

[...]

Anyone else think "The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks" is a lie, and in actual fact its a way to push the PS3?

doubtless. if that was the better way, why don't they put a cell in each dvd player, making it available at the third of what they are going to cost?

My gut feeling is Blu Ray is going to be the next 'Beta Max' in terms of movies etc. I just think that people already know the name DVD and then they go and buy a HD tv so then they just look for HD-DVD makes more sense!... thats if they want to fork out more for another movie collection.

Seems like Sony are trying to force Blu Ray through everyone throats with PS3

I had a feeling that the PS3 would be the most expensive out of the 3 next gen consoles, and i really can't see it being any other way now. Part of me just wants Sony to stop beating around the bush and give us some details of games that show off what their baby can do.

doubtless. if that was the better way, why don't they put a cell in each dvd player, making it available at the third of what they are going to cost?

The high earning technology-loving people will still buy Blu-Ray DVD players even if it retails for $1000 (think I heard that number around). Sony will sell the PS3 for a while then due to slow (okay but slow) Blu-Ray DVD players sales Sony will "find a way of putting the 'cell' into Blu-Ray players" and cut the price. Just my theory anywho, I cold be talking crap.

The cell is especially made for decoding high-resolution-video-stream( i won´t use the word HDTV anymore, because HD is only like a brand that you have to pay for).So this thingy with the cost of blueray is true i think.

But I don´t want 2 pay for DVR funcionality, i still got one! But your hopes that the PS3 will get cheaper...i think this will be in three or four years( remember kutaragi said ps3´s life should last 10 jears).

And kutaragi said the PS3 is gonna be way to expensive and he sees everybody taking a second job only to afford his baby! I think 700 -900 € will be the price..

I will borrow it from our gamestore for 3€ a day then i will beat "heavenly sword" on the weekend and i´ve only spend 10€ on it( I don´t think games of that graphical quality need longer then 10 hours to go through.) And music? For download? anything but sony...

I hate Firmware.

I thought Sony weren't going to have an online service...poor lil babies. Sounds cool, but I expect it to be even more than originaly now.

Yes i thought that too, sounds like a smokescreen to get ppl to say WOWOWOWOW im getting a Blu-ray for dirt cheap on the PS3. You gotta hand it to Sony, the know how to market. Ill bet those standalone prices are cut in half or better after the PS3 has been sitting a while