NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart League 2016

Ok. I'm done. Sorry guys. I really have no idea if that was my end or what. I Have Skype running with my girlfriend on and it's been fine. So I can only imagine it's Nintendo.

I will post what scores we managed to get.

1. @BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher

2. @Wii NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

3. @Cube NNID: DJCube

4. Dcubed[/MENTION] NNID: Nuclear_Muffin

5. @punio75 NNID: Punio75

6. @Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14

7. @Kounan NNID: KouNaNOVM[MENTION=893]

8. @Kaepora_Gaebora NNID: Stankind

As tonight was unsuccessful to you, is there any chance you could play between now and the next league night? Post on here when you are free and we can try and arrange something

I usually can and I do have a free weekend.

Can group 1 also play again sometime before next week? Just so I'm not last in every GP.

Sorry, unfortunately for you we didn't have any problems

I can try again Sunday. Most other evenings I will be working. We did get GP 1 completed though.

Yeah, the one we finished last with 6 points.....

In one race we were 4th and while trying a shortcut the car turned in the wrong direction so we lost about 10 seconds to be on track again and finished last and in one we were 6th and got hit by a green shell just 2-3 seconds before the end line :weep::weep::weep:

Now, in the second GP we finished 5th and were 4th (just behind the 3rd placed) when the problems started....

So guys, because I blame @BowserBasher I think that he should get half of his overall points deducted and it should be assigned to the seven of us and our average should now change :D. I hope I will get your votes for this :D

So guys, because I blame @BowserBasher I think that he should get half of his overall points deducted and it should be assigned to the seven of us and our average should now change :D. I hope I will get your votes for this :D

my counterpoints. I played for 30 minutes before hand and have just played for 30 minutes again with 0, zero, zilch, nada problems at all.

So I put forward that one of you guys must have sent a gremlin into my WiiU with the intention of sabotaging my races. It backfired and I got first in GP 1 so whoever did it then sent another to just mess with my connection the rest of the night.

1. @BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher

2. @Wii NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

3. @Cube NNID: DJCube

4. Dcubed[/MENTION] NNID: Nuclear_Muffin

5. @punio75 NNID: Punio75

6. @Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14

7. @Kounan NNID: KouNaNOVM[MENTION=893]

8. @Kaepora_Gaebora NNID: Stankind

As tonight was unsuccessful to you, is there any chance you could play between now and the next league night? Post on here when you are free and we can try and arrange something

I'm free on Sunday night or all of Monday.

my counterpoints. I played for 30 minutes before hand and have just played for 30 minutes again with 0, zero, zilch, nada problems at all.

So I put forward that one of you guys must have sent a gremlin into my WiiU with the intention of sabotaging my races. It backfired and I got first in GP 1 so whoever did it then sent another to just mess with my connection the rest of the night.

Or your GF doesn't want you to play :D.

I could possibly be free Saturday night, apart from that I'll have to abandon ship!

Also I'd like to point out I got disconnected in GP1 so lost hard points. Otherwise I would have won. Perhaps

While I favour the fact that everyone should play regardless of numbers involved, I felt the fun took a significant hit when dropping from a group of 12 to a group of 7 :red:

While I favour the fact that everyone should play regardless of numbers involved, I felt the fun took a significant hit when dropping from a group of 12 to a group of 7 :red:

Original mariokart had only 8.. so maybe if 13 people sign up the first people signed up could be in group one with a group of 8, and a group of 5?

13 = 8 and 5

14 = 8 and 6

15 = 9 and 6

16 = 9 and 7

17 = 10 and 7

18 = 10 and 8

19 = 11 and 8

20 = 12 and 8

then fill up group 2 until you have 24, then

25 = 10 and 8 and 6

26 = 11 and 8 and 6

27 = 11 and 9 and 6

28 = 11 and 9 and 7

29 = 12 and 9 and 7

30 = 12 and 10 and 7

31 = 12 and 10 and 8

32 = 12 and 11 and 8

33 = 12 and 11 and 9

34 = 12 and 12 and 9...

not sure we got more than 36 players before... but basically it would give an incentive to sign up quick (or be always in if that list still exists).

