NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Pff, no need to brag. :p I'll get there eventually . THIS IS NOT A RACE.

Then why are you driving a Delorean while we are here on foot? :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So I used an Amiibo card today. 

The villager only visits your campsite and asks you to do a task for them. You can’t invite them to move in... Lame. 

15 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

The villager only visits your campsite and asks you to do a task for them. You can’t invite them to move in... Lame. 

Maybe you can try use it again tomorrow?

18 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Apparently it takes 3 days or so of you doing tasks for them until they move in.

• Thanks 1

Hooray, finally some new music!

A real shame paths are unlocked so late, that's probably one of the first things I'd want to put down

22 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I'm pretty sure there's a way of getting them to move in, I've not read what it is though. Better be, or else that ebay money spent on Henry and Rosie have gone to waste.

Edited by Ronnie

Yeah I just talked to him again and could ask him to move in - "Not right now, Nick". OK mate. Probably won't bother doing it for three days :laughing:

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently it takes 3 days or so of you doing tasks for them until they move in.

13 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Maybe you can try use it again tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hooray, finally some new music!

A real shame paths are unlocked so late, that's probably one of the first things I'd want to put down

I'm pretty sure there's a way of getting them to move in, I've not read what it is though. Better be, or else that ebay money spent on Henry and Rosie have gone to waste.

• Like 1

My girlfriend has bought the game for me, despite my protestations about having no desire to deal with Tom Nook ever again 🤦‍♂️😂

Still, the island of Ohana has been set up and I'll be joining in the turnip rat race along with everyone else! Is there a page/post where everyone's island details are kept, or just doing it ad hock?

Edit: probably the friend code thread...

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
Didn't read the forum properly
  • Like 4

Things I'm too lazy to google:

1) I assume chopped down trees don't grow back?

2) Is there some better way of getting iron nuggets than hitting rocks? Can't seem to find many.

There's probably more too that I've forgotten about.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

No, they don't. Good idea to leave a couple of stumps around though, they attract some specific bugs.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

2) Is there some better way of getting iron nuggets than hitting rocks? Can't seem to find many.

Balloon presents sometimes have 5 nuggets in. Other than that, make sure to hit each rock a full 8 times (use the shovel to create holes to stop yourself bouncing back, in case you don't already do that). And going to islands with Nook Miles tickets will often get you another 4 rocks worth of iron/clay/stones. And the occasional gold nugget. :)

When you visit an island and you've hit all rocks for their goodies, you can also destroy each rock for an extra item (by eating a fruit first).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

From playing last night for a whole three hours, which is my longest playsession so far I can confirm that...

• Chopeed trees don't grow back
  • If there is a better wat to get iron nuggets than hitting rocks then I don't know about it

I can say though, that if you want to get the most out of a rock, be it bells or iron, the best thing to do is to get right next to the rock, then dig holes directly behind you, above and below you so that you are right next to rock with a much shorter recoil animation from when you hit the rock with your shovel, then just make sure you're facing the rock and hit it as many times as you can quickly to maximise the yield of items which will come out of each rock. :D

That's... probably the one thing I remembered from previous Animal Crossing games, well that and Tom Nook probably owns 98% of the wealth across all towns/islands. :p

I wonder what he does with all those bells... :wtf:

Edited by S.C.G

Another tip - you'll see a glowing light coming out of the ground in a random spot every day, and if you dig it up you'll get a thousand bells.

Don't fill in that hole right away though. Bury 10,000 bells in the hole - this is the maximum amount allowed. This will grow into a money tree a few days later, giving you 3 stacks of 10k bells when fully matured (literally growing on the tree). Seeing as you can plant a money tree daily, once you're up and running that's a sweet 21k profit every day.

Edited by Sheikah

59 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Another tip - you'll see a glowing light coming out of the ground in a random spot every day, and if you dig it up you'll get a thousand bells.

Don't fill in that hole right away though. Bury 10,000 bells in the hole - this is the maximum amount allowed. This will grow into a money tree a few days later, giving you 3 stacks of 10k bells when fully matured (literally growing on the tree). Seeing as you can plant a money tree daily, once you're up and running that's a sweet 21k profit every day.

8D actually you can bury more I've done 50k and it worked! There is always a chance it won't grow but that's the risk of the money tree!

6 minutes ago, Ugh first aid said:

8D actually you can bury more I've done 50k and it worked! There is always a chance it won't grow but that's the risk of the money tree!

Interesting, I'm guessing someone will figure out what the best amount to bury is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Interesting, I'm guessing someone will figure out what the best amount to bury is.

99K.

200,000 bell profit a day, baby!

(Although, it might risk not growing, hasn't happened to me yet, but you never know)

Edited by Glen-i

Right, I'm putting about an hour into this every day and thoroughly enjoying it, albeit with slow progress.

Two questions..

1. I've purchased a Nook Pass twice and used it to go to a new island where I've bumped into a character who said he'd come and move to my island. That was two days ago and...nothing :( This happened to me twice now - how comes they ain't moving here?!

