N-Europe

Old Game Boxes & Manuals

I've kept all my boxes and manuals from N64 onwards in great condition in a big chest of drawers in my room. I've been wanting to do a clear out recently and am just wondering how much I really want to keep the things.

I definitely want to keep the games themselves, are the boxes and manuals worth anything on their own? It seems a shame to chuck them all out after keeping them safe for so long, it'd be nice if they could go to a collector who really cares about them.

I've kept all my boxes and manuals from N64 onwards in great condition in a big chest of drawers in my room. I've been wanting to do a clear out recently and am just wondering how much I really want to keep the things.

I definitely want to keep the games themselves, are the boxes and manuals worth anything on their own? It seems a shame to chuck them all out after keeping them safe for so long, it'd be nice if they could go to a collector who really cares about them.

Whatever you do, please don't chuck away game boxes and manuals as I can tell you now, they are most definitely worth money, in some cases not a huge amount but in rare cases a fair bit. :)

Personally I enjoy keeping the game boxes for the majority of my collection, there's something satisfying about having them all lined up in excellent condition. :D

I know it's not for everyone though... if you do decide that you don't want to keep certain games boxes/manuals in your collection any more, I would definitely be interested depending on which ones you have. : peace:

There are plenty of other members on here who would be interested as well I would have thought so just something to consider. :smile:

Don't throw them away! They massively increase the value of the games. Just look on Ebay and you can see the price difference between boxed and unboxed carts, especially when it comes to Nintendo goods. Many people either threw those cardboard boxes out or didn't take care of them, as such they aren't as many around compared to Sega stuff.

I'll say again, DON'T THROW THEM AWAY!

I know it's not for everyone though... if you do decide that you don't want to keep certain games boxes/manuals in your collection any more, I would definitely be interested depending on which ones you have. : peace:

I'd also be interested as I'd love to be in a position where I no longer have any games that aren't boxed and complete :smile:

I would recommend that you keep them and take good care of them, though :hehe:

Don't throw them away they add to the value at the very least

surely you can flatten them down carefully? most boxes allow this

Most boxes will allow for this but I wouldn't recommend it if you're doing this with a rare N64 or SNES game box as they likely won't be the same again... they might be fine but if it's a rare game I wouldn't risk it but probably fine for general titles I guess but then you also have the cardboard trays as well which don't flatten that well.

I collect games, I would happily pay you for them! DO NOT FLATTEN THEM OR THROW THEM OUT!

I have hundreds of boxed games from the NES, SNES and N64 era. I would love to add to it further.