NEurope
Charlie

Loads more PS3 Details!

My thoughts exactly.. the average PS3 owner will most likely be only interested in playing a new GTA on there console.

Steriotyping. GTA now launches on many platforms, so your theory is pretty much crap :grin:

Seriously, I knew sony would have something up there sleeves. They are too big of a company to lose, but will they deliver? We still have yet to hear the price, which I dont think is much of a concern for sony since people were paying £1000 no problem for a PS2 when it sold out.

:confused: Im still clueless about who will win this generation, PS3 and 360 have good cards, and with Nintendo out on its own field, pretty much a 2 way decider.

Steriotyping. GTA now launches on many platforms, so your theory is pretty much crap :grin:

Seriously, I knew sony would have something up there sleeves. They are too big of a company to lose, but will they deliver? We still have yet to hear the price, which I dont think is much of a concern for sony since people were paying £1000 no problem for a PS2 when it sold out.

:confused: Im still clueless about who will win this generation, PS3 and 360 have good cards, and with Nintendo out on its own field, pretty much a 2 way decider.

I still think it's a big error for x360 to lack a HD drive, for games and to compete with PS3, who is also a bluray device...

still looking at the news... I think it's a complete lie them saying that their online service will rival xbox live, looking at psp and ps2 attemps (of lack of them) they are even behind nintendo now, starting now is too late, it'll probably launch with a crappy system and loose throughout the generation to the other two consoles, still it wasn't things like that, that made the Ps2 sell less, so I don't think it'll hammer their sales as long as they do some PR lies about it and support it (even if it's crap).

As for GTA... It might be exclusive to PS3... but even so GTA is wearing out, it's always the same, and no one really loves it (even PS2 owners I know) people mostly buy it because it's a trend, it's already wearing down and the interest dropping. not a big card this generation as it was in the last (it's not being that big card for PSP at least)

i look forward to the next GTA, the thought of a game, that is san andreas times 5 (in terms of size) is quite something. that is what always attracted me to GTA, the sheer scale of it. the design department at rockstar north are quite exceptional

There will be a HD-Drive for 360 released probably later in the year.

And I love GTA :)

I thought microsoft ruled that out, but that's the same, they won't release games in HD DVD because not everyone has it, that's a big handycap for x360

I thought San Andreas was the best GTA yet IMO, they're getting better and better I think.

I just hope they don't set the next GTA in bloody America again - I think somewhere like Russia would be an awesome place for the next GTA, it would be pretty damn slick.

Does the article also say "will cost more than your mortgage"? This stuff all seems very cool, but when you combine that many gadgets into one package it costs more. Most people still prefer to have all of their technology seperate becasue it means they can buy one thing at a time, and hence not have to empty their pockets in one go. With all of these features i wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 costs £500. Either that or Sony will sell the system at an immense loss and do even worse this gen than microsoft did with the xbox. But if I'm wrong and all that stuff comes 4 an affordable price then WOW!

Errr is anybody else seing these "new" features and just going, yeah so?

Who are they aiming this product at anyway? Mid-twenties buisiness folk who have over £400 quid in the bank to just throw at a new console? Not very consumer friendly this product... It all sounds far too complicated and expensive. People prefer a toaster, not a toaster come waffle maker come noodle steamer come merry-go-round!

Just get a damn pc!

First ever time i've thought, hmm PS3 looks ok, i still on't be getting one, but it's looking good.

Errr is anybody else seing these "new" features and just going, yeah so?

Who are they aiming this product at anyway? Mid-twenties buisiness folk who have over £400 quid in the bank to just throw at a new console? Not very consumer friendly this product... It all sounds far too complicated and expensive. People prefer a toaster, not a toaster come waffle maker come noodle steamer come merry-go-round!

Just get a damn pc!

Exactly, the PS3 is perfect for rich kids that dont own a PC.

I have to wonder, does anyone really upload photos to their television?

Heh. We all know the winner will be PS3. It's gonna sell waaay better than 360, i'm pretty sure about that. I mean, we all know that GCN sales are really bad, and in Decembre, the lounch month for 360, GCN sold better than 360!

The only problem with PS3 is that it's price is probably gonna be high... but hey, you gotta pay for your HD gaming, right? ;) Or just buy the cheap Revolution :)

PS2 kicked X-Boxes arse with a 4 times worse hardware, and now that PS3's hardware is even better than 360's...! People will just buy PS3 because of Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Kingom Hearts 3, Gran Turismo 5 and so on... While Halo 3 seems to be the only killer-app for 360. Plus, all the multiplatform games will look way better on PS3.

Tekken's not as good as it used to be and most people I've sopken to think GTA:SA is the worst one. I lost confidence in IGN when they gave it a 9.9. Most PS2 shaggers think it got tedious and lacked a lot of story compared to 3 and erm...the other, haha!!

Tekken's not as good as it used to be and most people I've sopken to think GTA:SA is the worst one. I lost confidence in IGN when they gave it a 9.9. Most PS2 shaggers think it got tedious and lacked a lot of story compared to 3 and erm...the other, haha!!

Most of them, huh? You must meet a lot of people.

________

Charger (L-Body)

Edited by Johelian

Although I played it right through to the end I didnt really like GTA:SA. I personally thought GTA 3 was the best. Out of all my mates that bought it most of them hated it due to it being far too big. Some of the missions were just stupid with the amount of driving needed to get from place to place.

On topic I agree with a few people here when they say " so what ". I want a ps3 because i dont like missing out on big name titles but i dont really want to pay for a machine with features that I wont use on it especially if its in the £400 region.

just be honest u guys, u lot hated it because the main character was black

*remembers the threads in gamefaqs with the title "how to make cj white

Why has this topic kinda swinging to GTA now? Playstation isnt the only system to get it now...

PS3 is gonna be hella expensive with all that stuff, now all the jokes about it size seem pretty meaningless, your gonna need something big to process all that.

just be honest u guys, u lot hated it because the main character was black

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. :heh:

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. :heh:

I forgot about that, my uncle hated San Andreas because of the black main charecter, but would only say he hated him because he missed tommy.

Heh. We all know the winner will be PS3. It's gonna sell waaay better than 360, i'm pretty sure about that. I mean, we all know that GCN sales are really bad, and in Decembre, the lounch month for 360, GCN sold better than 360!

The only problem with PS3 is that it's price is probably gonna be high... but hey, you gotta pay for your HD gaming, right? ;) Or just buy the cheap Revolution :)

PS2 kicked X-Boxes arse with a 4 times worse hardware, and now that PS3's hardware is even better than 360's...! People will just buy PS3 because of Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Kingom Hearts 3, Gran Turismo 5 and so on... While Halo 3 seems to be the only killer-app for 360. Plus, all the multiplatform games will look way better on PS3.

I like the fact that every game you mentioned coming for PS3 is a sequel.

Im curious as to how many Zelda/Mario/Donkey Kong/Metroid/Star Fox titles will be released for the Revolution, while youre on the subject.

________

FORD TOWCOMMAND PICTURE

Edited by Johelian

@retro-lover

That's because i dunno what new franchises they'll come up with. PS2 had Jak and Dexter, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry and many others, while GCN had... i think Pikmin is the only new franchise worth a mention!