Maybe people could specify if they have a strong preference for larger groups (personally I enjoy it whatever the group size) and that could influence where people end up...?

anyway.. just an idea that probably sucks :D

Original mariokart had only 8..

I know :heh: In fact, I actually felt like 12 was too many in Mario Kart Wii but ultimately it was the fact that it didn't feel properly balanced that caused the real problem!

We've been spoilt by utter chaos in the league over the last few weeks and it has been hilariously brilliant :grin: Last night was a little quiet..

I know :heh: In fact, I actually felt like 12 was too many in Mario Kart Wii but ultimately it was the fact that it didn't feel properly balanced that caused the real problem!

We've been spoilt by utter chaos in the league over the last few weeks and it has been hilariously brilliant :grin: Last night was a little quiet..

maybe having hectic items (or whatever that setting is) would help?

maybe having hectic items (or whatever that setting is) would help?

madshl.gif

Be careful what you wish for...

madshl.gif

Be careful what you wish for...

haha, well for the foreseeable future thursday nights are a no no for me.. so it won't be affecting me (I was going to say sadly but.. I'm not 100% sure how sad I am about that statement :D)

Gonna post this week's theme in a bit...

Prepare yourselves. ;):laughing:

*EDIT*

OK, here it is:

Yeah, I redesigned the theme image again.

wkRl0Kl.jpg

Character/part selection:

Dry Bowser

Master Cycle

Cyber Slick

Hylian Kite

GP1 - [200cc] - [Frantic Mode] - Gotta Go Fyast!:

Mute City

SNES Rainbow Road

Rainbow Road

Big Blue

GP2 - [200cc] - [Frantic Mode] - Obstacles, Obstacles Everywhere!:

Shy Guy Falls

N64 Toad's Turnpike

Wii Grumble Volcano

Bowser's Castle

GP3 - [200cc] - [Frantic Mode] - Who Needs Grip?:

GCN Sherbet Land

Ice Ice Outpost

3DS Koopa City

Random

"Thanks" to @Glen\-i for this theme. :heh:

Always In list:

@The Mole

@Kounan

@punio75

@Brian58

@BowserBasher

@Bullet Will

RedShell

Who else is up for experiencing this insanity? :D

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

You redesigned the theme image for my return?

Why @RedShell, with these Forrero Rocher image changes, you really are spoiling me!

Hot-Fuzz-jump-1_zps27f57145.gif

I personally think you've all been playing dangerously close to this...

tumblr_lgkevjzKHV1qd3vdn.gif

It needs to be more like this!

dr-evil-laugh-o_zps94655953.gif

Doesn't really need to be said, but I'm IN this week.

Edited by Glen-i

I REALLY wish I could get in on the experience and have my point average plummet faster than someone using this setup on Rainbow Road, but alas I am working this week :p

Edit:

Last week's highlights are now up! (This one is particularly brilliant :laughing: )

Once again, a huge thanks goes to @RedShell for the especially excellent work he did this week! :bowdown:

BTW, for those who watch the credits, there may be a little hint at something else coming very shortly... ;)

Edited by Dcubed
Automerged Doublepost

I REALLY wish I could get in on the experience and have my point average plummet faster than someone using this setup on Rainbow Road, but alas I am working this week :p

Edit:

Last week's highlights are now up! (This one is particularly brilliant :laughing: )

Once again, a huge thanks goes to @RedShell for the especially excellent work he did this week! :bowdown:

BTW, for those who watch the credits, there may be a little hint at something else coming very shortly... ;)

You lot go with a Yoshi theme last week and don't use the Yoshi bike!?

What's wrong with you!?

You know what? If there was any guilt about this theme before (And there wasn't), it's gone now!

This blatant discrimination against inward drift is unacceptable!