NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

I've been wanting to do the Nightfall strike all week and had a crack at it with the guided gamers feature. Man, that thing takes ages to get going. I was sat waiting for 20 mins. Luckily I had my Switch and FIFA to keep me company. They should just put matchmaking in the thing.

I ended up playing with two Yanks. I had just plugged my headset in and one of them was already mouthing off at me ( dude thought I didn't have my headset in ) I sat listening to him waffle on ( kept my mic off ) about how bad I was and he kept blaming me for every death he had. The guy was an arrogant prick. It got the point where I wasn't even trying and quite frankly hoped we would fail the thing just to annoy him. We ended up failing and he was screaming down his mic blaming me. Turns out I had the most kills in the game. I turned my mic on and just burst out laughing down my headset. The guy didn't know what to say. I left soon after that. :D

I did manage to get it done later in the day, though. Still, it didn't exactly leave me with a great impression of Guided Games. I really hate playing with randomers. More often than not they are absolute morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Isnt the whole point of the guided games feature that you can rate the people at the end so eventually crappy people just get matched with other crappy people?

Just now, Happenstance said:

Isnt the whole point of the guided games feature that you can rate the people at the end so eventually crappy people just get matched with other crappy people?

I thought the whole idea was that you have 2 people who will be helpful and show people the ropes, not hurl abuse at them as soon as the game started. Either way, I didn't see any rating feature but then I pretty much dashboarded after leaving the fireteam.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I thought the whole idea was that you have 2 people who will be helpful and show people the ropes, not hurl abuse at them as soon as the game started. Either way, I didn't see any rating feature but then I pretty much dashboarded after leaving the fireteam.

Sorry yeah thats what I meant by crappy, not skill level but level of help they provide. I assume its because its still early on but I had heard the idea was that people who throw insults etc basically get pushed down to the bottom of the pack and only get paired with people who have similar ratings.

Anyone up for potentially doing Nightfall with me and possibly Deathjam at some point this eve?

42 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Anyone up for potentially doing Nightfall with me and possibly Deathjam at some point this eve?

What time? I've ran it a few times now and will happily lend a hand if done at a reasonable time.

48 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What time? I've ran it a few times now and will happily lend a hand if done at a reasonable time.

Not 100% sure but I think Deathjam has also said @MilaGi may join - have you guys both done it for this week already? I've also agreed to now do it with a Psychick and BrokeGod but my priority atm is folks who haven't done it here!

1 hour ago, Rummy said:

Not 100% sure but I think Deathjam has also said @MilaGi may join - have you guys both done it for this week already? I've also agreed to now do it with a Psychick and BrokeGod but my priority atm is folks who haven't done it here!

I've already done it with my Hunter and Warlock, so i'm cool to sit it out if you want to do it with @Hero-of-Time :D

Not 100% sure but I think Deathjam has also said [mention=8946]MilaGi[/mention] may join - have you guys both done it for this week already? I've also agreed to now do it with a Psychick and BrokeGod but my priority atm is folks who haven't done it here!

I haven’t done the nightfall no

Ahhh, was about to say jump in with me and Psychick but I see you guys have managed to get together! I think communication around destiny has got a bit fractured with here, psn, destiny app and personal comms too! We didn't manage it; let me know how you get on!

11 hours ago, Rummy said:

Ahhh, was about to say jump in with me and Psychick but I see you guys have managed to get together! I think communication around destiny has got a bit fractured with here, psn, destiny app and personal comms too! We didn't manage it; let me know how you get on!

@Deathjam and I had to run the 2 normal strikes first to unlock the Nightfall, so @Map kindly helped us get through them quickly. By the time we'd finished we saw that you'd already started the Nightfall with Psychick and BrokeGod, so we ended up going ahead with it.

Got it done in the end. Two titans with pulse grenades helped massively!

• Like 2

As [mention=8946]milagi[/mention] said, it was no problem. With the modifiers, it was running the risk of actually being fun!

• Like 2

Glad to hear you did well. And yeah, pulse grenades are definitely the way!

Glad to hear you did well. And yeah, pulse grenades are definitely the way!

Yes the pulse grenades shred. Must be heading for a nerf

3 hours ago, Deathjam said:

Yes the pulse grenades shred. Must be heading for a nerf

Maybe, but sunbreaker plus exotic chest piece and mods, I have 25 second grenades and even quicker if I’m in a sunspot. 

• Like 1

Holiday today in Germany.

Wanted to play some Destiny 2. But Bungie says: "FUCK YOU!"

These 800 hours maintenance every week have to stop...

• Like 1

Going to the gym. 

My copy destiny decided to reset itself prior to the firmware update lol.

All working fine again but it had to re-download the patch and reinstall like new. Some of those artworks are stuff we have not yet seen.

Anyone up for the nightfall tonight?

Haven't played this in a long time... :D

Oh my God...

@Hero-of-Time Something's wrong with my internet connection. Don't wait for me...

I'm calling my internet provider to see what's going on. -.-

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Oh my God...

@Hero-of-Time Something's wrong with my internet connection. Don't wait for me...

I'm calling my internet provider to see what's going on. -.-

No probs. Maybe next time.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No probs. Maybe next time.

Wanna hear something funny?

The last time I wanted to play Destiny 2: Maintenance by Bungie.

This time: Maintenance by my lovely internet provider.

"Didn't you get the letter? The maintenance will end around midnight. You may experience loss of connection for the next few hours."

tenor.gif

Edited by drahkon