N-Europe

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Hero-of-Time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Celebi is coming to Pokémon Go as a reward for doing some new Special Research that starts on August 20th. Looking forward to doing some more of that Special Research, that was - for the most part - fun. Also, Pokémon from Johto will appear more often now. And the good news is that no Johto Pokémon requires 400 Candy... :D

Trainers,

Professor Willow needs your help once again! It seems he’s been tracking the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, which has mysteriously appeared somewhere nearby. Can you help him locate the Time Travel Pokémon? Prepare yourself for August 20, when this Special Research becomes available worldwide!

Along the way to discovering Celebi’s time-shifting nature, you’ll encounter tasks that will test your skills as a Trainer. Complete tasks to gain XP, receive useful items, and even encounter certain Pokémon on your journey! You can begin completing Special Research on Celebi at any time as long as you have done the third group of tasks related to the Special Research on Mew, and actively finish tasks related to both at your own pace!

For those who have already completed the exclusive Pokémon GO Fest Special Research and have obtained the Time Travel Pokémon, completing this new Special Research will earn you a new bounty of Candy to power up your Celebi.

The presence of Celebi has also drawn out the appearance of more Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region. Plus, Field Research relating to Pokémon discovered in the Johto region will be available throughout this special time. So get into the Johto spirit and get ready for a new adventure!

Can’t wait to show your love for the Johto region? A new Celebi T-shirt will be available for free in the Style Shop. Plus, Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver Trainer avatar items will also be available in the Style Shop, featuring outfits that unlock according to your Johto medal progress.

Prepare yourselves to get out there and complete this exciting Special Research, Trainers! Stay safe, and happy exploring!

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

I'm desperately looking for the Field Research Quest that gets me Spinda before it disappears. Got Miltank the other day so that's good but yeah, Spinda is still missing. Today I spun 19 different stops without finding it. 

Also got to the 6th Special Quest where I need to evolve two Pokémon with items and I only got one. I could evolve Sunkern and Poliwhirl but haven't got them. And then I need Candy for the rest. Sucks big time.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool to see Deoxys added to the game. I've never done an Ex-Raid though, it's impossible to do raids where I live as there's never anyone there.

Mewtwo should be in normal raids from today, I might need to travel into central London just for this. :smile:

Beldum's been my buddy for a while and I'm up to 95 candy. I think he's the only normal one I've got left to evolve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

I've walked 20km with Feebas but nothing has happened? What do I need to do to Evolve it?

100 Candy. The 20 km is just an additional requirement. But it's still a manual process.

Got a Taurus in an Alolan Egg yesterday and bar Mewtwo, my Kanto-dex is now complete - it was actually the first Alolan Egg I hatched after the regionals were added so I was really lucky, I guess.

I have joined a Raid Group in my area now in order to obtain Mewtwo this weekend to complete it.