N-Europe

Nintendo Streaming Games At Gamescom

Hero-of-Time

Sounds a bit like the Treehouse segments.

The Nintendo booth at gamescom 2017 is set to showcase some of this year’s biggest games for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems, and we’ll be livestreaming some of those titles on YouTube and our gamescom 2017 website in English.

Hungry for more footage of Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch? On Wednesday 23rd August at 14:00 BST, get a fresh look at gameplay with a special developer talk from producer Yoshiaki Koizumi. Attendees in Cologne, Germany, will also be able to play in the Metro Kingdom and Sand Kingdom ahead of the game’s launch on October 27th.

Metroid: Samus Returns enters the limelight on Thursday 24th August at 11:00 BST, with producer Yoshio Sakamoto and José Luis Márquez, creative director of developer MercurySteam, taking to the stage to showcase Samus Aran’s upcoming adventure on Nintendo 3DS family systems. A special orange New Nintendo 3DS XL Samus Edition arrives alongside the game on September 15th.

Preview Image

Preview Image

On top of this, live presentations featuring product experts from Nintendo of Europe will also give detailed looks at previously announced titles for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems, including Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Stay tuned for the full schedule in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The schedule is now up.

All times listed in BST.

Tuesday August 22nd

10:00 – Splatoon 2 Turf Wars presentation

Wednesday August 23rd

10:00 – ARMS – Lola Pop gameplay

12:00 – Splatoon 2 – Salmon Run gameplay

12:30 – Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle gameplay with Ubisoft

14:00 – Super Mario Odyssey presentation with Mr Koizumi

15:00 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay

16:00 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament

Thursday August 24th

10:00 – EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 gameplay

11:00 – Metroid: Samus Returns presentation with Mr Sakamoto and MercurySteam's José Luis Márquez

12:00 – Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay

12:30 – Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions gameplay

15:00 – Charles Martinet discusses classic games with Fabian Döhla

16:00 – Splatoon 2 tournament

Friday August 25th

10:00 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay recap with Charles Martinet

12:00 – Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay

15:00 – Nine Parchments gameplay with Frozenbyte

16:00 – Pokkén Tournament DX tournament

Saturday August 26th

10:00 – Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay

12:00 – SteamWorld Dig 2 with Image & Form

12:30 – Flipping Death gameplay with Zoink Games

15:00 – Yoku's Island Express gameplay with Villa Gorilla

16:00 – ARMS tournament

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You sure?

According to Gaf it's September when she gets released, along with version 3 update.

I think the info they got was by translating this.

Could be wrong though.

Ahh,  looks like you're right.  Sorry, was thinking of Splatoon 2, not ARMS :p 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Why isn't this showing anything other than the schedule?? It should have started by now or?

There's nothing on at the moment. They played Arms at 10 and I guess nothing is on until 12 now. This times shown are 1 hour head of the UK.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's nothing on at the moment. They played Arms at 10 and I guess nothing is on until 12 now. This times shown are 1 hour head of the UK.

Sure, that makes sense - nothing's on. However, I checked it at about 11.20 and it showed nothing - so if they only played ARMS for 10 minutes, I think the times are a bit off.

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Anyone catch the FIFA play through at all? Any different to the one the other day?

I had it on in the background while at work and they seemed to be showing lots of footage from Ultimate Team. Two of the guys had a game against each other, as well.

• Like 1

I have to say, I've really enjoyed Nintendo's efforts at this years Gamecom. The competition are either using this as an E3 retread or just aren't really bothering with it all. It's nice to see Nintendo treat the show, viewers and attendees with some respect.

Its be great seeing footage of FIFA, Splatoon and ARMS and there's still more to come. I'm looking forward to the few indie games that are going to be shown, as well as Xenoblade 2.

Using Gamescom as a mini Direct was a welcome surprise, even if I would have preferred a standard showing. Stuff like the SNES 3DS, Splatoon maps, new ARMS character, FE Warriors trailer and special edition announcements could have easily been Direct material but instead Nintendo kept  these things for Gamescom week.

In other news, Mario Odyssey has picked up both Game of the Show and Most Wanted Game awards.

• Like 2