NEurope

I am starting to wonder if Sony got pricing wrong? It seems a little too low given all the Brexit price rises.

I feel very confident in that Sony made a mistake.

Edited by Choze

Too low?

I mean, if they have, who cares? Better for us?

Especially at £332, LOL

I am starting to wonder if Sony got pricing wrong? It seems a little too low given all the Brexit price rises.

I feel very confident in that Sony made a mistake.

What Brexit price rises? Has the cost of consumer electronics i.e tvs, laptops etc increased since the referendum?

I don't understand why it's an issue that the prices are low according to Choze? Aren't lower prices better for everyone!

I think he was worried they would realise if they'd made a mistake and put the prices up again, perhaps without honoring the old price.

I don't think Choze is complaining, just thinking it's been announced wrong.

Edit: What bob said.

If you've already made payment isn't it illegal to up the price and charge the new amount?

I'm not sure, but I've seen lots of tales of shops accidentally charging 20p for twelve crates of beer and then not honouring it when thousands try and buy it.

Most online stores have a pre-order price promise so you won't end up paying more than the price when you pre-ordered it.

When are we expecting to see places like Digital Foundry get their hands on the machine?

Well I know it's not legal in the states, though probably still a fight to get them to honor it.

What Brexit price rises? Has the cost of consumer electronics i.e tvs, laptops etc increased since the referendum?

Well to be fair once we actually leave the EU( after a few years or whatever out highly organised politicians agree ) is when shit hits the fan. Right now its mostly currency based fluctuations due to the vote and business is normal. Its not shocking that some companies make mistakes with pricing lol. I do think given that its a Japanese company its funny. Tech prices are only going one way though and its up. Makes the Uk less attractive to business in for the gaming industry. Pachter actually gave a good talk about this.

Also Nintendo Switch fans may want to set slightly different pricing expectations or a very limited supply chain compared to other countries :p

Edited by Choze

Well to be fair once we actually leave the EU( after a few years or whatever out highly organised politicians agree ) is when shit hits the fan. Right now its mostly currency based fluctuations due to the vote and business is normal. Its not shocking that some companies make mistakes with pricing lol. I do think given that its a Japanese company its funny. Tech prices are only going one way though and its up. Makes the Uk less attractive to business in for the gaming industry. Pachter actually gave a good talk about this.

Also Nintendo Switch fans may want to set slightly different pricing expectations or a very limited supply chain compared to other countries :p

Exactly what I thought so we have yet to see any dramatic price rises since the referendum. Although, I am sure it will happen.

Ah, yes that was quick. Consider that payback for that awesome moment when we played Ninja at the Meet! :laughing:

Consider us even!

I don't think anything I do in my life will live up to that epic ninja moment to be honest :heh:

Exactly what I thought so we have yet to see any dramatic price rises since the referendum. Although, I am sure it will happen.

I would say Apple increasing the price of their current/old range of computers by £500 is a fairly dramatic price rise!

I would say Apple increasing the price of their current/old range of computers by £500 is a fairly dramatic price rise!

I would say Apple dramatically overcharges for their products and would possible use any excuse in order to do so.

I would say Apple dramatically overcharges for their products and would possible use any excuse in order to do so.

Right, and the excuse is Brexit/weak pound...

Right, and the excuse is Brexit/weak pound...

Lets talk about this in the Brexit thread!!

Media outlets are starting to receive PS4 Pro consoles so we should hopefully start seeing some hands on impressions this week.