N-Europe

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (All Platforms)

Hero-of-Time

• 1 month later...
Looks very nice, will definitely be looking at picking this up at some point. I wonder if it has an open world element like Lego Marvel or whether it's just got a small hub you go to the levels through.

Here are a few details that I stole from Gaf.

Details:

18 levels in total. 11 based on the film. 7 "prequels to the film" levels.

BB8 can attack by "charging up and charging into enemies"

40 playable vehicles

Five hub worlds including Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and the Millennium Falcon. Fifth one not mentioned. D'Qar (Rebel Base location)?

200 characters or more to collect and customize based on VII "and more"

I imagine they will be smaller hub worlds, rather than one massive one like the Marvel or Batman games.

Loads times might be one. Think these games have always been local co-op only right?

They used to have online co-op in the early games but they completely ditched it soon after. I think only 1 or 2 of the games supported it. Shame. :(

@dazzybee the Lego games tend to have season passes and DLC now. I'm not sure if the Wii U versions support these things. I usually get these games on another console so i'm not sure what the situation is when it comes to extra content on the Wii U versions.

The PS4 version does have an exclusive level and droid character pack, though. I think Sony have a deal with them for this stuff. Pretty sure there was exclusive content on the PS4 version of Lego Avengers, as well.

• 3 months later...

So I assume everyone is waiting for the price drop :p

I was going to do that too, but after finishing Odin Sphere I didn't know what else to do but clearing the backlog. And although I did finish up one game I rather continuing on with something new to do. So I went on a shopping spree and bought this, Ratchet and Clank HD and Lego Dimensions.

Having started this on Monday, I'm already done with the story and am now going for the 100%. It's been great fun so far, classic lego really. You know what you get. I have watched the movie twice but I am not exactly too well known about the universe. Not actually sure I've watched all the movies either. Regardless I've enjoyed both the levels based on the movie and the backstory what-happened-before-the-movie levels.

Only complaint I have is that this and the past games are getting too many characters. It's a pain sometimes to find the one character with the one special ability between over 200 characters, at least until you can remember where they are in the large character menu. Pro-tip, after sometime I learned that they are listed alpabetically. So if you can remember the whathisname has x ability, you can look him a lot quicker.

Edited by Tales

So I assume everyone is waiting for the price drop :p

Only complaint I have is that this and the past games are getting too many characters. It's a pain sometimes to find the one character with the one special ability between over 200 characters, at least until you can remember where they are in the large character menu. Pro-tip, after sometime I learned that they are listed alpabetically. So if you can remember the whathisname has x ability, you can look him a lot quicker.

Yeah, I usually wait until the Lego games drop to around £20 before buying them.

What I tend to do when playing these games is to leave all the character buying until last. I only buy the ones I need to complete all the levels and then buy the rest of them once i've done everything else. Doing it this way stops you having to guess what ability the new characters have and just lets you use the ones you are used to using, without having to cycle through countless others to get to them.

I agree, the charm of the lego games was how they told the story without voices, using just mime.

I tried playing the demo with my wife, but she lost interest a bit. I think you have to pick and choose which lego games to try, as there are so many of them. I'll probably wait for one that grabs me more.

Started playing this today, and as a massive Star Wars fan, I fell in love pretty quickly. Never played a Lego game before so the progression system, mini hubs and collectibles were very confusing at first (and still are to be fair), also the game does a terrible job of explaining things to you, which doesn't help. Regardless, absolutely loving it. Visually it's just beautiful, and the voice acting is superb. Really feels like I'm interacting with the film. Also the Tie Fighter assault on the Finaliser was more exciting than Peppy's mission in Starfox Zero IMO, though the Star Wars thing might be a big reason for that.

Also it would be nice if the map had a legend, no idea what any of those symbols are. I guess I'll figure out the way the game is laid out eventually...