N-Europe

your opinion on the best 'revmote' games

oxygenuk

but ive been speculating nandos suggest for a while now. a starfox game (no running around... arwing's and wolfen's only) would be sensational with the Revmote

..you're flippin right it would..

..and I'm not saying these would be the best ideas or anythin but maybe snooker would work with the remote.. as could darts.. but I really think Wario Ware will be brilliant!

has anyone thought about 4 player FPS? because if you think about it.. previously 4 player console fps sucked, running around in goldeneye I found to be incredibly difficuilt, but now it's gonna be so much easier.

Will it spoil the experience if we can all see where we all are? before I found that playing 4 player LAN was rad because you had to concentrate just enough on your own player and the controller.. now it's gonnna be 4 guys sitting on a sofa point controllers all around the place.

How will this work? I can dig that wifi will be nice to play 4 player (at least!) online and have your own screen.. but I'm not sure if it will be the same kind of experience as previously.

And wont the machine get confused with 4 controllers? what if you're all sitting all over the room?

It's gonna be interesting.. but for me, if you can run around and move in such an easy way 4 way fps, it would kinda tempt me to look where someone else is on the map.

It happens a lot at PC lans you know? well the cheating bastards do at least..

I dont know if any of you will remember the game Trespasser for the PC, it was a "digital sequal" to The Lost World (Jurassic Park). Incase you've never heard of or played the game, it was played through a first person perspective, but using the mouse the player had full control over the character's right hand and could reach out into the game environment and pick up and use a variety of objects and throw them away.

The pace of the game was very slow and puzzle/exploration oriented and I believe it was one of the first games to feature a (usually) working physics system. Unfortunatley the game itself was, to put it mildly, utter bollocks, there were frequent glitches, the graphics were poor due to some bizarre Level of Detail system and the gameplay generally was dull and uninvolving.

Now, while the game was undoubtably bad I think a game with a similar design would work perfectly with the Revmote controller. Using the remote the player could physically "reach" into the game world, using the trigger on the underside of the remote grab hold of various items then move them around. Another problem with trespasser was the extremely complicated controls, using the Revolution controller to stack up boxes and create a makeshift staircase would be a breeze, the force feedback of the controller would be able to indicate impacts between objects in the game and I think it would make any similar game extremely immersive and fun to play.

Hopefully some of you will have played or seen Trespasser before so you will know what I'm talking about. To sum up a rather long post, I think this type of game is ideal for Revolution, what are your thoughts?

I really want Phantasy Star Universe to come out for the rev,having 2 Rev controls would be sweet,one control for the gun and the other for the sword,or 2 swords or 2 guns ,SEGA you better do what I say..... Yea a Harry Potter game would be good on but a new lylat wars would be better though >.<

Will it spoil the experience if we can all see where we all are? before I found that playing 4 player LAN was rad because you had to concentrate just enough on your own player and the controller.. now it's gonnna be 4 guys sitting on a sofa point controllers all around the place.

I don't think that would ever be a problem, Nintendo wouldn't make shoddy stuff.

4 Wavebirds don't get mixed up, so I don't reckon 4 revmotes would :) they could always have seperate channels like the wavebirds

At present, the Revolution is reported as only supporting 4 controllers at any one time; if a game required the player to use two simultaneously, you could only have two people playing on the one Revolution system at a time.

Ahh I believe this is because you can only have 7 controllers at 1 time. That is why the PS3 supports 7 controller ports because that is the max output. Its silly having an uneven amount though.

Guest Stefkov

im not really a fan, however i would love to see a tennis game on the rev. in third person or even first.

the only problem would be moving, becasueusing the analogue attachment would affect my idea of haing, the faster you move the controller the harder the hit. and it senses a tilt so you can do lobs and drop shots. it would maybe be a bit hard to get used to because the controller would only be the handle of the racket, but i think that would be good.

its probably been mentioned but a full blown baseball game would be good. there was a clip in the first video wasnt there where the person was playing baseball.

The one i would love to see would be a samurai or any type of sword game. like that guy in the clip it would be aweseom to swing a sword and some guys head comes off.

At present, the Revolution is reported as only supporting 4 controllers at any one time; if a game required the player to use two simultaneously, you could only have two people playing on the one Revolution system at a time.

That's true, but what happens if your playing LAN and there are more than 4 controllers? How does it distinguish one from the rest? The REV must be able to allow at least 16 different controllers at a time, because other wise, you couldn't play huge LAN games.

I'm pretty sure it can. Maybe a way to signify you have port 5 is to light up port 1 and 4. Hopefully they solve this problem, especially since they have DS like LAN gaming.

Guest Stefkov

im not really bothered for more than four ports, as i dont really know anyone who would come round and play it. however if there are games which need more than one controller to play then only wo people can play so your not getting the full four people.so maybe 8 ports would be an optionable extra, like the DVD player.

That's true, but what happens if your playing LAN and there are more than 4 controllers? How does it distinguish one from the rest? The REV must be able to allow at least 16 different controllers at a time, because other wise, you couldn't play huge LAN games.

I'm pretty sure it can. Maybe a way to signify you have port 5 is to light up port 1 and 4. Hopefully they solve this problem, especially since they have DS like LAN gaming.

You'd probably have to "register" each controller with the relevant Revolution system, they would then encode their signals so only that machine can communicate with that controller, even though they are on the same channels as another controller on another system.

I want to see point and clicks make a come-back. Secret of Monkey Island with gorgeous 3D backgrounds and models, with the revolution wand being used to look at and use things. It might be simple but it would be brilliant.