NEurope
Hero-of-Time

E3 2016 General Thread

I'm being incredibly pessimistic and predicting that the NX won't be released before the next E3 anyway, I think it will end up coming out next November and they'll use E3 to hype it as normal. The whole March release just seems so weird. Hope i'm wrong though, because any further delay to the NX would surely cause a further delay to Zelda U.

Sony's announcement that they won't be showing the Neo sort of dampens expectations about this E3, which can only be a good thing really. I'll be going into the conferences not really expecting much beyond a gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue III, so any further surprises will just be a bonus.

Only thing I'm worried about is if my 6 mb/s internet holds up while I'm streaming Euro 2016 matches and E3 press conferences at the same time.

Now my hype is at a maximum level. The next two days will be glorious.

Taking a break from studying and inbetween the conferences it's time for EURO 2016 and The Witcher 3. : peace:

Just a shame the the 5th game of the NBA finals starts at the same time as the Sony press conference. :blank:

Edit: What I really don't want to see: Those game announcement already made taking too much time during the conferences...yes, show us a trailer, but that's it. Give us new stuff.

Edited by drahkon

Easy Allies E3 coverage begins at 12 noon PST (8pm UK/9pm CET) with their EA preview show, followed by live coverage of the EA conference. The Bethesda conference follows at 7pm PST (3am UK/4am CET).

I think I'll definitely put the EA one on while I have the Germany game on, but not sure i'll last the night to watch Bethesda's.

Just so we have the UK times all in one place:

Sunday 12th June

Electronic Arts - 21:00

Monday 13th June

Bethesda - 03:00

Kadokawa - 05:30

Microsoft - 17:30

PC gaming show - 19:30

Ubisoft - 21:00

Tuesday 14th June

Sony - 02:00

Nintendo Treehouse Live - 17:00

Looks like more Ori is on the cards.

[TWEET]742044954210471936[/TWEET]

Will Microsoft have any surprises left for tomorrow? :D They are getting worse and worse in terms of keeping their stuff secret.

Just so we have the UK times all in one place:

Sunday 12th June

Electronic Arts - 21:00

Monday 13th June

Bethesda - 03:00

Kadokawa - 05:30

Microsoft - 17:30

PC gaming show - 19:30

Ubisoft - 21:00

Tuesday 14th June

Sony - 02:00

Nintendo Treehouse Live - 17:00

Updated the original post to include these and RedShell's countdowns.

Looks like more Ori is on the cards.

[TWEET]742044954210471936[/TWEET]

Will Microsoft have any surprises left for tomorrow? :D They are getting worse and worse in terms of keeping their stuff secret.

At this stage, so is everyone :D

The way things have been leaked, the biggest unannounced games to be announced this year could come from Nintendo (in the way of Mother 3 or just having flat out lied to us about the NX which they are actually going to be showing or EA - the Internet will likely explode with the expected Battlefront II remaster!!! new game announcement and some more news concerning their Star Wars licensed properties.

Seems like everyone went all out for prE3, there can't be that many surprises left, surely?

Jeff Gerstmann was talking about the leaks on his live stream of his drive to E3 yesterday and saying that while a lot of stuff has leaked, a lot of the stuff that will be showing at the conferences has still been kept under wraps. Thats obviously changed a bit today with the latest leaks but its good to know that there should still be quite a few surprises.

BOOM! Apparently we can only play as the guy in the trailer...AND only start in the Prem...

EDIT: the lighting on this EA pre-show is DREADFUL

Edited by Julius Caesar

The applause over "managers" has to go down as one as one of the worst E3 moments ever.

Will fellow gamers be in the N-E chat during the Sony conference? :)

Will fellow gamers be in the N-E chat during the Sony conference? :)

Indeed.

I was in party chat with lostmario and my nephew for the EA conference. Good times.

Was Snoop Dogg just smoking a spliff while playing Battlefield? :D

Was Snoop Dogg just smoking a spliff while playing Battlefield? :D

Listening to them saying "look at the concentration" as Snoop Dogg runs into a wall constantly with a glazed look in his eyes was incredible.

Gah, I really want to watch the Sony one live but I can't because of work.

Would one of you kind people be willing to help a brother out here? Can one of you PM me or email me a link to the conference afterwards? So I can watch it later on after work? Trying to stay spoiler free here.

I think we'll do the annual takeaway plus conference tradition. Indian, maybe?

I'm in the mood now after that EA showing!

I'm sure someone will help you out Flink, but i'll probably be online here late afternoon on Tuesday, so if no one has sent you it just PM me and i'll send you a link.

That EA conference was so dull, glad I only had it on in the background while I watched the Germany game. Fifa 17's new story mode looks pretty good, and Battlefield 1 is looking really nice from this multiplayer demo they're doing, but the press conference itself did so many things wrong. Too much talk, not enough game footage.

How bad was that EA conference? Awful and sums up the real issue with the industry, revealing games waaaaay too early before they're ready to be shown.

There's no way Mass Effect is out by the start of next year. It doesn't look anywhere near to being finished. The Star Wars games, apart from some concept art and a few seconds of footage, we didn't see anything. Visceral's game is two years away, and that's before the inevitable delay which seems to affect every AAA game these days.

FIFA story mode looked cool, and I say that as someone who isn't into football.

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield look amazing, but more shooters, meh.

The most interesting part of that conference was Fe. That genuinely looked new and exciting.

Terrible conference overall, such a disappointment, especially the lack of proper Mass Effect content. The least they could have done is finally hear the cry for a remastered trilogy on current gen, but we didn't even get that.

Meh

I didn't watch but Play to Give is fucking fantastic. We need more of that from others and its wonderful EA is trading off their huge games for it.

Edited by Ashley

It's been like this for the last few years but not to this extent. It seems like every publisher is eager to be seen as early as possible. Then you have Sony and Nintendo both telling people what they will and won't be showing. I would say Microsoft have been pretty quiet but, as usual, a bunch of their stuff has already been leaked. We are now getting teaser trailers for E3 trailers! TBH, it's all getting a bit stupid.

I feel at this rate the only way anything would be left as a surprise for a person is if they avoided the internet for a couple of weeks before E3 and just tuned into the live conferences.

So long as we get epic surprise reveals like last year, I am OK with other stuff being revealed.

Fell asleep before the end of the Bethesda conference but what I saw of it was really good, almost the total opposite to EA. Skyrim Remaster looks really good, haven't played it for ages so I'm definitely on board.

I haven't looked for any leaks, but apparently the entire content of the Microsoft conference has leaked? What the hell is going on over there? So many holes they need to plug.

Fell asleep before the end of the Bethesda conference but what I saw of it was really good, almost the total opposite to EA. Skyrim Remaster looks really good, haven't played it for ages so I'm definitely on board.

I haven't looked for any leaks, but apparently the entire content of the Microsoft conference has leaked? What the hell is going on over there? So many holes they need to plug.

Yeah, NerdLeaks have apparently got a hold of everything that is going to be announced. Microsoft has always been the worst in terms of keeping their conference stuff secret but this year has shown a whole new level of incompetence.

@Hero\-of\-Time, will you be on party chat for the conference?

Yeah, NerdLeaks have apparently got a hold of everything that is going to be announced. Microsoft has always been the worst in terms of keeping their conference stuff secret but this year has shown a whole new level of incompetence.

At least now they can use LinkedIn to find people that are endorsed for secret keeping.

Clubs, Arena, and Looking for Group on Xbox Live sound really cool. Great additions to the service.

Sony needs to follow :D