NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

content-4-36132-supersmashbrosultimatetournamentbylethbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosts a Bows, Spears and Axes tournament, starting on Friday

The latest tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate focuses on the weapons triangle.

It will run from 07/02/2020 and will last for three days.

Bring your best Byleth as each battle is a chance to grow. ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Villager as Edelgard. :laughing:

Villager has the best track record for looking completely out of place in Smash promotional art and it is always hilarious.

original.jpg

• Haha 1

I'd argue that in that promotional picture Mr. Game & Watch and his pan are giving Villager a run for her money.

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I'd argue that in that promotional picture Mr. Game & Watch and his pan are giving Villager a run for her money.

Counterpoint, follow Villager's eyeline, see where it takes you.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Counterpoint, follow Villager's eyeline, see where it takes you.

Counter-counterpoint: you don't see Mr. G&W's eyepoint. He could well be looking up to Bayo's bum as well.

• Haha 2

content-4-36138-supersmashbrosultimateeuropeanfighterspasscommercialbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass commercial

Check the article for a video showing off the five fighters from the Fighters Pass. :D

It's a lineup which is no joke(r) so pick your hero, grab your Banjo & Kazoo(ie) and prepare for a terry(ific) fight, byleth(ve) the hype! ;) 

(nope, I'm N-Ever apologising for those puns either) :cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

content-4-36142-cupheadsupersmashbrosspiriteventbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits event themed around Cuphead launches this Friday

The latest spirit event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes live on Friday, from February 14th for five days you can get spirits from Cuphead. :D

I really need to play Cuphead... and I will, just as soon as they release the physical version after all the DLC. :)

• Like 2

Oh snap, there's some spirits I'm surprised to see.

(Now I have to wonder where the Undertale ones are...)

content-4-36153-supersmashbrosultimate1990stournamentbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosts a 1990's tournament, starting on Friday

The latest tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is based around videogames of the 1990's! :D

God damn! The nostalgia is strong for this one. :) And again, some really nice promotional art produced for the tournament. :heart:

I often miss out on these tournaments, maybe I'll go in for this one? Or just appreciate the moment and move on...

Either way, I really like the concept for this tournament as the Nineties was such a great time for me personally and for videogames in general. :peace:

• Like 1

Well @S.C.G, I wouldn't mind making tonight's N-E Smash session follow that same theme if you want a taste of it without taking part in a tournament.

There's enough variety there to make it fun. Although I don't think you'd be allowed to use Samus.

• Thanks 1

content-4-36160-supersmashbrosultimatespiriteventblackbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits event themed around the colour Black launches this Friday

The latest spirit event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes live on Friday, from February 28th for five days you can get black spirits.

This might be a good time to get back into playing some single player SSBU and nabbing some spirits but... I say that nearly every week and it never happens. :p

I think for this event, clearly they were going to add Lotus from Warframe and then thought... 'What's the theme going to be?' Lotus... Black... ah Black Lotus!

I mean, it's not a bad theme and they've clearly done their best, it's just a bit tenuous compared to the previous events, anyway I'm not complaining, it's more content. :peace:

• Thanks 1

Highlights from the 90's night last week. Featuring me, @RedShell, @BowserBasher, @S.C.G, @L0RDR0B and @Nicktendo. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone...

Features way too many Home-Run Bats, a 0 to 90% combo in less than 6 seconds and an absolutely disgusting K.O steal on Venom which I might have pulled off.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Jigglypuff and Wolf could join one of those weird “no fight” Battle Arenas. :heh: 

Is that a thing? Please tell me that's not a thing.

but-why.gif

And here I was thinking that you can't play Smash in a more dull way then without items...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Is that a thing? Please tell me that's not a thing.

Apparently so, yeah. ::shrug: They tend to be the main type of arena that has custom stages enabled too, which is annoying. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Sméagol said:

What? What the hell do you do then?

It seems they just faff about (taunting and stuff) until time runs out and Sudden Death kicks in. It’s super weird. :blank: 

The worst thing is when people don’t title their arena properly though, so you join in thinking it’s a normal one, only to discover another bunch of Smash pacifists. :indeed:

Have none of you ever encountered this before then? You must not play Battle Arenas very much, or just be super lucky to have not come across it. Literally every time I go online I see loads of them.

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Have none of you ever encountered this before then? You must not play Battle Arenas very much, or just be super lucky to have not come across it. Literally every time I go online I see loads of them.

Why play with randoms when I have N-Europe to play with?

56 minutes ago, RedShell said:

The worst thing is when people don’t title their arena properly though, so you join in thinking it’s a normal one, only to discover another bunch of Smash pacifists. :indeed:

...Are you sure you didn't simply crash into a group of buddies having a good time, and they just spent the entire time looking at you awkwardly, wondering who the heck just interrupted their session?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

...Are you sure you didn't simply crash into a group of buddies having a good time, and they just spent the entire time looking at you awkwardly, wondering who the heck just interrupted their session?

There's a Friends option that blocks randoms from entering the arena, definitely not that.