NEurope
Charlie

Loads more PS3 Details!

It seems to me everyone here hates GTA because of the image it portrays, to me, that image is one of the main reasons that GTA always sell so well, and why so many of its copycats sell so well.

GTA 3, VC, SA both had fantastic design (VC had the weakest design in my opinion in terms of level design).

GTA is a game that sells so much, and u guys think its wrong, because u play a criminal in it and therefore it is wrong. Also the vehicles are fantastic in terms of providing tight and simplictic controls, unlike some of the copycats.

but yes i am still waiting for a valid reason why people hate GTA.

also concerning the graphics, they may be crap, but they have been running on a 5 year old engine. and they still provide a certain art style.

I'm with Pedro. I just don't think I like the genre very much but I'm not a hater. I don't mind other people liking it either, people can like what they want. But I do start to get a little angry when people just keep on hounding me about it.

I would say this though. GTA has managed to make a very large and interactive environment, which was fantastic and a massive achievement technically. Most people enjoy it because you can do lots of things really freely, however I would just like the ability to do GOOD things not just kill, batter, jack cars and what not. My arguement is not that I find that morally wrong (which I do but never mind) but that I just find that really unstimulating and aimless.

On top of that, It is just a meld of quite a few genres. It's a bit of a jack of all trades and master of none kind of situation

It seems to me everyone here hates GTA because of the image it portrays, to me, that image is one of the main reasons that GTA always sell so well, and why so many of its copycats sell so well.

GTA 3, VC, SA both had fantastic design (VC had the weakest design in my opinion in terms of level design).

GTA is a game that sells so much, and u guys think its wrong, because u play a criminal in it and therefore it is wrong. Also the vehicles are fantastic in terms of providing tight and simplictic controls, unlike some of the copycats.

I won't go against those as I agree with most of it, it's like I said, not my style of game, but for sure... GTA is the king in that alley, better than the last true crime or 50 cent's new game. (although I didn't play those two)

On the level design, the last one I played was vice city, and was bored with it after a while (I wonder if that's why), but I really can't really talk about those as I don't own the games, I really can't picture myself playing GTA that much.

On the point of selling for the image, sure, I know people who regret buying GTA because of that reason, because in the end they don't like the game, but I also know people who like GTA since the beggining (before GTA3)... all in all, I know a lot of people that say they won't pay full price for a GTA again, not that it's bad, just not the type of game they like most(I don't pay full price for Metal Gear, for example, although I like the series).

All this to say... some people like it, some people don't, others go for the brand... Give GTA a few years and although still popular, only the real fans will stay, it's always like that. I don't see it being such a system seller for PS3 as it was for PS2.

also concerning the graphics, they may be crap, but they have been running on a 5 year old engine. and they still provide a certain art style.
I'm not going against that either,as I stated, that's a good thing.

Also... I said "crap" graphics, but maybe I shouldn't, so i'll correct it to "low polygon graphics", I guess now, thinking over it, I'd be mad at anyone who described Zelda OoT, MM and others as "crap graphics", so... my apologies :)

Ahhhh what a game! Just can't get it to run on a pc anymore.... I was too young to really undertand how it worked at the time but you never know (come on Frontier!)

I like GTA but the way it's going I might stop playing it, sure it's nice to have 3 times bigger city than the one before, new weapons , etc... but it's getting boring. (I know this happens with most games, but this one is based on reality so it gets boring a little faster).