2. The iron nuggets I need....how do I get them?

1 minute ago, Goron_3 said:

1. I've purchased a Nook Pass twice and used it to go to a new island where I've bumped into a character who said he'd come and move to my island. That was two days ago and...nothing :( This happened to me twice now - how comes they ain't moving here?!

They do eventually.

1 minute ago, Goron_3 said:

2. The iron nuggets I need....how do I get them?

Hit rocks with your shovel.  Hopefully some of them will be iron.

• Like 1

Right. Had Flik come visit today so I can start saving those bugs for him now. Stayed fish/bug hunting on an island for around an hour with not much good to come from it. Came back and for the first time ever I saw double tarantulas right next to each other on my mainland. And I caught both of them. 
question about Celeste and shooting stars.  I’m assuming when she is on your island is the only time they show, but from what time in the evening will they start?

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Question about Celeste and shooting stars.  I’m assuming when she is on your island is the only time they show, but from what time in the evening will they start?

I've had shooting stars appear 3 times now and only once did Celeste make an appearance. As for the times, 2 times were after midnight but the last appearance of them was around 11pm, I think.

• Thanks 1

After doing everything I wanted to do today, I visited my first island in a few days after a few days of trying to focus on other games. 

Here's me realising that there's no way to reach the best stuff on that island...

EUdw5W-UUAElQrj?format=jpg&name=large

...100% inaccessible, unless I'm missing something. Yep, that body of water circles it by a good 4 or 5 tiles all the way around. There was a fossil to dig up elsewhere on the island, and that was about it - no rare flowers, no insects at all, not many fish after a few runs around the island. 

Taking that as a sign to go back to my other games :p

36 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

question about Celeste and shooting stars.  I’m assuming when she is on your island is the only time they show, but from what time in the evening will they start?

I've only had two separate occasions of shooting stars so far: the first was at 01:00/02:00 in the morning, and the other was just last night, which started around 19:30. So, anecdotally, I guess it could start at 19:00? 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Julius said:

...100% inaccessible, unless I'm missing something. Yep, that body of water circles it by a good 4 or 5 tiles all the way around. There was a fossil to dig up elsewhere on the island, and that was about it - no rare flowers, no insects at all, not many fish after a few runs around the island. 

I got that one the other day:

EUYych0U4AA4coS?format=jpg&name=small

the way to middle is by...

Spoiler

...breaking a rock to the north of that little island, which then allows you to pole vault towards the center. All of those rocks are filled with bells! And the surrounding water is full of the various types of trash and some rare fish like Koi. :cool:

The Able Sisters shop opened today, uploaded my first custom pattern:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@RedShell

tumblr_owy6mshBjl1qe3fnko1_500.gif

Duly noted. I'll be honest, completely forgot you could use it to do that after avoiding doing that since day 1 on my island! Either way, definitely never going to forget that feeling of being engilfed by my own helplessness when stuck on that island :blank: or your advice. 

I'll remember it for next time I guess! :cry:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

The credits of the game rolled for me this morning.

Spoiler

K.K.Slider showed up and put on a concert for the whole island. While doing this the credits rolled for the game. You then get the tune for you to play on your music player of choice inside your house.

EUgFcKGU8AAjb20?format=jpg&name=large

EUgFcJLUMAEhJvE?format=jpg&name=large

I unlocked terrforming this morning. I've not played around with it yet as I first need to get a sense of what I want to do with my island. I will give a word of warning though that you'll need around 30k in Nook Miles in order to unlock a bunch of stuff. Luckily, I always try not to go below the 50k mark so I had enough in hand to purchase the goods. I didn't get everything though. I just bought the main things ( water and cliff landscaping ) and a couple of path designs.

I done a few of the egg hunts this morning. Found myself eggs hiding in the trees, ground, sky, water and stones. I've made a couple of the items already, with the outfit you get being pretty hilarious. I'll have to have a look around the net to see just how many items there are to collect before the event is over.

In other news, I picked up this snazzy looking police outfit that reminds me of Leon Kennedy in his Resident Evil 2 gear.

EUgFcJxVAAAM9L9?format=jpg&name=large

Finally, and most importantly...

EUgFcJkU8AAeu4U?format=jpg&name=large

That's right, Nook! I'm no longer a slave to your ridiculous payments.

giphy.gif

Nook now offers any changes made to my house for free. I should think so given how many bells he's had out of me. :nono:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Found myself eggs hiding in the trees, ground, sky, water and stones.

Hate it. Dilutes the fish pool even more...:nono:

Anyways, something that really bothers me is the fact that I have to read through the same pieces of conversation every single time I talk to any of the important characters...Nintendo, your controllers have more than one button. Let us skip through text by pressing one of them.

Edited by drahkon

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Hate it. Dilutes the fish pool even more...:nono:

Yeah, it's really annoying me. I'm trying to see if I can catch any new fish for April and all I get are eggs. I've also got a Nook Mile to catch a specific fish and I can't catch it because of the abundance of eggs. :(