NEurope
Hero-of-Time

E3 2016 General Thread

Another person asked just what the hell Nintendo sites are supposed to write about during E3? For a lot of sites E3 is when they get most of their traffic and with only one game on the show floor, there will be very little to write about.

It seems like Nintendo only sites may struggle for content and conversation pieces in the coming months.

As if there isn't already fuck all to write about, anyway.

I agree with Tphi.

[tweet]728202174568763392[/tweet]

Maybe it's time for Gamescom to take the role of biggest and most influential gaming expo.

I wrote this in the Zelda thread but it fits better here.

I agree with Tphi.

[tweet]728202174568763392[/tweet]

Yeah, baffling.

The only saving grace is that we MAY get a return of a Spaceworld type show from Nintendo.

Yeah, baffling.

The only saving grace is that we MAY get a return of a Spaceworld type show from Nintendo.

I do hope they bring back the Spaceworld name and make it a proper event with this post E3 event they're planning. If they're willing to bring back the Nintendo World Championships, then why not go full hog and bring back Spaceworld and make it a yearly event again!

I'm honestly baffled by this decision and can't see what they hope to gain from it. They have a fairly decent 3DS lineup on the way and I was hoping to get more details and dates from the likes of Dragon Quest 7 & 8, Monster Hunter Generations and Pokemon Sun & Moon.

Whelp! Guess E3's dead to me now!

Probably won't even watch the Zelda event. Why bother spoiling half the game for myself? :heh:

I'm honestly baffled by this decision and can't see what they hope to gain from it. They have a fairly decent 3DS lineup on the way and I was hoping to get more details and dates from the likes of Dragon Quest 7 & 8, Monster Hunter Generations and Pokemon Sun & Moon.

Exactly! We know they have stuff to show, so why not show it? It's completely barmy!

Urgh E3 is exhausting. Can we not?

Proof that Nintendo do listen!

Can you imagine the hype if this ended up just being a scheme to make people think Nintendo were only going to show Zelda at E3, but then they actually did a full-on press conference complete with loads of new Wii U and 3DS titles and then the NX reveal!? :D

Not gonna happen, I know. But just imagine if it did...

That would easily top the reaction to Twilight Princess from 2004. :hehe:

Well, I'm a Zelda fan, but it's not my favourite Nintendo franchise, nor am I interested in seeing the game ruined for me. I'd much rather watch a 5-minute recap video on any features that come out during the stream.

Well, looks like we're getting a Sun and Moon blowout in CoroCoro, right? Right?!

Wouldn't be too surprised if Pokémon held their own livestream or dropper a trailer that day. Nintendo needs to do something.

Anything.

Literally having people cut out a paper Mario would make this better.

Can you imagine the hype if this ended up just being a scheme to make people think Nintendo were only going to show Zelda at E3, but then they actually did a full-on press conference complete with loads of new Wii U and 3DS titles and then the NX reveal!? :D

Not gonna happen, I know. But just imagine if it did...

That would easily top the reaction to Twilight Princess from 2004. :hehe:

I was thinking the same thing the other day after they mentioned they wouldn't be showing the NX. It would be hilarious. :D

Another thought that crossed my mind is I wonder what 3rd parties think of all of this? Things like Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and Zero Escape could have been promoted in a Digital Event, but as it stands it doesn't seem like they will. 3rd parties can't be happy with not getting any kind of spotlight in the biggest gaming show of the year.

I was thinking the same thing the other day after they mentioned they wouldn't be showing the NX. It would be hilarious. :D

Another thought that crossed my mind is I wonder what 3rd parties think of all of this? Things like Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and Zero Escape could have been promoted in a Digital Event, but as it stands it doesn't seem like they will. 3rd parties can't be happy with not getting any kind of spotlight in the biggest gaming show of the year.

Yeah, it's just sure a bizarre situation this year. :hmm:

Did some countdowns anyway...

