NEurope
Hero-of-Time

April's Switch Lineup: What Will You Be Buying & Playing?

Seems like Cuphead is the popular choice. With a bunch of us playing it at the same time hopefully they'll be plenty of banter about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2019 at 7:28 PM, Emerald Emblem said:

Dragonball Heroes I'll likely wait for reviews, not much money this month so I can't buy anything til the 25th

Welp, I forgot about my ShopTo pre-order, just got the dispatch email today. Well into my savings I go I guess.

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

No My Time at Portia love?

I'm interested, but too many games. Plus I want to find out how Rune Factory 5 ends up, as that may have my preference, then again that's a long way off. Still, too many games. You getting it?

I keep telling myself when i've finished doing up my house (just the staircase and carpets downstairs now) I'll actually have my life back and can play games, but with line ups like this on a monthly basis! I am never catching up

Instantly bought Hob when I saw the the price on the Russian eShop is just about half of what it is elsewhere. So i'll definitely be playing Hob this month, along with Guacamelee! 2 that I haven't started yet (because Yoshi and Dead Cells happened).

On 4/3/2019 at 11:15 PM, Emerald Emblem said:

Welp, I forgot about my ShopTo pre-order, just got the dispatch email today. Well into my savings I go I guess.

My copy arrived yesterday and I've put a little bit of time into it.

The graphics are pretty rough but the gameplay seems solid enough. There are a lot of tutorials to get through early on and with there being a lot of mechanics being thrown at you I think it will take a while to master. I went with the Saiyan race for my character, although I nearly went with an Android purely because it looks like 17. :D 

@Emerald Emblem if you've still got Super Dragon Ball Heroes sealed you may just want to send it back and get a refund. I've put another hour into the game and it's not great. 

I mentioned earlier that the presentation is rough but I can easily overlook that if the game is actually fun. Sadly, the gameplay is very boring and confusing. The tutorials only make matters worse because instead of easing you in to all the different mechanics they just throw them all at you at once and you're expected to remember everything. A lot of the time I was just placing my cards and hoping for the best.

There was one time where the enemy done more damage to me than my maximum HP but I still ended up winning the battle. Seriously, I've no idea how that happened or what the hell was going on. I was convinced I had lost the battle. EDIT: Ah, I was looking at the Stamina meter rather than the HP one.

The game has certain things that are built around the touch screen which means playing on the TV makes things a little awkward. The moves can be pulled off via touch screen are still doable in TV mode but it's a little clunky.

I'll probably go trade this in ASAP in order to get most of my money back. The final kicker in all of this is that for some strange reason you can't even register the game on My Nintendo to earn gold coins. What a rip! :angry:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Emerald Emblem if you've still got Super Dragon Ball Heroes sealed you may just want to send it back and get a refund. I've put another hour into the game and it's not great.

To be honest, I've already opened it and invested most of my Thursday and Friday into it, it's not a great game but I've still been enjoying it, all those cards with all those new forms and art preys on my collector instinct and Dragonball fandom. You can build a pretty powerful deck early on so most maps are a doddle, got a load of Saiyans in my main deck that clean up most battles.

The premise and dialogue almost feels like a meme game. You can't take it seriously.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

8 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

To be honest, I've already opened it and invested most of my Thursday and Friday into it, it's not a great game but I've still been enjoying it, all those cards with all those new forms and art preys on my collector instinct and Dragonball fandom. You can build a pretty powerful deck early on so most maps are a doddle, got a load of Saiyans in my main deck that clean up most battles.

The premise and dialogue almost feels like a meme game. You can't take it seriously.

At least you are getting something out of it. I did end up trading it in. I lost about £6 on it which wasn't too bad I suppose.

On 02/04/2019 at 10:01 AM, Happenstance said:

Doubt I'll be able to stop myself buying the Phoenix Wright Trilogy yet again. Haven't decided between the PS4 or Switch version yet.

Turns out I can stop myself buying this as £29.99 is just too much for me.