N-Europe

Miiverse, Wii U Chat and Tvii Shutdown In November

Hero-of-Time

Miiverse was really good when it was integrated into a game like Splatoon or Mario Maker. I remember using it for Mario 3D World when I first got it, to help me find the last few stars I needed. I really liked the way they had messages from people relating to the stage you had just completed or died on, scrolling past the top and bottom of the page on the score screen. I thought it worked really well because at a tap of a button you could reply to a message you saw or leave one for others to see. I used that to get help on a several of the harder to find stars and it felt great to have instant help from a friendly community that were all playing the game at the same time you were. Also there were some amazing artists on there, every game had some amazing drawings on its respective Miiverse page and it was always cool to check that out.

I also remember switching on Splatoon the morning after Iwata had passed away and seeing the hub area covered with graffiti and messages all taken from Miiverse in tribute to him

aP7Anfq.png

Miiverse was a pretty good feature and its a shame its not being continued for the Switch.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

So I sent a request for my Miiverse posts back when the shutdown was announced, am I supposed to get an e-mail or something?

Yeah, you should get an email. They

said it might take a few weeks to arrive, mind.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The email with my Miiverse post history arrived a little while ago. It's... quite impressive, actually.

Sadly though it didn't save any of the post comments - not even my own - and I can't check who Yeah'd my posts... but I do think I have one more Yeah on my final drawing than when I last checked it!

Man, I miss Miiverse so much... and I'm gonna miss it even more when I start my Apollo Justice playthrough tomorrow... *sighs*

• Thanks 2

I got my e-mail earlier today and I'm pretty impressed with just how much they managed to save. :)

Not only do you get your posts - which I haven't properly checked out all of yet - but you get all of your screenshots and also images of your Mii with the various expressions plus icons for all the of the games which you posted in the community of providing you played the game or used the application. (I think) :D

It might be good to see how many game icons we all have between us, I'll probably even end up using some of them for certain game boxarts for the site as they are seemingly around the right size and are decent quality too. :peace:

Yep, I got mine as well. Looked back through Memory Lane and found some ones that made me smile.

Spoiler

There were quite a few moments which just looked funny.

gb4JbrO.jpg

Whether it's the female me, Glenda

bHU4UMK.jpg

That one guy who didn't stick with the N-E League Theme

JEr1HUc.jpg

cLsyhPg.png

When @Ugh first aid and I decided to waste 3 hours drawing deformed Mario faces we made

AUnQN1v.jpg

jwLsWv5.png

Tri-Force Heroes was ripe for this stuff

GFD4MYb.jpg

And the creepy moment when I glitched a move in Explorers of Sky

Miiverse also managed to make me much more determined to achieve ridiculous feats just for the sake of showing off.

ucr9GTx.jpg

Finishing Bravely Default in less than 2 and a half hours

7HbkKW8.jpg

Completing Child of Light with only one party member

uPsxiDb.jpg

Unlocking G&W Zelda on Game & Watch Gallery Advance

JAsMgg8.jpg

Beating the Anti Guy squad in Paper Mario

fmrFDEJ.jpg

Completing the hardest challenge in Smash Bros. History

Yt8S4Ae.jpg

Getting EarthBound's Sword of Kings... Twice... less than 5 minutes apart...

And Most Importantly!

Ah17Ip2.jpg

lZ2h57A.jpg

qRCOExs.jpg

Recruiting Kecleon on all 3 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games where you can

The Switch capture is nice and all, but somehow, it's just not the same. I'm really gonna miss Miiverse...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1