NEurope
Hero-of-Time

E3 2016 General Thread

I've been enjoying Geoff Keighley's coverage so far. Plenty of guests and showing of games. Is it on for the remainder of the week or just today?

Sorry if I'm way behind the times, but has Knee scrapped the chat feature? Would've been keen to stay up for the conference.

Forum is asleep, so it is with a heavy heart that I will duck this one out. Enjoy it, y'all.

Forum is asleep, so it is with a heavy heart that I will duck this one out. Enjoy it, y'all.

I'm still awake.

Granted I'm doing work and about to go to bed but...

Yeah I'll just catch up in the morning.

Sony just totally slaying it right now, that 'The Last Guardian' trailer was incredible and the live orchestra is fantastic. Hit after hit.

EDIT: Bombs have been dropped. Sony killed it again and there's still a load left.

Edited by killthenet

That is how you put on an E3 press conference. We thought last year was a high water mark, but this was arguably better. It still had the surprises, but there was so little talking and hyperbole, it was just trailers and gameplay of AAA titles. I was on the fence about when to get a PS4 and whether or not I should get PS VR, but i'm definitely going to get a PS4 as soon as I can and the PS VR before January.

Just outstanding.

Perfect conference.

Great mix of old and new with impeccable delivery, i.e. almost no talking and 95% trailers.

I can't even count the number of games I wanted from that presser. It was one of the best E3 conferences I've ever watched!

Sums E3 up perfectly:

[tweet]742539409334009857[/tweet]

I loved the orchestra but honestly preferred the xbox event. I kinda like an in-depth look for some things, the constant trailers started to make it feel like I was sat in a cinema waiting for a movie. E3 fluff can be tiresome but I think this went too far the other way.

That said, the games on show looked awesome, though I was a bit disappointed with the Crash section. It's great we're getting remakes but the big Crash intro made me think we were getting a new game.

As amazing as it was, I don't play games that much now that I'm old and stuck in my ways. I can't see myself getting much of what MS or Sony showed off, and Nintendo are pretty much absent this year, so I hope SEGA has some cool stuff to show.

Rumour has it the Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal was supposed to be at the end of Sony's press conference but was cut due to the shooting in the US and some of the content of the trailer. That's why Days Gone was shown twice.

Looking at the trailers, Sony seems to have way more stuff than Microsoft. And even their sequels look much better done. God of War 4 looks like they're doing something new with it (unlike Gears 4, which is the same tired old thing).

What are your games of E3 so far then?

For me, it has to be Bound. The animation and lighting is drop-dead gorgeous.

Rumour has it the Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal was supposed to be at the end of Sony's press conference but was cut due to the shooting in the US and some of the content of the trailer. That's why Days Gone was shown twice.

Where'd you hear that?

Where'd you hear that?

Another forum which had links from Reddit. Unfortunately I'm at work now so cant find them at the moment, I'll try when get home.

South Park, Horizon, God of War and Detroit.

Spiderman and Sea of Thieves. Shame you have to have two systems to buy them both.

Maybe it's just me but from what was announced at Sony's presser, it didn't exactly get me excited as last year's one did. Things I was hoping to hear about (WiLD for example) didn't turn up and while it's true there could be news/trailer/etc. in the coming days, there wasn't a huge amount I took away from the Sony conference. Sure, Horizon and Bound look good, I'm very happy to have a date for The Last Guardian release and I'll no doubt pick them up along with Detroit when it comes but I was, perhaps wrongly, expecting a bit more ::shrug:

South Park looked great though. Probably my game of E3 so far. If it wasn't for how lacklustre I found The Division, I'd maybe interested in Ghost Recon but not so much now. Steep looked nice as well though, can see that being something I pick up and enjoying just to play mindlessly for half an hour or so when finishing work. Interested to see more on how they run that one and the degree to which they use online connectivity.

I think 'Sea Of Thieves', 'Steep' and 'God Of War' have been the gameplay demos that have impressed me the most, but the RE7, The Last Guardian and Death Stranding trailers were some of my favourite moments.

Seeing the Easy Allies reaction when the RE7 title dropped was incredible, especially Huber and Ben.

The Last Guardian

Horizon

Spiderman

Sea of Theives

God of War

Zelda..? We'll see soon enough!

I loved the orchestra but honestly preferred the xbox event. I kinda like an in-depth look for some things, the constant trailers started to make it feel like I was sat in a cinema waiting for a movie. E3 fluff can be tiresome but I think this went too far the other way.

I think my preferred approach would be a load of trailers, with maybe one or two in-depth things if they are particularly impressive, and then publicly release more in-depth videos on the internet afterwards.

Problem is as soon as you come to a game you don't like you might suddenly have to sit through nearly 10 minutes of it and it drags.