Microsoft Conference:

[countdown=06/13/2016 5:30 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

Ubisoft Conference:

[countdown=06/13/2016 9:00 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

Sony Conference:

[countdown=06/14/2016 2:00 AM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

Nintendo Zelda thingy:

[countdown=06/14/2016 5:00 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

::shrug:

Edited by RedShell

Sony have finally confirmed their E3 conference date and time. :yay:

[tweet]732319130641014784[/tweet]

Same as always. Looks like it's another 2am start for us UKers.

Think I'll give it a miss this year. Not too fussed as I'm not even starting on the backlog of games I have just at the mo.

I need to get back into single-player gaming somehow... as it is, I just don't want to start any game.

I'm being thick, is that 2am on the Tuesday for us? When is Nintendo's zelda thing (UK date and time)

I'm being thick, is that 2am on the Tuesday for us? When is Nintendo's zelda thing (UK date and time)

Yeah, 2am on Tuesday morning. The Zelda thing is 5pm on the same Tuesday.

Yeah, 2am on Tuesday morning. The Zelda thing is 5pm on the same Tuesday.

Ahhh I see. I'm tempted to have Mon-Weds off work then for some good solid quality gaming time :)

I was going to have the week off but too much is happening at work for me to be able to. As usual I'm just going to have to watch the conference live then go into work really, really tired lol

The official e3 Twitter account has posted a picture with all the conference dates and times on...Tuesday 14th June at 9am is "Nintendo Direct"...

Didn't they get the memo, or didn't we?!

1) About Resident Evil 7: Yes, it's in development. The entire game will go back to RE's horror roots and (essentially) be a clean slate.

2) They will show it at E3. The RE7 team hired Jordan Amaro, a designer who previously worked on MGS V and P. T. at Kojima Productions.

Interesting.

The clean slate sounds like it could be a big reboot of the series. While I love the lore of the older games it doesn't surprise me if they wanted to start from scratch. There's far too much baggage to the series now.

Time to book some time off for E3 as per usual. Still don't quite understand why Nintendo only seemingly want to show off Zelda only. E3 is a perfect time to reveal the NX.

I starting to really look forward to what Sony will bring to the table this year. Last years conference was the year of dreams and I don't think they will be able to top it. However, getting to see more on Horizon, The Last Guardian and Detroit will be great. There's then the rumour of Sucker Punch, Santa Monica Studios and Sony Bend finally showing the goods. Hopefully more footage of Final Fantasy ( VII, XV and World ) will be shown off, as well as Kingdom Hearts.

While most people are excited at the prospect of Crash Bandicoot possibly returning, I would completely lose it if Capcom showed up on stage with a HD version of Monster Hunter Generations for the PS4. Do it, Capcom!

I wonder if there will be any special PS2 HD games released during E3?

*Prays for Onimusha collection and Final Fantasy XII*

Still don't quite understand why Nintendo only seemingly want to show off Zelda only. E3 is a perfect time to reveal the NX.

I think they are carrying out an experiment to see just how much mindshare they can lose in a single generation. :D

Interesting.

The clean slate sounds like it could be a big reboot of the series. While I love the lore of the older games it doesn't surprise me if they wanted to start from scratch. There's far too much baggage to the series now.

A fresh approach is probably the only way to lure me back to the franchise as it currently holds no interest for me after the mighty Resident Evil 4. Even entries that supposedly get it right, for the most part, such as Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, just don't seem to do anything for me :hmm:

For me, it's not about going back to the old style but rather trying to carve out a more unsettling type of horror game but I'm not sure if Resident Evil is the correct franchise for that. P.T. looked promising and I'm a little disappointed that I never got to at least try it out!

A number of crazy rumours abound in reference to new Xbox models. Reportedly could be up to 4 times more powerful than the current Xbox One. Sheer brute force.

If only Nintendo weren't shy, then this E3 could be totally unreal.

A number of crazy rumours abound in reference to new Xbox models. Reportedly could be up to 4 times more powerful than the current Xbox One. Sheer brute force.

If only Nintendo weren't shy, then this E3 could be totally unreal.

Even without Nintendo, this E3 could be totally unreal!

Mind you though, it would be funny if both Neo and Scorpio turned out to be no shows in the end :laughing: