NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart League 2016

Go on then, sign me up for some insanity please. :D

@BowserBasher, could you send me all the results you have from last week, they will just have to do unfortunately. Due to connection problems, I will collate last weeks and this weeks results into one post and release the league table when they are ready, hopefully some time this weekend.

Now onto another matter, with the league growing bigger we need to decide what is best. As my solution didn't seem like the best one, I am leaving it up to you. Below are a few options, if you could all comment on which you think is best and the highest vote wins, I don't mind you sending me a message to keep it unanimous. You can also add your own answer:

1. Carry on with 2 groups

2. Cut off at 12/24 and others become reserves

3. Only have two groups when there is 20 or more players (10 per group)

4. Put CPUs on when we have less than 10 in a group

5. Any other option you can think of

Theme is up, see you all tomorrow

@BowserBasher, could you send me all the results you have from last week, they will just have to do unfortunately. Due to connection problems, I will collate last weeks and this weeks results into one post and release the league table when they are ready, hopefully some time this weekend.

Now onto another matter, with the league growing bigger we need to decide what is best. As my solution didn't seem like the best one, I am leaving it up to you. Below are a few options, if you could all comment on which you think is best and the highest vote wins, I don't mind you sending me a message to keep it unanimous. You can also add your own answer:

How did you do it, @lostmario ?

Seemed to work then.

I like it when there are CPUs as it's not that often that I finish last :D, but I don't know if it shows the fair results.

I am for 2 groups. Maybe you could put the better guys in one group, and the less good (this is a diplomatic sentence :D) in the second group and then the last from the better group could go down and the winner from the second group goes up, or something like that, depends how many people there are.

It would also let the good players compete properly while otherwise it could be to easy for them against us.

The final table could be calculated including only the TOP group results.

Edited by Kounan

I say keep it two groups, but make sure the top placers are together while the bottom group play together.

In other words, how it was done last year.

Personally, I think leaving people out should be avoided whenever possible.

I'm also with the idea of 2 tiers, higher and lower. But numbers should be divided evenly. We had 19 racers last week. 9 and 10 would have been better than 7 and 12 IMO.

I'll get them to you tomorrow.

As for what to do, I thinks it's always been is best. That being the table split in two with the top half in one group and the bottom half in the other.

How did you do it, @lostmario ?

Seemed to work then.

Alright then, I'll give my expert advice as I had 40+ playing at one time each week and ran it for years... YEARS!!!

1. Only have 2 groups if you have at least 16 signed up, 8 in each group should be the minimum.

2. If you have less than 16, make those reserves and notify them ASAP if someone drops out.

3. See 1

4. Never use CPU players in the league

5. No other options needed.

I don't quite understand why you are changing something that worked well for years. Don't change something thats not broken.

But end of the day, its your league now so you can run it how you like.

Regarding how you split the groups, do it by league positions, it gives those who don't win often a chance. Only have 1 league table though.

Edited by lostmario

Alright then, I'll give my expert advice as I had 40+ playing at one time each week and ran it for years... YEARS!!!

1. Only have 2 groups if you have at least 16 signed up, 8 in each group should be the minimum.

2. If you have less than 16, make those reserves and notify them ASAP if someone drops out.

3. See 1

4. Never use CPU players in the league

5. No other options needed.

I don't quite understand why you are changing something that worked well for years. Don't change something thats not broken.

But end of the day, its your league now so you can run it how you like.

Regarding how you split the groups, do it by league positions, it gives those who don't win often a chance. Only have 1 league table though.

Not that I want to change it, just I think that we have been having a full group and its been chaos, good chaos though. With the league growing again, I guess most people thought the games got a little boring with only 7/8 players in a group again

Not that I want to change it, just I think that we have been having a full group and its been chaos, good chaos though. With the league growing again, I guess most people thought the games got a little boring with only 7/8 players in a group again

7/8 in a group is fine, especially if you split the groups based on the league positions.

I said 8 in a group as a minimum because with disconnections and no shows, you don't want to end up with less than 6.

Remember, I'm always here if you need advice.

um... I just realised, I wasn't able to join this week due to work commitments... which have changed.. which means I can be IN this week - if there is space that is.

Another suggestion, if when there are 13-15 players you have 1-3 reserves, may I suggest the players with highest % attendance get priority over those like myself? Just seems fair to reward people who are more committed to the league, and personally I would feel a bit bad kicking someone else out who has taken part in more than one race...

Next League Night Thursday 3rd March 2016 8pm

wkRl0Kl.jpg

"Group 1: @Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i

9. @S\.C\.G NNID: Metal-Mutiny

10. @Cube NNID: DJCube

11. @nekunando NNID:nekunando

12. @Nicktendo NNID: Nikoli_86

Reserves

@Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi

If you can't race, post here, we will move into two groups if we get 16 players, otherwise we will have a reserves list on a first come basis. Still time to sign up. Add NNID: jcmarshall just incase of connection problems again this week. See you all later

Edited by The Mole

@Pestneb do you want to race in one GP instead of me (my nephew will take one, I'll take the second one) , so you get at least something for tonight? I'll tell you when we finish the second GP and the guys can wait for few seconds till you sign in?

For the final table it shouldn't matter?

@Pestneb do you want to race in one GP instead of me (my nephew will take one, I'll take the second one) , so you get at least something for tonight? I'll tell you when we finish the second GP and the guys can wait for few seconds till you sign in?

For the final table it shouldn't matter?

Thanks a lot for the offer, it's really kind of you but I think if the other (3?) players needed to create group 2 don't appear I'll just sit this one out :)

If there is a no show/someone pulls out because of connection issues I'll be there though :)

(right at the back being lapped :P)

I'm available tonight. I'll stay on here until past 8pm, if there are no shows let me know and I'll join in.

I signed to the always in list but shows I'm not signed up for tonight :( just letting you know I'm in

@S\.C\.G has not turned up yet. Bullet Will standby as you were suppose to be in

Edit: S.C.G has turned up

The random track would be Rainbow Road again, ey? :laughing:

Anyway, that was absolutely bonkers. Can't believe I won a GP. :heh:

tumblr_nm1vj0n58e1uo70qeo1_500.gif

The random one was horrible, why that one.....

Because it was really funny!

That Random track was just the icing on the ridiculous cake! Could not have dreamt of a more poetic ending to a truly horrific night!

I take it that everyone thought it was the best night ever and won't see me in anything but a positive light for suggesting such an inspired theme?

Right?

Not gonna lie, I have missed the insanity a bit. Great night!

EDIT: Oh, and @Nicktendo. You weren't using motion controls! You lied!

hermione-granger-i-trusted-you.gif

Edited by Glen-i

Behold my AWESOME Grumble Volcano skills

I did dreadfully. And on the last Rainbow Road, I just got constant Golden Mushrooms. I saw @Glen\-i go past me just after I started the third lap (he had already finished.

Still, crazy fun.

Oh, and one odd thing that happened to me: I got a bullet bill which took me from 8th to 1st on Sherbet Land.

Edited by Cube

I had a blast tonight. Got a few good finishes and some bad ones. It really is a great leveller when we have a theme as bad as this. I saw people constantly falling off the track.