NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

And also, making Zubats and Drowsee's even more frequent.

Yay?

LOL yeah a suspect move but hopefully Gengars will be more common too.

I've never played pokemon before but my son downloaded go on my phone and what started out as having go running when I take the dog for a walk to hatch eggs has become a bit of an addiction. I very only done a couple of gym battles but the catching and evolving is quite therapeutic.

I still,play whilst lm out.

The Halloween event is great for collecting candy. 2x on hatches, catches and transfers. And 4x on buddy walking.

Ghastly, Haunter, Cubone, Marowak, Drowzee, Hypno, Meowth and Gengar are all more common too.

I think this is a gross misunderstanding of the situation. These people aren't going to go buy a 150-200 quid or whatever 3DS and a 30 quid or so game, after playing this free to play game.

wc0smw.jpg

I still play but its not as fun given we seem to never be getting tracking now! we've had three updates since it went and its not even mentioned now! the game will be dead before its restored

I still,play whilst lm out.

The Halloween event is great for collecting candy. 2x on hatches, catches and transfers. And 4x on buddy walking.

Ghastly, Haunter, Cubone, Marowak, Drowzee, Hypno, Meowth and Gengar are all more common too.

Why Meowth? Doesn't really scream Halloween.

I'll admit, GO has certainly done more to shift 3DS systems than I thought it would. That said, from what I recall, 3DS hardware sales were pretty poor before GO's release (particularly in the US) and they're reporting percentage increases, so it probably sounds like it's had a much bigger effect than it really has.

Also remember that a bunch of other factors came along too (Monster Hunter, 2DS price cut, old school Pokemon games on the eShop sale). I don't deny some of it is Pokemon GO's doing though.

I assume like a black cat? By why not Zubat?

Zubat does have an increased appearance this weekend

Why Meowth? Doesn't really scream Halloween.

If it was Aloan Meowth it would be more black cat.....

Saw a Mr. Mime today but it ran... Anyway to make it use Great Balls instead of the regular Pokeballs?

Saw a Mr. Mime today but it ran... Anyway to make it use Great Balls instead of the regular Pokeballs?

If you mean the Go+ then no. It only ever uses normal poke balls.

Ditto has been found! Ditto can be caught. All you need to do is start catching all the Pidgey, Ratatta, Magikarp and Zubat as these are what he is hiding as. Catch as many as you can and one will transform into Ditto once you catch it.

If you mean the Go+ then no. It only ever uses normal poke balls.

Nope, in the app.

However if you are out of Pokeballs, the Go Plus starts vibrating constantly, it's really annoying.

Nope, in the app.

However if you are out of Pokeballs, the Go Plus starts vibrating constantly, it's really annoying.

no way to change it. It is annoying that if you have run out then it won't use the next balls up.

The change they've made, on iOS at least, to "duck" the audio when PoGo is open, is really, really annoying. It must be driving people away from the game, because as much as I want to level up my dratini "buddy", I'd rather have my music at full volume.

The change they've made, on iOS at least, to "duck" the audio when PoGo is open, is really, really annoying. It must be driving people away from the game, because as much as I want to level up my dratini "buddy", I'd rather have my music at full volume.

If you slide up the controls from the bottom of the screen and pause then play the song it'll return to full volume.

Any news on the Apple Watch app? It feels like I've been waiting ages for it now. I barely play it myself these days as it just feels like a pain, what with the battery drain and lack of interesting Pokémon but I'll be tempted to jump back in when the Watch version comes out or the Gold/Silver mon are added.

If you slide up the controls from the bottom of the screen and pause then play the song it'll return to full volume.

I use Spotify while playing the game and you can get around it by pressing the "play" button on the newer earphones after you've opened Pokemon Go.

On a side note the full tracking system is now in place in Ireland as of this morning, presume it's rolled out to the UK as well?

New tracking is live in Netherlands as well. And finally got a Ditto this morning disguised as a Rattata. Now let's hope they go live with gen 2 soon and also start working on Android Wear support in addition to the Apple Watch (still no news on that @Josh64).

It shows which stop the pokemon is near (with a pic of the actual stop behind them), and you can tap on them to track them.

Working pretty well for me so far.

I use Spotify while playing the game and you can get around it by pressing the "play" button on the newer earphones after you've opened Pokemon Go.

On a side note the full tracking system is now in place in Ireland as of this morning, presume it's rolled out to the UK as well?

I don't have the headphones with play (unless you just mean pressing the middle for pause/play?). The CC thing works though, thanks @Eddage :D

Edited by Shorty

I don't have the headphones with play (unless you just mean pressing the middle for pause/play?). The CC thing works though, thanks @Eddage :D

Yup, the middle button is just a handy shortcut!