NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

I noticed it has been tweaked now so that you have to actually open the related games before you can redeem platinum points for icons. For example, open SNES NSO Mario World first for 50 points before you can get the newly added icons, and for the Animal Crossing icons (still on monthly rotation) you have to have been on the game three times, 24 hours apart. Interesting stipulations.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I noticed it has been tweaked now so that you have to actually open the related games before you can redeem platinum points for icons. For example, open SNES NSO Mario World first for 50 points before you can get the newly added icons, and for the Animal Crossing icons (still on monthly rotation) you have to have been on the game three times, 24 hours apart. Interesting stipulations.

What a stupid change. Seems like they added an unnecessary extra step.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What a stupid change. Seems like they added an unnecessary extra step.

Wonder if they are building up to bigger rewards for people with longer streaks on certain games? Or the Mother 3 icons will be made available globally and only those with JP accounts will be able to actually get them.

That seems like an unnecessary obstacle to put in front of getting avatars. Especially as you never had to do that before. The Animal Crossing stipulation seems extra ridiculous.

On a side note, one of the Super Mario World avatars they put up today is just the same as one of the free ones already on the Profile menu without cropping:

GH_i9CmW8AEV6B0?format=jpg&name=smallGH_i9CZXoAApDGE?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Did Yoshi always gaze at Mario with that alluring look?

Wouldn’t you?

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Wouldn’t you?

If it were Daisy on my back, perhaps...

On 06/03/2024 at 3:15 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Did Yoshi always gaze at Mario with that alluring look?

View 28 Mario Jumping Off Yoshi Gif - bikospwasuts

It's the "hit me, Mario" look.

On 06/03/2024 at 7:54 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

If it were Daisy on my back, perhaps...

Spoiler

[Image - 888463] | Super Mario | Know Your Meme

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

NSFW! (Hide contents)

[Image - 888463] | Super Mario | Know Your Meme

Yo yo baby gimme some fries with that shake

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Additional rewards (icons) you can get by playing:

- Mario Kart 8
- Mario Wonder
- Mario 3D World
- Mario Odyssey

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Additional rewards (icons) you can get by playing:

- Mario Kart 8
- Mario Wonder
- Mario 3D World
- Mario Odyssey

Do you have to play each of these for 3 days like Animal Crossing?

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Do you have to play each of these for 3 days like Animal Crossing?

Indeed, by playing. Gonna cycle the carts since I only have a handful of icons across those Mario games and get off the NSO free trial since you aren't eligible for icons on it. 

Posted (edited)

I had some points expiring by the end of this month so in picked up a few things, which arrived in an oversized box lol:

rWrnTx0.jpeg

GMqCI9QWMAIou7O?format=jpg&name=large

GMqCI9XWQAAA7xy?format=jpg&name=large

GMqCqluXYAAdlIt?format=jpg&name=large

GMqCqlqX0AAIZcl?format=jpg&name=large

GMqCqlwWEAE6Q_j?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I love The Roost coasters, so glad I picked them up when I had expiring points too.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I love The Roost coasters, so glad I picked them up when I had expiring points too.

Yeah they're quite nice. I was surprised that they are made out of metal too.

Nice haul, @Helmsly. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Roost coasters too—they even come in a nice little metal holder. I've manage to whittle my platinum points way down so it'll be a good while before I order anything else.

• Like 1

Link to the Past icons are available. To be able to get them you have to fire up LttP first. There's a mission for doing so which will net you the 50 platinum points needed to get all five icons.

• Like 4

On 06/05/2024 at 11:46 AM, darksnowman said:

I've manage to whittle my platinum points way down so it'll be a good while before I order anything else.

Do you have the ability to play Fire Emblem Heroes? You get 100 coins every few missions. It's all I play it for. I just put it on auto play and rake in the platinum coins. :D

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Do you have the ability to play Fire Emblem Heroes? You get 100 coins every few missions. It's all I play it for. I just put it on auto play and rake in the platinum coins. :D

I think my phone would calve if I try to put a game on it. 

• Haha 1

Donkey Kong icons are available this month a long with a mission to play the featured software: DK to get 50 platinum coins. There are nine icons; one of DK is not in this image. Afaik, the top row of four above are new whereas the others were previously offered.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

A handful of Metroid Dread icons have dropped, available in three waves until 9th July:

EDITED TO ADD: they've also added some for Prime Remastered, too; available in two waves until 2nd July. 

Some of those look real nice, and think I'll be picking them up just to have them as future options...but I think it's going to take something beyond S-tier to replace my current black/gold background TotK Link icon :laughing:

Edited by Julius

Nintendo are going a bit nuts with the icons – four waves of two icons have been announced to tie into the release of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, updating on a weekly basis and starting today. 

:peace:

• Thanks 1