Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Star Wars Thread

Julius

Statement of intent from Lucasfilm Games, wanting to live up to their predecessors (and unsurprisingly more EA games inbound). Plenty more announcements on the way, too. 

Big shoes to fill, that's for sure. 

And a tweet from EA:

Edited by Julius

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, bob said:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/10/22277540/star-wars-severs-ties-the-mandalorian-gina-carano-cara-dune

Looks like Cara Dune won't be returning in Season 3 of the Mandalorian.

A bit of a shame in the context of the show more than anything. Sure, there's freedom of speech, but at the same time, maybe don't say anything stupid when working for The Mouse? Don't quite understand how so many take freedom of speech to mean "I can say anything without consequence". 

People comparing this to the James Gunn situation and him returning, but that seems different to me. Someone cherry picked his posts from many years ago, and Disney had the experience of working with him, so they would have been in a good place to know that he's a different person now, whereas Gina is pretty actively saying some stupid stuff. I haven't even looked up much of what she said this time around, I'm just thinking back to the nonsense about wearing masks. 

Oh well, I don't get it, but I guess this was important to her. Not sure what other outcome she was expecting, though. 

I was already surprised when she was in season 2. Controversial actress combined with a very dull character who wasn't closely associated with the main character anyway seemed easy to just leave alone.  I'm fine with Mando not needing to return to the original planet, with the other boring dude. Blue Neelix was the only interesting person there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

70 days to watch Clone Wars I guess :indeed::D

giphy.gif

Have you decided on a watch order yet?

I would say chronological order is the way to go (certainly helps with experiencing the earlier parts of the show I feel, when things hadn't quite just clicked into place, and also the presence of a certain Rodian senator), but saying that, I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity that Disney+ doesn't have the option to sort the show by order of events vs order of release (I also feel like they could do something similar with their MCU content, but maybe it's just me). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cube said:

Chronological order is best.

Some three episode arcs are strange. There are a few where the middle episode is in an early season...and the episodes immediately before and after are a few seasons later.

Yeah, can definitely be odd seeing the graphical style be somewhat refined going from one episode to another, before downgrading somewhat going into the next! :laughing:

• 1 month later...